Jim Nantz's tie...

Why does Phil Simms keep his job? I find the number of times his QB wisdom is proven wrong. Like how he praised Kaepernick's ability to thread the needle just before his INT. Or how he said the Ravens shouldn't take a safety, then gushed about how smart the decision was.

May be he understood their decision 30 seconds after he initially was against it. Why this nitpicking. I think both of them called a good game. Above it all, the game itself was so good, I don't think any of us were paying attention to the play calling.

Nantz's performance was poor but Simm was brutal. They didn't even try to explain the thought process of taking a safety for the SuperBowl audience. Those 250-300 million fans watching are not sophisticated viewers. They should have been explaining the decision was based on the lead the Ravens had, the time left in the game, and the difference between kicking out of your end-zone risking a block/TD, a punt retunr for a TD, vs a free-kick. They should have been explainging the options not just say I wouldn't do it. I told my son they would take a safety after the second down run.

I don't fault him for the indecision on the no call penalty however. I said it was a good call until I saw the fourth or firth replay and could see Smith grabbing Crabtree's jersey. I though both were fighting for position and Crabtree was pushing off the defender's head with his hand and Smith grabbed for a brief moment. Still think it was a good non-call but was less and less convinced after each subsequent replay.

They kept praising Bouldin who had some good grabs but he had three drops two of which could have been picks including a red zone drop.

How about his unwillingness to criticize the idiotic decision by John Harbaugh to run the fake FG in the 1st half? That would have been all anyone was talking about today if SF had cashed in the TD at the end of the game.

It gets old criticizing the announcers and color guys, but yesterday was one of the poorer performances by an analyst I can recall.

Also -- was anyone else just embarrassed for Tasker when they went to him live during the power outage? Steve was abominable, and I don't understand that for a guy who makes a living being on the air. He recovered a bit later, but when they first went to him it was awful.