Bills contact Fitz to Restructure

justnzane

And Stevie Johnson doesn't get mention among our WRs but Ruvell Martin does. No agenda here!

Haha!!! You noticed that too huh? :lol:

Incredible the lengths some will go in their roundabout way to defend the turd we have starting at QB...The real irony is if they just used the eyes God gave them, and some REAL basic common sense, they would come to the same conclusion the vast majority of Bills fans have come to...He's not good enough...Never was, never will be...Period...End of story... B-)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!!! You noticed that too huh? :lol:

Incredible the lengths some will go in their roundabout way to defend the turd we have starting at QB...The real irony is if they just used the eyes God gave them, and some REAL basic common sense, they would come to the same conclusion the vast majority of Bills fans have come to...He's not good enough...Never was, never will be...Period...End of story... B-)

Guys, i have no agenda. I've said before if we can upgrade at QB, then we should. However, i'm not giong to say that ANYONE not name Fitzpatrick would be an upgrade.

All nonsense aside about Fitzpatrick, you sit there and look at our offense, we have a bunch of overachievers but not much in terms of elite talent. Stevie Johnson is an overachiever - he doesn't have break away speed, he's not extremely physical, he doesn't have great hands, but he's solid. He's not a game-changer. Fitzpatrick is another overachiever. Freddy is another overachiever.

When CJ Spiller was not on the field, which up until this year was quite often b/c our coaching staff failed to realize that if you draft a player at 9 you should start him, we do not have a single 1st round pick at any of the skill positions on the field on the offensive side. Actually, i couuld be wrong, but we don't have a single 1st or 2nd round pick at skill positions (QB/RB/WR/TE) on the field when CJ has been standing on the sidelines.

I challenge any of you to find me another NFL team that does not have a single 1st or 2nd round pick on the field at QB, WR, TE or RB. The closest one I can think of is the Patriots who don't have any 1st rounders at any of those positions but have had Gronk who was taken in the 2nd.

We seriously need to begin to address the offensive side this offseason - including QB. We've completely ignored it the last 3 years, and that can't be argued. At the end of the day you cann only do so much on offense with overachievers and undrafted FA's.

Edited by bobobonators

You're right, Fitz didn't have the leader in YPC, A #1 WR that he couldn't connect with at long range despite his getting open, probably the best #2 back in the league, and a top-ten offensive line according to many independent ratings. :rolleyes: If Fitz had Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis, he would magically have been able to hit them in the numbers instead of missing them by 5 yards.

Also, I see little about what defense has to do with it. The defense Smith benefited from in 2009 was good as well, but he didn't show results. The difference was offensive coaching and scheme.

Fabulous. " Harbaugh Coaches Bills to Super Bowl Win. Fitzpatrick Named MVP".

Actually, i couuld be wrong, but we don't have a single 1st or 2nd round pick at skill positions (QB/RB/WR/TE) on the field when CJ has been standing on the sidelines.

I challenge any of you to find me another NFL team that does not have a single 1st or 2nd round pick on the field at QB, WR, TE or RB. The closest one I can think of is the Patriots who don't have any 1st rounders at any of those positions but have had Gronk who was taken in the 2nd.

We seriously need to begin to address the offensive side this offseason - including QB. We've completely ignored it the last 3 years, and that can't be argued. At the end of the day you cann only do so much on offense with overachievers and undrafted FA's.

But the bills have a first rounder, two seconds, and a third manning the line. They have more first rounders at the skill positions than the Pats! That very example shows you that the draft pick rating doesn't tell you much in and of itself. Hell, if they picked up alex smith they would have a #1 overall pick at the premier skill position!

I agree. Have never seen a QB whose stats are so insignificant when it comes to telling the real story of how good a QB is. He has to be the worst I have ever seen when the game in on the line in the last half of the 4th quarter. They talk about getting a big game receiver, to go with Graham's speed and Johnsons fine routes, by why, when the QB can't get the ball to them anyway?

This. I have always thought it insane that people talk about our receivers yet, on many, many occassions, those same "loser" receivers were open and the QB did not get them the ball. Throw in the fact that he could not throw deep to save his life, it adds up to a sh*t sandwich. Time for a completely new menu.

But the bills have a first rounder, two seconds, and a third manning the line. They have more first rounders at the skill positions than the Pats! That very example shows you that the draft pick rating doesn't tell you much in and of itself. Hell, if they picked up alex smith they would have a #1 overall pick at the premier skill position!

Man, i was talking about the skill positions, not the O-LINE. The patriots hit the freaking MEGAMILLIONS with Brady. The pats are the exception, not the rule. And last time I checked, CJ spiller was not a starter for us up until this season, and even this season he wasn't in there half the snaps b/c he gets "winded". The last 3 years we have played the MAJORITY of our snaps with ZERO 1st rounders or 2nd rounders at any of the skill positions.

