Tarvaris Jackson re-signs with Bills

scurdog1

We're also fairly proficient in Pissing, moaning, teeth-gnashing, hair-pulling, Bar-drumming, face-palming, bellowing, and double-eye-gouging. -And that, by the way, is when we're SOBER. Being a Bills fan is painful, self-defeating, and masochistic. Still, we prefer it to rooting for the Fins, Jets, or Patsies. Why?

Because this team was AWESOME once. Those of us who remember will never forget.

A small-market team that was the bain of all the big-market posers.

Heluva road back, but I'm riding it 'until they leave b-lo, or stick me in the dirt. Not before.

So thats what the meaning of a fan is. take note folks.

Go Bills !

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're also fairly proficient in Pissing, moaning, teeth-gnashing, hair-pulling, Bar-drumming, face-palming, bellowing, and double-eye-gouging. -And that, by the way, is when we're SOBER. Being a Bills fan is painful, self-defeating, and masochistic. Still, we prefer it to rooting for the Fins, Jets, or Patsies. Why?

Heluva road back, but I'm riding it 'until they leave b-lo, or stick me in the dirt. Not budging before.

Post of the month right there. Dayum, couldn't say it better on my best day.

Thanx,

jb

Heluva road back, but I'm riding it 'until they leave b-lo, or stick me in the dirt. Not budging before.

My buddy and I just bought two more seasons Friday. Up to 8 now.

PTR

You might want to look again. SEA didn't have a single WR that belongs in the NFL in 2011 (maybe Rice, but he was hurt half the year). There's no Stevie Johnson on that team. I think you got the point, but maybe just think a bit too highly of Doug Baldwin.

Look at what? I don't consider SJ a great WR, yes he is good but nothing spectacular, average seems to describe him well, and has a bad habit of dropping key passes. Other than him the WR corps for each team are meh! Both teams suck, again, your point makes nadda.

Edited by billsbum

I dont think he has the CPU speed to read and react to defensive schemes. Other than that a fine QB specimen physically. I'm about 6 beers deep so go easy on me. Thanx.

jb

I agree. He is not known for intelligent decision making and he didn't fare well on the wonderlic coming out. I think he had like half of Fitz' score. But Fitz has half of his arm.

Both teams suck, again, your point makes nadda.

Ultimately the point is that Fitz's stats are wildly inflated by playing against 2nd string defenses in games that were blowouts. Throwing 2 yard screens to CJ and watching him run 60+ yds for TDs doesn't hurt either. If you still don't get that then I don't know what to tell you.

I got on you due to your conspiracy theory on the quarterback situation but this here is a righteous post!

Ultimately the point is that Fitz's stats are wildly inflated by playing against 2nd string defenses in games that were blowouts. Throwing 2 yard screens to CJ and watching him run 60+ yds for TDs doesn't hurt either. If you still don't get that then I don't know what to tell you.

No they weren't

Oh, I get it perfectly fine wise guy, I just think you are wrong. I don't believe in "garbage time stats", it's a bunch of bunk to fit your argument.

Define garbage time? Because a team is losing they are just supposed to give up and not try? Or because a team is winning they don't try either? garbage time stats is crap. Garbage time to me is 1:10 to go in the 4th quarter and the score is 41-3 and the loser team gets an oh by the way TD to make the score 41-10. That's garbage time, not like you seem to think, where the score is 35-20 with 10:00 to go in the 3rd quarter and anything after that is "garbage time". No!

Not sticking up for Fitz, but please, take your garbage time stats and shove em.

Edited by billsbum

No they weren't

Oh, I get it perfectly fine wise guy, I just think you are wrong. I don't believe in "garbage time stats", it's a bunch of bunk to fit your argument.

Define garbage time? Because a team is losing they are just supposed to give up and not try? Or because a team is winning they don't try either? garbage time stats is crap. Garbage time to me is 1:10 to go in the 4th quarter and the score is 41-3 and the loser team gets an oh by the way TD to make the score 41-10. That's garbage time, not like you seem to think, where the score is 35-20 with 10:00 to go in the 3rd quarter and anything after that is "garbage time". No!

Not sticking up for Fitz, but please, take your garbage time stats and shove em.

From not too long ago:

2012 Week 1: New York Jets 41 Buffalo Bills 7 with 9:38 left to play in 3rd quarter.

Ryan Fitzpatrick 8/15 for 75 yards 0 TD and 3 INT

The Jets start swapping in 2nd stringers and basically stop blitzing (a Wannestedt defense with their 2nd unit). At this point almost half of Fitz's completions are to the other team, and he's thrown a pick-6. The game is over, the fans stop watching, and the Jets' players are laughing and lounging on the sidelines.

But here comes Fitz to the rescue - watch how he carves up a preseason defense!

