Why is Russ B at the Combine?

Niagara Bill

What business is it of yours, what he's doing there. You stalking him?

I have never heard more whimy positions on this board before. Is RB your man?

Remember all the years of Ralph approving the first round draft choice, remember guys getting cut because of Ralph;s input

Remember Polian and John Butler quitting because of Ralphs interference in football matters.

Now Brandon, a marketing guy is involved in selection of players...and you no concerns...there is not elbows to rub here, only football people. Having to be there to learn is scary, he is suppose to learn on the way up not once you reach the top.

leave football decisions to football people

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These threads come up way too often. As it has been stated, he isn't there to evaluate players, he is there to talk with agents in hopes of making progress on re-signing the players we need to keep. That is the best thing to do. Do you want scouts and buddy to be handleing contract talks or scouting players? Sure, you can have buddy and the scouts talk with the agents about contracts, but logic would say the football guys would be better off evalutating football talent rather than negotiating how much guarenteed money a player should get. This process worked out really well for us last year (we re-signed the guys we wanted to keep before free agency hit), and I see no problem with them sticking with what actually seems to work for them.

his job is not to talk to agents...he has people for that include Jim D and Nix and Whaley. He is the Top guy for all the organization...he is not a Jerry Jones...

His people do the job within parameters and then report ...

It's simple. Brandon obviously loves football. This is the only football activity going on at the moment. Pretty much every like minded professional football person on the planet will be there.

It's party time, NFL style.

no it is not...this is the scout and GM days..interviews and evaluations...not party time...

Remember all the years of Ralph approving the first round draft choice, remember guys getting cut because of Ralph;s input

Remember Polian and John Butler quitting because of Ralphs interference in football matters.

Polian was cut because he made crass remarks about Ralph's daughter.

Keep the facts straight not make them up to support your weak argument.

Russ Brandon has done more damage to the proper functioning of the Buffalo Bills Football team then any other person in the history of the organization in my opinion.

I for one am glad Brandon has put his reputation/job on the line by clearly taking on the head decision making role so when he screws up this time ,

hes done...

Do you like to look in the toilet and admire your work? This post sounds like it came from there.

PTR

Now Brandon, a marketing guy is involved in selection of players...and you no concerns...there is not elbows to rub here, only football people. Having to be there to learn is scary, he is suppose to learn on the way up not once you reach the top.

leave football decisions to football people

Talk about an agenda... did he steal your girl in H.S. or something? Geez... get over it.

no it is not...this is the scout and GM days..interviews and evaluations...not party time...

Party time! :lol:

Seriously though, it is the time to rub elbows with other front office types and float ideas as to who is looking to do what and lay the groundwork for possible deals, etc. Of course, if you're content to just let the names peel off the board and block all incoming calls, then it's probably not very important to be there.

So many blatantly wrong assumptions by the OP just tossed out as facts...

Got any proof RB is there to scout potential rookies and meddle with Nix and Whaley? I'll patiently wait for a link to something, anything backing up your BS.

Didn't Brandon explicitly say during his press conference he was absolutely NOT going to make football / personnel decisions?

Do you like to look in the toilet and admire your work? This post sounds like it came from there.

PTR

C'mon, everyone looks in the toilet to admire their work....

And regarding Russ Brandon at the combine? I don't like the guy, but SO WHAT....

PTR

Russ Brandon is a glorified marketing manager that shouldn't be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, but you can paint him any way you want PTR,

and for anyone asking, born in Buffalo, passionate Bills fan, love my buffalo bills, and no I don't want to see them continue to fail...

Note: From a marketing standpoint I think Brandon has done a great Job. Unfortunetly, selling tickets and winning football games are two different things.

Edited by dog14787

Russ Brandon is a glorified marketing manager that shouldn't be sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, but you can paint him any way you want PTR,

and for anyone asking, born in Buffalo, passionate Bills fan, love my buffalo bills, and no I don't want to see them continue to fail...

So his meeting with the agents for Byrd and Levitre at the combine is a smokescreen for his true intentions?

Note: From a marketing standpoint I think Brandon has done a great Job. Unfortunetly, selling tickets and winning football games are two different things.

Werent you the guy that was obsessed with Trent?

I was taught in the army, "The leader is in the critical place at the critical time."

I'd be nervous if he wasn't down there. He's not a talent evaluator but he is the President & CEO.

Yup, true that, and it really is his ass on the line,

Werent you the guy that was obsessed with Trent?

so If that don't tell you how much of a homer I am, nothing will :flirt:

Edited by dog14787