Bills interested in retaining Corey McIntyre

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/02/agent-bills-interested-in-corey-mcintyre-but-free-agency-awaits.html

New coach Doug Marrone's offense apparently will feature a blocking fullback because the Buffalo Bills want veteran fullback and special-teams captain Corey McIntyre to return.

Despite the interest, McIntyre plans to shop his services on the open market in a couple weeks...

McIntyre's value can't be measured in yards from scrimmage or receptions. Former coach Chan Gailey used him on offense almost exclusively as a blocker for C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. On 103 snaps last season, McIntyre had one touch, a 9-yard reception.

McIntyre was an important blocker on kick and punt returns. He helped spring Leodis McKelvin and Brad Smith on several long returns. McIntyre also made six solo tackles on special teams.

Is this merely Buddy being a good guy and trying to drive his price up for someone else knowing full well that we aren't interested in him? I'm not. He's a good guy but I need something more than what we get from him and think we can find that somewhere.

The few training camp sessions I attended he got the ball ALOT - I was sure they were going to put him into the offense more. I never know if that doesn't happen because he wasn't reliable in practices or if they just never put it in the game plan.

Is this merely Buddy being a good guy and trying to drive his price up for someone else knowing full well that we aren't interested in him? I'm not. He's a good guy but I need something more than what we get from him and think we can find that somewhere.

How much "find somewhere" is a team supposed to do in one off season?

They had holes-a-plenty then created some more by letting a couple starters go. A DE retired. Still haven't signed Byrd or Levitre.

At some point you have to stop the bleeding and realize there is only so much you can do in one off season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I can't think of any other full backs that are better than Corey. If Corey is not our starting FB and special teams capt. then tell who is our starting FB? The sooner he signs the better i feel. He blocks as well as sam gash did. He did'nt catch or run because the coach did'nt let him. Dude can catch and block as well as any FB ever to play, is the best special teamer besides leodis, and if they gave him short yardage carries he would pick up first downs every time. When he runs the ball he's good for 3yds every time, one lineman or backer is not stopping him. He's a running back in a guards body. Set high school records as a rb and should be used like mike alscott was in tampa. Wonder why he's the wedge buster and the first guy down the field on special teams? Cause the dude can flat out fly at 250lbs., im talking 4.5 speed at fb.