A Glimmer of Hope, the Bills Still not committed to keeping Fitz on th

BuffBill

So they don't get cap relief from cutting ties to this mistake of a contract, but they DO save the $10 million in cash.

Someone else said it: this team sells a game to Toronto every year. They are not in a position to blow $10 million in cash for a guy that is clearly not worth that money.

Maybe they can sell him to Toronto?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's confirmed not starting material. Get rid of him. Until you know who your starer is there's no room to tie up a roster spot with a backup. Every single qb should have potential to start until you find a starter. That's whats Seattle did: tj, Flynn, Wilson ... all had chance to start. Open competition best man wins. This is most efficient way to find your coveted starter

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

This, alone, speaks volumes. Why didn't you include the more recent picks vs the Giants in 2011? Wide open Stevie, Fitz under threw him twice. Cost us the game, as he admitted after.

I remember my ex wife being great in bed in 2010 as well, but that doesn't excuse her for being a total b** ch. saying he was "not the biggest reason", as you state, means he is still a reason, correct? If you've ever coached (I have for twenty five years, successfully), you would know that you don't defend what the other team is incapable of doing. Our QB cannot throw deep, so the Jets saw no need to defend it. Same with every other team.

I plan on letting Marrone sort things out. By cutting that lame duck of a QB.

OK, so in one post, you blame coaching (see above), but now Gailey knew what he was doing by picking Fitz over TJax? It seems Gailey sucks only when it's convenient to your argument.

Any video evidence from 2012 to back up your claim? By NFL standards, he does NOT have arm strength. Every QB coming out in the draft can throw the ball 58 yards. Do they all have strong arms? By your standard, yes....by NFL standards, no.

Keep setting your bar really low. Then when Fitz leads us to 5 wins over the bottom feeders of the league, you can say, "See! We won and Fitz threw for 3 TDs!"

If we keep Fitz, I and others here will see it for what it is. A team mired in mediocrity for the foreseeable future.

What makes a strong arm then? I was under the impression you all called him "noodle arm" because he can't throw 20+ yards. Which I have provided video evidence to the contrary. Either he had a ligament tear without the fans knowing, or he can still throw far. Inconsistent, perhaps, but to say he doesn't have the capability to get the ball there is flat out wrong.

What makes a strong arm then? I was under the impression you all called him "noodle arm" because he can't throw 20+ yards. Which I have provided video evidence to the contrary. Either he had a ligament tear without the fans knowing, or he can still throw far. Inconsistent, perhaps, but to say he doesn't have the capability to get the ball there is flat out wrong.

I guess, in "football speak", saying one cannot throw the ball 20 yards implies they are wildly inaccurate in that range or farther and they do not have the arm strength to get the ball to a receiver on a consistent basis as one would expect a QB to be able to do in the National Football League. Since this is a message board for an NFL team and the discussion revolves around, you know, football, I figured the readers of that comment would understand my implication. It appears I am incorrect.

I guess, in "football speak", saying one cannot throw the ball 20 yards implies they are wildly inaccurate in that range or farther and they do not have the arm strength to get the ball to a receiver on a consistent basis as one would expect a QB to be able to do in the National Football League. Since this is a message board for an NFL team and the discussion revolves around, you know, football, I figured the readers of that comment would understand my implication. It appears I am incorrect.

"do not have the arm strength" to define arm strength? Strange explanation. I conceded consistency, but he has the strength as in he can throw the ball that far. Strength in the form of muscle power, you know, that strength? Don't warp the definition of strength into accuracy/consistency, and then act all condescending, and assume I know nothing about football because I don't share your irrational, red hot fiery hatred of a guy on your favorite sports team.

Contrary to you all agreeing with each other in a circle-j*rk about our "worst QB ever!!!!!!!hate him kill him mrs rf you suck he sucks", everyone on this board doesn't have to agree; that's why it's an opinion board. I can give you the definition of opinion if you'd like, and maybe condescending, but I think I just gave you a good enough example.

I'll continue to argue further, but if you keep up with "words mean what they mean in my head" babble, I'm done. Words mean specific things. Seeing as this is an English board, I assumed readers knew the definitions of words. It appears I was wrong.

