Doug Flutie a Possible Arizona Diamondback

Che Guevara

Well GOBILLS78, the meaning of the word possible doesn't typically need further qualifiers, but I know from many years of reading this board that sometimes the obvious is not so obvious. Tell you what, for your sake I'll change it back to its original form...

Well GOBILLS78, the meaning of the word possible doesn't typically need further qualifiers, but I know from many years of reading this board that sometimes the obvious is not so obvious. Tell you what, for your sake I'll change it back to its original form...

Haha, to clarify, I was just saving the board a click. You didn't have "possible" in your original title. I'm over it. Everything will be OK.

Good for Wakefield making some money off this, but clearly this is a lot of people piggybacking on the success of R.A. Dickey. And what Dickey's doing is really not as easy as anyone out there is making it to be, despite the lack of stress the pitch places on the arm. I predict Flutie will look like a clown trying to do this with his little man hands.

Ive faced a knuckleballer before! Its like trying to swat flies! Very tough to hit when the pitcher has it going! They also love when the wind is blowing out it makes the pitches dance more!

This will be fun to watch! Best of luck to all participants! I did hear Rob Johnson was invited but hurt himself opening the invitation....

I can see it already - Flutie makes the team, has a 10.00+ ERA, but wins a few games because the Arizona offense averages 15 runs per Flutie start. Fans think he's great, and credit him for "saving" the Diamondback franchise.

LOL! And when he isn't giving up runs he is getting bailed out by great defense. He'll consistently load the bases and then induce a clutch double play. Of course, probably not, given that the D'Bags have roughly 6 guys with DH bodies and range in an NL lineup.

Ive faced a knuckleballer before! Its like trying to swat flies! Very tough to hit when the pitcher has it going! They also love when the wind is blowing out it makes the pitches dance more!

This will be fun to watch! Best of luck to all participants! I did hear Rob Johnson was invited but hurt himself opening the invitation....

paper cuts make it hard to control the ball :D

Why the hate?

Hate is a very strong word. I'd characterize it more as, "I can't stand him." And I will tell you why. Because Flutie has always been interested in one thing - Doug Flutie. He didn't care about winning games. He cared about being the starter. And he divided a lockerroom to achieve what HE wanted for HIMSELF. He was a fake, arrogant, deceitful team cancer for his entire tenure in Buffalo and his departure made me as happy as any playoff win did.

Other than that, I'm cool with him, though.