Bills are placing franchise tag on S Jairus Byrd.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess this means Levitre is mostly like gone which is a huge mistake

Maybe what is holding up things with Levitre is Fitz? My friend suggested the Bills are asking Fitz to do a "Tom Brady" and free up some money for Levitre?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Good move. Now lets make signing Levitre priority #1. Mark my words- if we !@#$ up and lose Levitre- it will be the biggest FA loss since Pat Williams. On a team with gaping holes everywhere- two positions are set- RB and Oline. Losing Levitre creates another gaping hole and would be a kick in the balls

You are probably right but Byrd is 2 million less on the cap to franchise so Levitre could be more of a long term priority

Good move. Now lets make signing Levitre priority #1. Mark my words- if we !@#$ up and lose Levitre- it will be the biggest FA loss since Pat Williams. On a team with gaping holes everywhere- two positions are set- RB and Oline. Losing Levitre creates another gaping hole and would be a kick in the balls

Agreed, but he's going to test the waters, we know this. So the real question isn't whether they will or won't, but how much is too much?

Do you mean it's a mistake to put the tag on Byrd instead of Levitre? I'm really hoping by way of miracle he'll want to sign long term.

Edited by cantankerous

Would've preferred the long-term deal. I'm almost 100% convinced that Levitre will be gone.

It's a win-win. Byrd gets decent money.

The Bills get him in a contract year with the opportunity to feel-out the new "culture."

It's a great audition for the coaches, one that Byrd is prudent to put them through BEFORE he signs that long deal. He would have been foolish to sign long term now.

I'm happy to hear Byrd stays. Hopefully they can work something out with Levitre, and then Byrd during this year. Sadly, I think once Andy hits the market hell meet winning teams and big money and I think he'll be gone.

I'm disappointed they haven't signed Byrd to a long term deal and need to resort to the tag. They sure as hell better get it done with him before the season starts and not wait till he's an UFA like they did with Levitre.

Agreed, but he's going to test the waters, we know this. So the real question isn't whether they will or won't, but how much is too much?

Very rare does a player "test the waters" and not leave the team he is on. Once a player feels he's not worth the extra effort to keep them, pride kick in and they walk. Letting him go is worst than letting Byrd go IMHO. He's been the only foundation this o-line has had since he came to buffalo. Played where ever they have asked and held his own. Guards are supposedly easy to find, but football players aren't.