"do not have the arm strength" to define arm strength? Strange explanation. I conceded consistency, but he has the strength as in he can throw the ball that far. Strength in the form of muscle power, you know, that strength? Don't warp the definition of strength into accuracy/consistency, and then act all condescending, and assume I know nothing about football because I don't share your irrational, red hot fiery hatred of a guy on your favorite sports team.

Contrary to you all agreeing with each other in a circle-j*rk about our "worst QB ever!!!!!!!hate him kill him mrs rf you suck he sucks", everyone on this board doesn't have to agree; that's why it's an opinion board. I can give you the definition of opinion if you'd like, and maybe condescending, but I think I just gave you a good enough example.

I'll continue to argue further, but if you keep up with "words mean what they mean in my head" babble, I'm done. Words mean specific things. Seeing as this is an English board, I assumed readers knew the definitions of words. It appears I was wrong.

When he has to put all he has into it to get it that far accuracy flies out the window. When a guy can flick his wrist and make the same throw its often much more accurate.

There's also the issue of throwing it on a frozen rope vs lobbing it.

Fitzs arm strength negatively effects his accuracy and ability to attack down the field.

When he has to put all he has into it to get it that far accuracy flies out the window. When a guy can flick his wrist and make the same throw its often much more accurate.

Fitzs arm strength negatively effects his accuracy and ability to attack down the field.

Exactly. Fitz is a double-cheeker.

That's a very accurate assessment...Agree 100%... B-)

You are correct. In the literal sense of "arm strength", my description was inaccurate. Allow me to be more specific. Ryan Fitzpatrick does not have the physical skill set to consistently complete a football 20 yards or further past the line of scrimmage during an NFL game. His lack of said physical attributes cause him to be highly inaccurate when throwing passes this distance. In fact, Ryan's inconsistency in this regard has allowed teams to game plan accordingly, meaning they jump shorter routes Fitzpatrick is more apt to throw, given the afore mentioned lack of physical traits. This is not a quality I wish for the quarterback of my favourite team. Therefore, it would please me if Ryan were released and set free to pursue employment with another franchise in the National Football League (or Arena Football League).

In terms of arm "strength", Mr. Fitzpatrick certainly can throw a ball 20 yards and further, a notion your superbly researched video supports. In fact, he can even be accurate on occasion, which is also evident in your video. As an avid Bills fan since 1979, I am ecstatic that a man we have paid $21 million dollars in a new contract has the arm "strength" to hurl a piece of leather that far every so often.

My apologies for "warping" the definition of arm "strength". In future posts, I will defer to your not-so-subtle lesson in the English language and be sure to be much more careful with my words. Also, thank you for your checking my condescending attitude. It was highly inappropriate to act like someone who would post a video from 2009 to prove that Ryan Fitzpatrick indeed has the arm "strength", in its literal form, to throw a football 20 yards. I appreciate it.

Edited by Marauder24

You are correct. In the literal sense of "arm strength", my description was inaccurate. Allow me to be more specific. Ryan Fitzpatrick does not have the physical skill set to consistently complete a football 20 yards or further past the line of scrimmage during an NFL game. His lack of said physical attributes cause him to be highly inaccurate when throwing passes this distance. In fact, Ryan's inconsistency in this regard has allowed teams to game plan accordingly, meaning they jump shorter routes Fitzpatrick is more apt to throw, given the afore mentioned lack of physical traits. This is not a quality I wish for the quarterback of my favourite team. Therefore, it would please me if Ryan were released and set free to pursue employment with another franchise in the National Football League (or Arena Football League).

In terms of arm "strength", Mr. Fitzpatrick certainly can throw a ball 20 yards and further, a notion your superbly researched video supports. In fact, he can even be accurate on occasion, which is also evident in your video. As an avid Bills fan since 1979, I am ecstatic that a man we have paid $21 million dollars in a new contract has the arm "strength" to hurl a piece of leather that far every so often.

My apologies for "warping" the definition of arm "strength". In future posts, I will defer to your not-so-subtle lesson in the English language and be sure to be much more careful with my words. Also, thank you for your checking my condescending attitude. It was highly inappropriate to act like someone who would post a video from 2009 to prove that Ryan Fitzpatrick indeed has the arm "strength", in its literal form, to throw a football 20 yards. I appreciate it.

