Bills contact Fitz to Restructure

justnzane

http://queencityspor...trick-contract/

I don't know how reliable this source is, but it looks like we will have Fritzy for a couple more years.

EDIT: somebody reputable is chiming in.

And now proof that any clown with a twitter act. Can

start a rumor based on dare we say a likely scenario anyway at some point.

Thanks John

Edited by justnzane

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly as one very wise and extremely handsome noggin of beef once predicted

there isnt an nfl team that would want him to start now on his current deal, but with a restructure theres probably four or five that would be very happy to have him compete for the job. theres really no reason whatsoever for it not the be the bills

and im not sure how we are defining 'very effective' here, but as a game manager he would have been fine if somehow wannys brain forgot how to coach a defense. hes probably not ever going to be much better than an '08 chad pennington, with a similar long ball deficiency that limits the offense, but that would be more than good enough on a team without a swiss cheese defense to challenge for the playoffs. holding the spot down until a young qb he is mentoring would be a great gig here in buffalo, so i too am happy to see this come to fruition

Good move if it happens. Considering the average to below average caliber of QB's in this draft class, Fitz at least gives us a lot more depth at the QB position.

If a rookie comes in and struggles at least we know Fitz is capable of coming in and winning a few games for us, which can't be said for many teams in the NFL.

Fitz is in the driver's seat. What are the Bills options if he doesn't renegotiate? They gonna let him go? Well, great. Now who is QB? They got nothing. FA qbs are bad and with no qbs on the Bills roster, they'd have to overpay for losers like Stanton, Grossman, Campbell, Quinn, or Cassel, Smith, or Orton, if they were available. And, there are at least 4 teams that draft ahead of the Bills that need a QB. So... anyone feel warm & fuzzy that the Bills end up with "their guy" @ #8?

Bills just might want to have a QB significantly better than Fitz before they they stare down the gun barrel on this one.

As I've stated previously, it ain't so much the Bills cutting ties with a player. But it seems so often the Bills do not have a good plan going forward nor do they usually fill that void with a player that is a significant upgrade... making the release of that player pointless and totally a financial decision. Exactly why they've been losers spanning two decades.

Edited by Dr. Trooth

I don't want him. Has no chance at being a credible starter. We don't have a starter and need as much legit competition for starting qb as possible. This caretaker/backup QB stuff is nonsense. He doesn't even know the new system and has nothing to offer a young QB.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I don't want him. Has no chance at being a credible starter. We don't have a starter and need as much legit competition for starting qb as possible. This caretaker/backup QB stuff is nonsense. He doesn't even know the new system and has nothing to offer a young QB.

Ur hatred is foolish. Have you bothered to look at backup QB's around the league? I think fitz has a lot to offer

Ur hatred is foolish. Have you bothered to look at backup QB's around the league? I think fitz has a lot to offer

Nothing to do with some innate hatred for rf. Stop framing it that way. I'm only saying what I believe is best for the team. We can have a discussion on that and share opposing views, but lose the hater garbage

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Fitz is in the driver's seat. What are the Bills options if he doesn't renegotiate? They gonna let him go? Well, great. Now who is QB? They got nothing. FA qbs are bad and with no qbs on the Bills roster, they'd have to overpay for losers like Stanton, Grossman, Campbell, Quinn, or Cassel, Smith, or Orton, if they were available. And, there are at least 4 teams that draft ahead of the Bills that need a QB. So... anyone feel warm & fuzzy that the Bills end up with "their guy" @ #8?

Bills just might want to have a QB significantly better than Fitz before they they stare down the gun barrel on this one.

As I've stated previously, it ain't so much the Bills cutting ties with a player. But it seems so often the Bills do not have a good plan going forward nor do they usually fill that void with a player that is a significant upgrade... making the release of that player pointless and totally a financial decision. Exactly why they've been losers spanning two decades.

I disagree. The Bills have the leverage if theyve said 'restructure or get cut'. Fitz's counter is what? He's a 6-10 QB, not Joe Flacco. And even restructured Fitz will earn far more than any other team would pay him to be a backup. He wouldn't even be competing for a starting job on at least 28 of the 32 teams.

The Bills have been a loser franchise for 20 years because they don't know how to draft and because they've never found a QB. But they've mastered the art of resigning mediocre players for too much money.

Edited by KD in CT

Lol..this is probably ur worst nightmare ryan

It's fine, if he doesn't accept the restructure then they can kick him out the door. I am cool with him as backup with smaller money FWIW. He can perform in limited duty, just not a full 16 game season. Top tier backup is fine with me.