TE Class 2013

910BillsFan

IMO after QB and LB, Tight End is the next biggest need for the Bills. With the injury to Chandler I believe it becomes even more necessary to draft a TE in this draft. Also the trend in the NFL seems to be leaning towards teams using alot of 2 TE sets in the passing game.

I believe this is a pretty good class at TE and believe the Bills could find some value in the middle rounds. Just wanted to get others feelings on the need for the Bills to draft one of these guys and/or who specifically. Go Bills!!

Tyler Eifert 6'6" 250 Notre Dame

Zach Ertz 6'6" 249 Stanford

Gavin Escobar 6'6" 255 San Diego St

Joseph Fauria 6'6" 255 UCLA

Chris Gragg 6'3" 236 Arkansas

Travis Kelce 6'5" 249 Cincinnati

Phillip Lutzenkirchen 6'4" 255 Auburn

Ryan Otten 6'6" 245 San Jose St

Jordan Reed 6'3" 241 Florida

Dion Sims 6'5" 276 Michigan St

Vance McDonald 6'4" 260 Rice

Mychal Rivera 6'3" 237 Tennessee

Jake Stoneburner 6'3" 241 Ohio St

Levine Toilolo 6'8" 265 Stanford

Michael Williams 6'6" 269 Alabama

Good topic. I think Ertz is the highest rated, but there's been positive ink on about 6 guys. I think the 3rd round would be a good area for the Bills to pick up a TE. Prob too late for Ertz or Eifert, but maybe Fauria?? It's still early in the process, but I agree that it should be an area of priority for the Bills.

Good topic. I think Ertz is the highest rated, but there's been positive ink on about 6 guys. I think the 3rd round would be a good area for the Bills to pick up a TE. Prob too late for Ertz or Eifert, but maybe Fauria?? It's still early in the process, but I agree that it should be an area of priority for the Bills.

Everything I've read has projected Eifert and Ertz as late 1st early 2nd round picks. I'm a big fan of Travis Kelce out of Cincinnati. Willing blocker, good size, good hands, above average speed for his size. Fauria is a great red zone target as well.

I think Eifert is a bit over-rated as a pass catcher. He struggles to get open, doesn't settle into zones well, doesn't have the straight-away speed to split the seem, uses his body terribly ineffectively given his size, gets out-positioned on jump balls, has limited body control down the sideline, disappears for long stretches in games, and has trouble beating a good jam at the line of scrimmage.

I'd be far more interested in Ertz and Fauria.

I don't think we will be in play for Eifert or Ertz simply because I find it hard to believe we use #8 or #40 on a TE and they will both be off the board before round 3.

I'm higher on Eifert than you Tasker... I think he's got great hands and with more consistent qb play his production would have been much better. He was one of the only Irish players that looked as if he belonged on the field with that Bama defense. Wouldn't be surprised if Chicago or GB grab him in round 1

I would really like to see us take Michael Williams from Alabama saw him play a few times and liked what I saw

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

I would really like to see us take Michael Williams from Alabama saw him play a few times and liked what I saw

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

I liked Vance McDonald from Rice at senior bowl practices. Big body, plays tough and caught everything. On one play he caught an over the shoulder pass over the middle and then lowered his shoulder to plow over the safety and keep trucking.

Everything I've read has projected Eifert and Ertz as late 1st early 2nd round picks. I'm a big fan of Travis Kelce out of Cincinnati. Willing blocker, good size, good hands, above average speed for his size. Fauria is a great red zone target as well.

I know that Marrone knows 1st hand about how good Kelce is....he torched the Orange earlier this year. There are quite a few TEs I like this year.

This team definitely needs big pass catchers. There are too many small speedy guys(I really think this is why we can't keep them healthy). TEs don't shy away from hits. They lower there head look for someone to run into. The offense needs to impose its will instead of always trying to out run or out smart the D. You don't do that with little people.

I liked Vance McDonald from Rice at senior bowl practices. Big body, plays tough and caught everything. On one play he caught an over the shoulder pass over the middle and then lowered his shoulder to plow over the safety and keep trucking.

I was impressed with McDonald as well Senior Bowl week. Unbelievably I have yet to see a mock draft where he is even drafted! I think this draft is going to produce 4-6 longtime starters at TE and would be disappointed if the Bills didn't invest a mid-round pick on one of these guys.

Fauria would be cool opposite Chandler

Fauria is a beast!! Would love to see him in a Bills uniform. 46 catches and 12 TD's this season. Glad to see that he couldn't participate in the East/West Shrine Game (due to minor injury) because I'm hoping he stays below the radar. He will probably light it up at the combine though.

4th or later IMO. Our need for LB and Db, especially in pettines scheme needs to be priority #1 IMO.

There a lots of FA TEs that would be nice adds though.

http://www.theredzone.org/showposition.aspx?position=TE

Bennett, Cook, Davis, fasano, Keller, pope, walker and Watson are all unrestricted.

Good point... really like Cook and Walker

This team definitely needs big pass catchers. There are too many small speedy guys(I really think this is why we can't keep them healthy). TEs don't shy away from hits. They lower there head look for someone to run into. The offense needs to impose its will instead of always trying to out run or out smart the D. You don't do that with little people.

very good points. a big, physical guy that can punish db's as well as help out as a blocker is a wonderful weapon to have. not to mention, a good tight end is usually a qb's best friend. and if the bills are going to grab a rookie qb, i'd like to see a couple big targets for him to rely on.