Without going overly in-depth, this season's playoff teams.

Redskins had 2 1st rounders

Packers had 3 players in first 2 rounds

Colts had 3 players in first 2 rounds

Ravens had 4 players in first 2 rounds

Bengals had 3 players in first 2 rounds

Broncos had 3 players in first 2 rounds

Texans had 1 player in first round

Vikings had 5 players in first 2 rounds

Pats had 1 player in first 2 rounds

49ers have been stated already

hawks had 4 players in first 2 rounds

Falcons had 4 players in first round alone

The only one that really stands out from that list is the Texans who "only" have A. Johnson.

Edited by bobobonators

Man, i was talking about the skill positions, not the O-LINE. The patriots hit the freaking MEGAMILLIONS with Brady. The pats are the exception, not the rule. And last time I checked, CJ spiller was not a starter for us up until this season, and even this season he wasn't in there half the snaps b/c he gets "winded". The last 3 years we have played the MAJORITY of our snaps with ZERO 1st rounders or 2nd rounders at any of the skill positions.

The only one that really stands out from that list is the Texans who only have A. Johnson.

It doesn't matter if they are all first rounders. If the QB cannot get them the ball, it is a moot point. By your logic, Arizona's QB's should have been great since they were throwing to Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd, who are both first rounders, with Fitzgerald being one of the best in the game. They were horrible. Sometimes the QB just isn't good, bobo. Such is the case with the Bills.

The only one that really stands out from that list is the Texans who "only" have A. Johnson.

You speak in terms or garbage. You love stats. They are the say all end all regarding the measurement of a player. You bring up how many 1st round picks we have starting on offense. Then you list the amount of 1st rounders each playoff team has at the skill positions....;and for those without ANY, you mention how many picks they have in the 1st two rounds. Everything you speak of is garbage. I'm starting to think your just a NYJ troll. Just watch a dam game!! Watch fritz attempt to throw a ball over 15 yards. Watch the ball land 7 yards short, 9 feet wide or 6 feet over his head. Watch the how the opposing defense rarely plays with 2 safeties playing deep. Why don't they? Why WOULD they?? They know fritz is crap and they WANT him to throw it deep. He was the 2nd worst QB completing passes over 15 yards (ponder being the worst). Why? Easy answer, he sucks. I can't believe he passes ANYONE'S eye test. I understand, he our QB and you stand by him, but splash some water on your face and snort some coffee beans. Stop with your nonsense scenarios. You're trying too hard to refute a point that has already been scientifically proven. Fritz sucks. Move on. You seem like a good guy that's just grasping at straws.

Guys, i have no agenda. I've said before if we can upgrade at QB, then we should. However, i'm not giong to say that ANYONE not name Fitzpatrick would be an upgrade.

All nonsense aside about Fitzpatrick, you sit there and look at our offense, we have a bunch of overachievers but not much in terms of elite talent. Stevie Johnson is an overachiever - he doesn't have break away speed, he's not extremely physical, he doesn't have great hands, but he's solid. He's not a game-changer. Fitzpatrick is another overachiever. Freddy is another overachiever.

When CJ Spiller was not on the field, which up until this year was quite often b/c our coaching staff failed to realize that if you draft a player at 9 you should start him, we do not have a single 1st round pick at any of the skill positions on the field on the offensive side. Actually, i couuld be wrong, but we don't have a single 1st or 2nd round pick at skill positions (QB/RB/WR/TE) on the field when CJ has been standing on the sidelines.

Again...No one is questioning that we need more talent elsewhere on Offense...At least no one I know of...But it all HAS to start with the QB position...

When the QB situation is below average there is almost no way to properly evaluate what you have on Offense around that QB...And like NewEra just wrote so bluntly, you're trying to put the cart before the horse...Use your eyes and common sense to judge the situation...Fitz is a major liability due to his skill set...Period...I'll give credit where it is due, for what he can do with his natural ability Fitz has greatly over-achieved...But his ceiling is what it is...It's LOW! He cannot challenge Defenses with his arm deep, and every Defensive Coach in the league knows it...Also, he is terrible at extending a pass-play...Something that is an absolute must in today's NFL...Fitz can take off and run every now and again alright ..But moving in, or out, of the pocket and coming up with a big pass play is completely non-existent in his game...He's just not good enough, so why bother? Move on and try to find a QB that can be 26th in the league or better in Total QB Rating...I promise you it's not going to be that hard to upgrade over Fitz...It's much harder to find a true Franchise QB...But upgrading over Fitz will be relatively easy... B-)