Geno Smith - 4.59 40 Yard Dash at Combine

He has been a pocket passer. That's not a knock. If anything its a compliment.

Saying he was a scrambler just isn't accurate. Luck ran a 4.59 too.

It's a nice perk still.

I tell you this if geno smith is still there by lets say the 5th pick and the bills dont atleast try to trade up I will be extremely upset...no way the browns skip on Geno if he is there.....especially when weeden is on the ""trading block"" Edited by Hotpockets28

I tell you this if geno smith is still there by lets say the 5th pick and the bills dont atleast try to trade up I will be extremely upset...no way the browns skip on Geno if he is there.....especially when weeden is on the ""trading block""

If Buddy Ryan likes his feet. He could move up too.

He has been a pocket passer. That's not a knock. If anything its a compliment.

Saying he was a scrambler just isn't accurate. Luck ran a 4.59 too.

It's a nice perk still.

Absolutely that is not a knock. It is a great thing that he has pocket passer skills. But people were nearly acting like he was immobile. As I showed in highlights in a previous thread, the guy can be explosive with his feet. No doubt this could be a huge weapon and threat the defense constantly has to monitor. Get him Buddy!

If geno is there when the lions pick at 5....i wonder if by swaping first round picks while adding a 3rd this year and maybe a player like Rb fred jackson into the deal seeing the lions are soooo desperate for RB help will be enough for the lions to trade down to #8....hmmmm

Edited by Hotpockets28

Absolutely that is not a knock. It is a great thing that he has pocket passer skills. But people were nearly acting like he was immobile. As I showed in highlights in a previous thread, the guy can be explosive with his feet. No doubt this could be a huge weapon and threat the defense constantly has to monitor. Get him Buddy!

Agreed. It was just getting ugly in the conversations for awhile - the old "he's mike Vick, we need a guy that knows how to throw the ball" I think elicited responses that were strongly on the side of him being a pocket player. He's athletic, but it was a rarely seen perk.

I would love to have him. I can't see it happening but if he slides even a couple spots I'd say give a ton to move up and don't look back.

i'm more interested in how he throws the ball and how he sees the field. things like anticipating his recievers breaks and feeling the pressure in the pocket. knowing when to run seems more important than how fast you run. having said all that, after watching qb's of varying speeds run free through the bills' defense this past year, i understand the effect a decent set of wheels can have.so, to make a short story long, it doesn't mean more than the rest of the qb skills, but it is a nice compliment.

If he can't win with his arm I dont want him. Smith can beat you with his arm which is by far his best asset

that's kinda what i was trying to say but got caught in a ramble.

Maybe the only QB worth a 1st. Nice highlight reel produced by some Kansas City fan. Sorry not convinced with Nassib. But even then Geno is not a lock to beat out Fitz so is it worth a 1st pick? We need our 1st pick to be producing on day 1 of the season so I think we need to look elsewhere.

so his 40 time is why you want him :doh:

Yeah, it has nothing to do with that being combined with his pocket passing skills. As a matter of fact, I've changed my mind. Whoever runs the fastest 40 in the draft, I want us to take him with our first pick, regardless of position and skill level. Then we should sign him to a long term contract, immediatley start him at QB, and give him franchise QB money.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with that being combined with his pocket passing skills. As a matter of fact, I've changed my mind. Whoever runs the fastest 40 in the draft, I want us to take him with our first pick, regardless of position and skill level. Then we should sign him to a long term contract, immediatley start him at QB, and give him franchise QB money.

Yes!!!!!!! I heard Mike Glennon has track type speed!!!!!! :oops: