Don't get the hopes up on kicker Mike Nugent

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plain and simple, you cant trust lindell to make a pressure kick, let alone a pressure kick from 40+ yards...the guys 40+ FG% says it all...axe him...

197533[/snapback]

Plain and simple Mike Williams can't pass block on 2nd and 3.5 yards. Time to cut him. :P

Good point. We need a caretaker Kicker. Just let Moorman run a lot of fakes.

197339[/snapback]

We don't need a kicker to win the game, just one who won't lose the game.

Also, Coach MM believes in an open competition. TD said so.

Sure THING?

Are you honestly, sincerely, and truthfully referring to Rian (with an i) Lindell as a "sure thing"?

Holy Crap - I've heard it all.

197410[/snapback]

I couldn't go any further than this without pissing myself. Holy crap, man...how you missed that is beyond me.

Gavin...thanks for the laugh. That's the beautiful thing about good sarcasm on TBD. You know SOMEONE will bite. You just never know who.

:D:D:):blink::doh:

Nugent will be a rookie next season. No way should we start a rookie kicker when we have an experienced veteran in Lindell.

Look I know you've all watched the games same as me and have seen how awful Lindell can be at times, but the Bills are really close so why should we trust an inexperienced kicker when we already have a veteran in Lindell?

197329[/snapback]

seriously, if this isn't a joke, Im going to hunt you down and kill you just so theres 1 less idiot around.

I couldn't go any further than this without pissing myself. Holy crap, man...how you missed that is beyond me.

Gavin...thanks for the laugh. That's the beautiful thing about good sarcasm on TBD. You know SOMEONE will bite. You just never know who.

:D  :D  :)  :blink:  :doh:

197869[/snapback]

Come on, you didnt expect this? You knew who would bite. Funny sh*t.

:D  :D  :)  :blink:  :doh:

197869[/snapback]

I really don't know how i missed it either... moment of weakness of which i hope to never repeat...

damn!

Nugent will be a rookie next season. No way should we start a rookie kicker when we have an experienced veteran in Lindell.

Look I know you've all watched the games same as me and have seen how awful Lindell can be at times, but the Bills are really close so why should we trust an inexperienced kicker when we already have a veteran in Lindell?

197329[/snapback]

I smell sarcasm... Sounds like a lame let's-keep-Bledsoe-around-another-season kind of arguement.

As far as dealing with pressure, I think kicking at a major foortball factory like OSU is probably equal in pressure to the NFL.

PTR

I smell sarcasm...  Sounds like a lame let's-keep-Bledsoe-around-another-season kind of arguement.

As far as dealing with pressure, I think kicking at a major foortball factory like OSU is probably equal in pressure to the NFL.

PTR

198038[/snapback]

And again I ask, how many national campionships has this loser won?

Oh Bull Stevetojan, USC should have been awarded that one as well.  They were screwed for 2 years and now it shows after that second tier team played them.

That wasn't a legit national championship.

198050[/snapback]

They defeated #1 Miami. :D

Probably the only position where there is little difference between college and pro football is a kicker. Your responsibilities are essentially the same. Much, much easier transition than any other position. I would worry about a kicker from a small school but Nugent will have played in front of crowds bigger than he'll see in the pros at OSU and at Michigan so that does not worry as much. A great kicker can win you games. Look at us this year and how it limits your choices offensively when you drive within the other teams 40.

197329[/snapback]

Weak analogy. You see, the goal posts in the pro's are the same height and width as those in college and the field is the same length. The hashmarks are closer which actually makes things easier for kickers in the NFL as opposed to college.

For QB's, the situation is entirely different. The playbooks are three times the size, the game plans more complicated, the D-lineman are bigger, faster and meaner. Everybody is faster and stronger, more dedicated and motivated. For the kickers, with the exception of the use of tees, things really aren't all that different in the NFL. On top of that, Ohio State is pretty much a professional team so it would be a seamless transition into the pro's for Nugent.

Another difference: You can go several games without your kicker doing much of anything besides kicking off and hitting a few extra points. The QB is handling the ball every single offensive snap. Starting a rookie QB or virtual rookie is not within a thousand miles of being the same thing as starting a rookie place kicker.

Weak analogy.  You see, the goal posts in the pro's are the same height and width as those in college and the field is the same length.  The hashmarks are closer which actually makes things easier for kickers in the NFL as opposed to college.

For QB's, the situation is entirely different.  The playbooks are three times the size, the game plans more complicated, the D-lineman are bigger, faster and meaner.  Everybody is faster and stronger, more dedicated and motivated.  For the kickers, with the exception of the use of tees, things really aren't all that different in the NFL.  On top of that, Ohio State is pretty much a professional team so it would be a seamless transition into the pro's for Nugent.

Another difference:  You can go several games without your kicker doing much of anything besides kicking off and hitting a few extra points.  The QB is handling the ball every single offensive snap.  Starting a rookie QB or virtual rookie is not within a thousand miles of being the same thing as starting a rookie place kicker.

198149[/snapback]

You're no fun, go shovel the driveway. BTW, its comin this weekend. My guess is about 3 feet. Be careful :devil:

B-)  :lol:  :lol:  B-)  :w00t:

197869[/snapback]

Would you call this the single most embarrasing hook job of the season? :devil: