David Harris to Buff?

Bash_Gash

He's the guy we should have waited and drafted instead of trading up for Poz.

This. Admittedly he has a rather nondescript name, but I still remember who David Harris is. Big athletic ILB from either Michigan or Michigan State - I forget which and too lazy to look it up!

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was all just speculation. But y'all are dumb if you don't see Incarcerated Bob as a credible source. Somehow, someway, that dude is ALWAYS breaking stories DAYS ahead of the MSM.

I believe this is a fresh batch of sweet nothingness mixed up by some anonymous pastry chef.

Harris has two years left on his contract. I suppose he could be a cap casualty as he's a pretty expensive player and the Jets are a bit tight to the cap.

Great linebacker and I'd love to see him come to Buffalo.

We also could have drafted LaMarr Woodley in that 2007 draft.

I forgot that we passed up on Woodley. Epic fail. Again. Interestingly, if Buddy picked Wilson instead of TJ Grahm last year, it probably at this point is one of the best drafts in Bills history (Gillmore, Glenn and Wilson.). But he strikes out by taking a WR a round before he is projected to be picked, instead of a QB, which if anything we needed for depth because there was no one behind Fitz at that point.

Edited by RyanC883

Didnt he have 123 tackles last year?

You've been around here long enough that you should know not to present tackle numbers as evidence of competency.

Did you think that George Wilson and Nick Barnett played well for the Bills last season?

Because they were the team's top two tacklers.

Not saying Harris is over the hill, just saying the tackle numbers mean zero.

Twitter should be a viable avenue for legit sources to use. Twitter itself isn't a source. Now how people screen their sources on twitter is a whole different story.

I seem to find out everything on twitter before it becomes available anywhere else. Once in awhile it is talk, but most of the time it is correct. The sources that are considered reliable?...........They somehow end up with the info as breaking on ESPN hours after it is on twitter. While i do not really believe anything until i see it confirmed by the Bills themselves......I just thought i would point out that a lot of people on TBD seem to despise twitter to no end. However (for the most part) I have found it full of good information. As always anywhere you go, I have also found horrible info and comments

I seem to find out everything on twitter before it becomes available anywhere else. Once in awhile it is talk, but most of the time it is correct. The sources that are considered reliable?...........They somehow end up with the info as breaking on ESPN hours after it is on twitter. While i do not really believe anything until i see it confirmed by the Bills themselves......I just thought i would point out that a lot of people on TBD seem to despise twitter to no end. However (for the most part) I have found it full of good information. As always anywhere you go, I have also found horrible info and comments

exactly. twitter is just a medium for those reporting to get their info out. the credibility comes with the person or organization reporting, not the type of media used.

I believe this is a fresh batch of sweet nothingness mixed up by some anonymous pastry chef.

Harris has two years left on his contract. I suppose he could be a cap casualty as he's a pretty expensive player and the Jets are a bit tight to the cap.

Great linebacker and I'd love to see him come to Buffalo.

We also could have drafted LaMarr Woodley in that 2007 draft.

Great line! :worthy:

I know I'll get a TON of crap for this - but I'm hoping we bring in Bart Scott.

Here are my reasons: One - he was injured last year. I know his play is declining, but when healthy, he's still not a BAD linebacker. Two - if he's not really good, why bring him in? I happen to have watched and listened to him a few times these past 2 seasons, and I've come away VERY impressed by both his intelligence, and his ability to communicate. Now, if we're installing a system he knows like the back of his hand, getting him would both 1) be a decent stop gap, 2) have a coach ON THE FIELD, not to mention a very classy mentor for a very young defense, and 3) he'd be reasonably priced until we can draft a group like San Fran has in a year or two.

That's what I think about that - I beleive we'll see Scott and Landry in Buffalo not long after F.A. starts, and I'd be very happy with those two moves.

Edited by KeisterHollow

Twitter should be a viable avenue for legit sources to use. Twitter itself isn't a source. Now how people screen their sources on twitter is a whole different story.

This is the first post on the twiter subject that is well thought out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/13/jets-cap-mess-illustrates-gap-between-players/

Albert Breer of NFL Network points out that 10 players account for $110 million under the Jets’ salary cap in 2013. Per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, three men count for $38.3 million: quarterback Mark Sanchez, receiver Santonio Holmes, and linebacker David Harris.

But with Sanchez and Holmes each having guaranteed contracts for 2013, the Jets’ overall flexibility is limited.

So was there any actual substance in this rumor, or was this just some guy who tweeted something for the hell of it because its just what he thinks with no reason to actually think it?

I would be all for David Harris, but isn't he under contract? So how would this even be something one could assume?

So was there any actual substance in this rumor, or was this just some guy who tweeted something for the hell of it because its just what he thinks with no reason to actually think it?

I would be all for David Harris, but isn't he under contract? So how would this even be something one could assume?

The scenario where it would happen is one where Harris becomes a salary cap casualty.

The scenario where it would happen is one where Harris becomes a salary cap casualty.

He can't become one.

If he's cut he counts an extra 0.5M against their cap.

13M if they keep him.....13.5M if they cut him.

Their only chance is to try and trade him......but his salary is 11M anyway, so who would trade for him.

LOL......the Jets have got themselves into a pickle. Sanchez is the same situation for them. They're stuffed! :w00t:

Edited by Dibs

He can't become one.

Their only chance is to try and trade him......but his salary is 11M anyway, so who would trade for him.

LOL......the Jets have got themselves into a pickle. Sanchez is the same situation for them. They're stuffed! :w00t:

Always good news to see bad news for Jets. Man, that Sanchez contract is going to hold that franchise down for a while too which brings a smile to my face :rolleyes:

Yeah that's what I thought about Harris, thought maybe I missed something. I think Landry has a good shot at being in Buffalo, but I was surprised to see this thread on Harris

He can't become one.

Wow.

No wonder Tannenbaum is gone.

Also, it's gonna be hard for Rex to get out of this situation with a happy ending.