If Geno is available at #8, the Bills could trade back for huge gains

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how people would like to get Geno but him being available could get us multiple picks this year, maybe even a first & second this year. I'd like to have the ability to pick up a few Corners or WRs, who's in ?

I'd rather have a qb than a corner and WR

And if he slides to 8 why do you think there will be a bounty for him if 8(including us) mostly qb needy teams pass on him

I know how people would like to get Geno but him being available could get us multiple picks this year, maybe even a first & second this year. I'd like to have the ability to pick up a few Corners or WRs, who's in ?

:sick:

The knock on Smith is when the first read isn't open he struggles with progressions. He's a great athlete, there is no questioning that, but being a great athlete doesn't equate to NFL success from a QB standpoint. Anyone who watched him at the combine today would also notice the inconsistency when throwing the deeper routes down field. So he is erratic with the deep ball and struggles after his initial read is gone, but it is wiped away because he can run a sub 4.6 forty time and throw a ball 10-15 yards farther than Fitz? No thanks.

The knock on Smith is when the first read isn't open he struggles with progressions. He's a great athlete, there is no questioning that, but being a great athlete doesn't equate to NFL success from a QB standpoint. Anyone who watched him at the combine today would also notice the inconsistency when throwing the deeper routes down field. So he is erratic with the deep ball and struggles after his initial read is gone, but it is wiped away because he can run a sub 4.6 forty time and throw a ball 10-15 yards farther than Fitz? No thanks.

It's interesting that a former NFL QB, and future Hall Of Famer, pretty much had the opposite opinion of Smith throwing the ball today...I'm not sure what your watching and evaluating with Smith, but you're not even close...And I've seen almost every pass he's thrown over the past 3 years...Did he struggle at times? Yes he certainly did...But you don't throw for 98 TD's to only 21 INT's, and complete 67.4% of your passes in major College Football by accident...Smith can do it all, and when he's right, he does it with ease...And I have no idea where this great athlete, but not a good QB idea comes from with Geno...Everyone and their Mother knows the kid went to great lengths to be a pocket passer first and foremost. He even frustrated his coaching staff by not taking off and running more...He is a great athlete...But he's a traditional pocket QB...

The real knock on Smith is his personality and demeanor when things are not going well...He has a tendency to hang his head a bit and get down on himself...That is the real concern NFL Teams have about him...He's a total gym rat and he loves football...He's humble and he wants to be the best...Does he need work? Of course he does...They all do...Even Andrew Luck needs work...But from a production, tools, smarts, and athletic ability standpoint Smith is more than worthy of #8 overall...Though I fully expect him to be gone by then...If not, and the Bills pass...I'll call it stupid just like most of the decisions they normally make on Draft day... B-)