Perfectly stated Sir! With classy words, and style to boot! ;)

I guess we can forgive you just this one time.

:D

He's confirmed not starting material. Get rid of him. Until you know who your starer is there's no room to tie up a roster spot with a backup. Every single qb should have potential to start until you find a starter. That's whats Seattle did: tj, Flynn, Wilson ... all had chance to start. Open competition best man wins. This is most efficient way to find your coveted starter

I totally agree with your opinion on Fitz. We have seen what he can and can not do as a starting QB in the nfl. And it is painfully obvious that he does not have the abilities needed to make an NFL team even remotely competitive week in and week out. Anyone who disagrees with this conclusion is either delusional, or has not watched the Bills very much these past three seasons. Getting rid of Fitz should be a no brainer. The stench of all the Bills horrible losses the past three seasons can not fully be eradicated until Fitz is gone. And than the team will finally be able to cut ties from this horrific era, and move forward w hopefully much more success.

Have you ever watched Fitz throw a deep ball? He contorts his upper body in a corkscrew motion, rears back and heaves. Compare that to other real QBs who make it look effortless. Can he get the ball 40 yards downfield? Yes. Can he do it effortlessly? No. Can he do it accurately? No.

If that, to you, means that he has arm strength then more power to you.

The bottom line here, and the biggest mystery is why is Buddy Nix still the GM? Not only did he sign Fitz to this disastrous contract extension, but other then that mess, a couple cast offs that nobody wanted and a 7th round pick who had no chance of being a franchise quarterback, he has completely ignored the QB position and really screwed this team for years to come.

The bottom line here, and the biggest mystery is why is Buddy Nix still the GM? Not only did he sign Fitz to this disastrous contract extension, but other then that mess, a couple cast offs that nobody wanted and a 7th round pick who had no chance of being a franchise quarterback, he has completely ignored the QB position and really screwed this team for years to come.

Not at all. Nix is solid, and took on a disaster of a franchise coming in here. and Overdorf does the money.

Nix wil be here for the next 3 years easily,

This may be hard to understand, what with hindsight being 20/20 and all, but there was actually a time when Fitz was expected to be our franchise QB. The year was 2011, and we were fresh off a victory over the Eagles and had just raised our record to 4-1. The fans affectionately called him "The Amish Rifle," and had a cute way of purposely mispronouncing his last name as Fitzgerald or Fitzgibbons (a nod and a wink to how unknown he was). There was a huge clamor from the fans to "RE-SIGN FITZ NOW," and even our favorite contrarian Jerry Sullivan got on board with that idea.

So he was re-signed, the wheels quickly fell off, and a bunch of "know it all/I told you so" posters came out of the woodwork to tell us how good they are at picking last week's lottery numbers. I was going to type "The End," but the story is not over yet.

This may be hard to understand, what with hindsight being 20/20 and all, but there was actually a time when Fitz was expected to be our franchise QB. The year was 2011, and we were fresh off a victory over the Eagles and had just raised our record to 4-1. The fans affectionately called him "The Amish Rifle," and had a cute way of purposely mispronouncing his last name as Fitzgerald or Fitzgibbons (a nod and a wink to how unknown he was). There was a huge clamor from the fans to "RE-SIGN FITZ NOW," and even our favorite contrarian Jerry Sullivan got on board with that idea.

So he was re-signed, the wheels quickly fell off, and a bunch of "know it all/I told you so" posters came out of the woodwork to tell us how good they are at picking last week's lottery numbers. I was going to type "The End," but the story is not over yet.

Pin this post to the top of board. I am tired of these things having to be repeated every 5 days.

Not at all. Nix is solid, and took on a disaster of a franchise coming in here. and Overdorf does the money.

Nix wil be here for the next 3 years easily,

Don't be surprised if this is Nix's last draft, and Whaley takes over before next April. He took over a disaster and the team hasn't won anymore since he got here, so it is still a disaster? What has Nix done to be so "solid"? He drafted Spiller in 3 years?