Great article ranking free agents..Rotoworld

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you could sign one guy in the top ten which would it be ?

The name that comes to mind is Aqib Talib. He has had a lot of off-field issues, but he is a big, physical, #1 or #1A corner with good ball skills and signing him would be a loss for the Patriots.

Just as importantly, it is time to do things differently at OBD. Drafting a DB with your first pick every 3-4 years hasn't worked. Time to change the approach.

The key is that he needs to come at the discounted rate. This is the first year in A LONG time that there is going to be good value in free agency because there isn't enough cap room around the league to overpay guys and pretty decent depth for teams that do have money to spend. A guy with a history should in theory be getting discounted.....less money and less years. Considering the depth at CB, I think that will be the case.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

The name that comes to mind is Aqib Talib. He has had a lot of off-field issues, but he is a big, physical, #1 or #1A corner with good ball skills and signing him would be a loss for the Patriots.

Just as importantly, it is time to do things differently at OBD. Drafting a DB with your first pick every 3-4 years hasn't worked. Time to change the approach.

The key is that he needs to come at the discounted rate. This is the first year in A LONG time that there is going to be good value in free agency because there isn't enough cap room around the league to overpay guys and pretty decent depth for teams that do have money to spend. A guy with a history should in theory be getting discounted.....less money and less years. Considering the depth at CB, I think that will be the case.

Talib won't be back with the Pats. He wants huge money but they won't take the risk of paying him, despite being an excellent CB and young (he'll be 27 in 4 days).

I am just getting into roto world and it is pretty cool. Thanks for the post.

Kruger could be over inflated after SB and too expensive.

Good year to pick up some DTs in FA though. Especially a nose tackle/nose guard type .

and i am in the camp of getting a solid CB in free agency to complement Gilmore and Brooks

I am just getting into roto world and it is pretty cool. Thanks for the post.

Kruger could be over inflated after SB and too expensive.

Good year to pick up some DTs in FA though. Especially a nose tackle/nose guard type .

and i am in the camp of getting a solid CB in free agency to complement Gilmore and Brooks

I like some of the depth at TE, as well, nothing is that poor in the class. Brandon Myers is someone I'd like to learn more about.

the FA crop this year might be the best we've seen in years. After looking at all the CBs that are hitting the market, it looks like McKelvin may actually have a realistic chance of resigning with Buffalo.

All the years of bad drafting, passing on re-signing your own players and also not being able to get free agents interested in coming to Buffalo has resulted in the Bills having lots of cap room this year. I think it's important to make up some of that lost ground while the getting is good.

Kruger

Bowe

Talib

Of those in the top ten that I'd take.

I wouldn't touch Kruger. Great pass rushers cause offensive lines to rotate their coverage over to them. That doesn't happen with Kruger. He's a beneficiary of the Baltimore system.

Some team switching to a 3-4 this year is going to way overpay for him. I hope it's not us.

I wouldn't touch Kruger. Great pass rushers cause offensive lines to rotate their coverage over to them. That doesn't happen with Kruger. He's a beneficiary of the Baltimore system.

Some team switching to a 3-4 this year is going to way overpay for him. I hope it's not us.

He would be a beneficiary of Mario Williams and other players on this team. Just like Paup. He was not that great - he just had tremendous talent all around him to let him wreck the offense.