Ryan Fitzpatrick 18/32 for 195 yards 3TDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garbage time is when the other team stops caring, starts pulling starters to shield them from injury and/or stops blitzing. Pete Carroll actually apologized to us for running a fake punt with 12 minutes left in a game. Why? Because it was garbage time. If you watched Fitz over the past 2 seasons, you've seen a lot of garbage time, assuming you didn't start mowing your lawn at halftime.

Look, it's obvious you are a Fitz supporter, and I'm not going to change your mind about him. I've seen enough of him for 10 lifetimes, so let's just agree to disagree.

The more I think about this move the less I like it. I just don't see the upside here. We've already got a veteran journeyman QB on the roster, why add another? The QB carousel never works. Paying a guy $4.5 mil to leverage the other guy to restructure is a self-defeating strategy. This forecloses the opportunity of improving the position outside the draft, and if you're going to address it in the draft why pay so much for a 2nd b/u?

TJax reportedly signed a one-year, $4.5 million contract.

I haven't seen any report of the signing bonus and of course that might give some clues as to figuring out what's going on at One Bills Drive.

If the bonus is relatively small, he could easily be cut and it would seem to make Fitz the favorite to stay on as stop-gap starter/eventual backup.

If Jackson's signing bonus is large, it might put him on more equal footing with Fitz.

Just thinking out loud here.

From not too long ago:

2012 Week 1: New York Jets 41 Buffalo Bills 7 with 9:38 left to play in 3rd quarter.

Ryan Fitzpatrick 8/15 for 75 yards 0 TD and 3 INT

The Jets start swapping in 2nd stringers and basically stop blitzing (a Wannestedt defense with their 2nd unit). At this point almost half of Fitz's completions are to the other team, and he's thrown a pick-6. The game is over, the fans stop watching, and the Jets' players are laughing and lounging on the sidelines.

But here comes Fitz to the rescue - watch how he carves up a preseason defense!

Ryan Fitzpatrick 18/32 for 195 yards 3TDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garbage time is when the other team stops caring, starts pulling starters to shield them from injury and/or stops blitzing. Pete Carroll actually apologized to us for running a fake punt with 12 minutes left in a game. Why? Because it was garbage time. If you watched Fitz over the past 2 seasons, you've seen a lot of garbage time, assuming you didn't start mowing your lawn at halftime.

Look, it's obvious you are a Fitz supporter, and I'm not going to change your mind about him. I've seen enough of him for 10 lifetimes, so let's just agree to disagree.

Now that GTS example, I agree with.

Fitz supporters (unbelievably, there are still a few emerging from the woods) are quick to point out he threw for 3400 yards and 24 TDs. Since we're grandizing about stats, lets look a bit closer at those stats. Fitz threw 13 of those TDs in games decided by 15 or more points. He also threw 15 in the first 8 games, with 12 of them coming in our first 4 games. That means he threw for 12 TDs in our last 12 games, which is absolutely unacceptable. Eight of those TDs came in the aforementioned garbage time and vs KC and Cleveland.

In the 4th quarter of games decided by 7 or fewer points, Fitz threw 1 TD and 4 INTs, with a QBR of 55. Every time this guy has the ball in the 4th quarter, an entire fan base expects the worse, which usually happens. Yet there are calls to keep this guy. Losing has clouded people's perception of what a "good" QB is that some career journeyman who beat the Pats two years ago has been ordained a QB Jesus by some.

Cut this loser now. Show that acceptance of mediocrity, for which Fitz is the poster boy, is a thing of the past.

Now that GTS example, I agree with.

Fitz supporters (unbelievably, there are still a few emerging from the woods) are quick to point out he threw for 3400 yards and 24 TDs. Since we're grandizing about stats, lets look a bit closer at those stats. Fitz threw 13 of those TDs in games decided by 15 or more points. He also threw 15 in the first 8 games, with 12 of them coming in our first 4 games. That means he threw for 12 TDs in our last 12 games, which is absolutely unacceptable. Eight of those TDs came in the aforementioned garbage time and vs KC and Cleveland.

In the 4th quarter of games decided by 7 or fewer points, Fitz threw 1 TD and 4 INTs, with a QBR of 55. Every time this guy has the ball in the 4th quarter, an entire fan base expects the worse, which usually happens. Yet there are calls to keep this guy. Losing has clouded people's perception of what a "good" QB is that some career journeyman who beat the Pats two years ago has been ordained a QB Jesus by some.

Cut this loser now. Show that acceptance of mediocrity, for which Fitz is the poster boy, is a thing of the past.

67 Turnovers in 3 years (Ints + fumbles lost)...67! How is it even possible that any Bills fan could want this guy back? B-)

67 Turnovers in 3 years (Ints + fumbles lost)...67! How is it even possible that any Bills fan could want this guy back? B-)

Exactly. I understand the "we have nobody better" argument. I don't agree, but I understand. My question is...how could it get worse?

Exactly. I understand the "we have nobody better" argument. I don't agree, but I understand. My question is...how could it get worse?

Well, if the open competition is for starter, and real (Fitz / Tjax) , then I think it already has.

jb

Edited by jaybee