Stevie Johnson doesn't workout in the offseason

ET1062

"The National Football League Players Association on Thursday announced results of a health and safety survey revealing that 78 percent of players polled don't trust team medical staffs. A mere 43 percent of respondents rate team training staffs as "good," according to the union study."

interesting .... not sure how it applies here, but thought id post

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The National Football League Players Association on Thursday announced results of a health and safety survey revealing that 78 percent of players polled don't trust team medical staffs. A mere 43 percent of respondents rate team training staffs as "good," according to the union study."

interesting .... not sure how it applies here, but thought id post

also interesting to note, guys like RG3 are not listening when told to stay on the side line. i wonder if players think doctors are too cautious and they want on the field(natural reaction for an athlete), or they feel like they are being forced back into games injured.

He does now:

@ChrisBrownBills

Stevie immersed in training http://wp.me/plmrg-7sT

You know you are a baller when you work out in rare $200 Jordan's. Nice!

But anyways, does this guy have any muscle on him? I remember going to training camps as a kid and seeing Andre Reed and Eric Moulds. Now those guys were jacked. I think Stevie needs to cool off on the rapping and hit the weights more

He does now:

@ChrisBrownBills

That one photo of him catching a pass while balancing on a stool is karate kid-esque.

I wish I could see what his hands are doing in the first photo where he's got slings around his legs while he's in a semi-squat.

Looks like he's doing some specialized training.

Clearly he's doing body-weight with the middle photo…pull ups.

What can you tell of his workout, BB?

This thread is proof that most people can only process half of what they hear and none of what they see. The notion that Stevie lays on the coach in the offseason should have been taken as an obvious joke. Apparently some posters have decided to be an even bigger joke with their rush to judgements.

He does now:

@ChrisBrownBills

Set thine knees to grovel!

This thread is proof that most people can only process half of what they hear and none of what they see. The notion that Stevie lays on the coach in the offseason should have been taken as an obvious joke. Apparently some posters have decided to be an even bigger joke with their rush to judgements.

Except it wasn't a joke.

I thought he was making commercials with Kate Upton. Wait. You mean he lies on a coach and makes commercials with Kate Upton? B-)

I'm surmising that he heard there's a new sheriff in town that doesn't take s#it. Maybe he's concerned that after the staff graded film on him and ran the analytics they weren't impressed.

yup im sure marrone's in a hurry to get rid of one of his top 3 players on offense! that stevie's such a clown :bag: :bag:

not much trooth in this one

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. Stevie is probably my favorite player on this team all around.

But, when you say this you shouldn't act surprised if its scrutinized: "So you know, who knows what happens if I really put in work?

"Maybe I can eclipse a thousand and go into twelve hundred, you know, maybe thirteen. Maybe I'll be even more energized to finish out games, and we'll get things done, you know? So I'm going to be working hard from next Sunday to April 1st when we go back."

No matter how much he attempts to qualify those statements, it just sounds bad. Because the obvious response to those statements by Bills fans is: "Ya Stevie, maybe you should have "really" put in work and not waited 5 seasons to realize this."

Edited by bobobonators

Football hasn't been fun for Bills fans for so long that they can't stand it when it looks like a guy is having fun playing the game.

But that's what it's supposed to be about. I appreciate that Stevie finds joy in it. And I am glad he has dialed down some of the selfish aspects of that enthusiasm.

Said it earlier in the thread, but: until the talent level around Stevie gets better, it is hard to find fault in his performance. Can he get better? Sure. But you need to cultivate success. Maybe a Parcells approach works for some people, where you can bark your way to a winning record, but I think that does not work with most of today's NFL players. You need a buy-in and a program (and leaders) you can believe in. How's about we get one at QB now?

Football hasn't been fun for Bills fans for so long that they can't stand it when it looks like a guy is having fun playing the game.

But that's what it's supposed to be about. I appreciate that Stevie finds joy in it. And I am glad he has dialed down some of the selfish aspects of that enthusiasm.

Said it earlier in the thread, but: until the talent level around Stevie gets better, it is hard to find fault in his performance. Can he get better? Sure. But you need to cultivate success. Maybe a Parcells approach works for some people, where you can bark your way to a winning record, but I think that does not work with most of today's NFL players. You need a buy-in and a program (and leaders) you can believe in. How's about we get one at QB now?

Works for those who want to be the best (see Jim Harbaugh, Coughlin).

Works for those who want to be the best (see Jim Harbaugh, Coughlin).

I don't see Harbaugh yelling at his own players. He is intense on the sideline, but rarely calls them out in public and gets sarcastic with them in the way Parcells did. And the winner of this year's Super Bowl, his brother, is more low-key.

Couglin almost got fired in 2006 for being too hard on his players and has relaxed his style some.

I think you can be intense and get people to believe in you without being a dick 24-7.

• 3 weeks later...