Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

Something isn't right and I don't think it is all on the players. We struggle to get out of our own end, we struggle to keep the puck in the offensive zone.

How about Vanek though, he is fun to watch?

21 points 10 goals 11 assists

Nice win tonight, though the win masks a lot of bad play, again (Myers with another rough outing)...this team would be totally boned without Vanek... when they win, it is terrific (fun win tonight..the other team coughing it up in the final seconds for a change!), and I want to get excited..but we have the Islander and Bruins this weekend (two tough games..Islanders playing well) and then the Senators and Bruins again during the week...time to dig themselves out of the hole they have dug...great opportunity to make some headway here.

Also nice to see Ennis/Foligno line starting to play better...

Edited by Buftex

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with his linemates Ennis and Foligno heating up. Stafford and Myers should both be scratches in my opinion.

It's a numbers game, I think...though I won't pretend to understand all the ins and out of the NHL roster make-up...further complicated by the shortened season. With Stafford, I don't see a lack of effort, just a lack of success...I don't know, maybe take the "A" off his chest will inspire him a little...with Myers, I am losing confidences. From what I have been hearing, Lindy has been uncharastically quiet so far this season, trying to take a "softer, gentler" approach...it seems like Myers is following suit. He has been a defensive liabilty all season so far, and honeslty, wasn't too great last season either.

Ruff is probably at the end of line with this group. His methods just don't work with this team anymore. He has back off figuring why should i scream at them.

Is james patrick responsible for the D?

It's a numbers game, I think...though I won't pretend to understand all the ins and out of the NHL roster make-up...further complicated by the shortened season. With Stafford, I don't see a lack of effort, just a lack of success...I don't know, maybe take the "A" off his chest will inspire him a little...with Myers, I am losing confidences. From what I have been hearing, Lindy has been uncharastically quiet so far this season, trying to take a "softer, gentler" approach...it seems like Myers is following suit. He has been a defensive liabilty all season so far, and honeslty, wasn't too great last season either.

No kiddin' about Myers. I don't know if I've seen a hockey player with less grit.

Anybody watching the current stinkfest? It's tied 2-2, but they're being dominated worse than they have all season. Shots are 29-11. Finally reached the end of my rope with Ruff, I think. Took me a while but he and his roster are just no longer a good fit for some reason.

Maybe they are rounding the corner?... Polishing stinkfests into gems... Oh wait, that is the Isles they were playing... Never mind... ;-)

Wow...had to watch the game on delay...glad they won (all of the sudden only a game under .500!) but, yeah, defensively this game was bad for the Sabres...Miller was terrific...if he goes on one his tares, this season may not be lost. Lots of good creativity on the offensive end of the game (not a lot of shots though...the Sabres always get outshot...always for about as long as I can remember!)...Myers sat out the game...maybe Lindy is listening?

Anyways, a win is a win...hockey is probably as the flukiest of any team sport...would like to see more in the defensive end...bring on the Bruins! Beating them again (you realize the Sabres are the only team to have beaten them in regulation?) would be sweet..get the team back to .500, a three game winning streak, Miller finding his game...and Vanek humming right along....just happy for a win...even if it is only the Islanders. For the last few years, especially, it is "inferior" teams like the Islanders, Capitals, Panthers, etc that give the Sabres fits.

As it stands right now, Sabres tied with Philly and Winnipeg for the last playoff spot in the East...all three teams at 5-6-1.

The Islanders have a solid squad this year actually.

They are unquestionably better than they have been, but I think, coming in to tonights' game, they sport the same record that the Sabres had at 4-6-1. They are a fast team...

Edited by Buftex

Wow...had to watch the game on delay...glad they won (all of the sudden only a game under .500!) but, yeah, defensively this game was bad for the Sabres...Miller was terrific...if he goes on one his tares, this season may not be lost. Lots of good creativity on the offensive end of the game (not a lot of shots though...the Sabres always get outshot...always for about as long as I can remember!)...Myers sat out the game...maybe Lindy is listening?

Anyways, a win is a win...hockey is probably as the flukiest of any team sport...would like to see more in the defensive end...bring on the Bruins! Beating them again (you realize the Sabres are the only team to have beaten them in regulation?) would be sweet..get the team back to .500, a three game winning streak, Miller finding his game...and Vanek humming right along....just happy for a win...even if it is only the Islanders. For the last few years, especially, it is "inferior" teams like the Islanders, Capitals, Panthers, etc that give the Sabres fits.

As it stands right now, Sabres tied with Philly and Winnipeg for the last playoff spot in the East...all three teams at 5-6-1.

Will the Bruins be able to make the trip to Buffalo? And speaking of them, what happened to Tim Thomas? It was only 2 seasons ago he won a Vezina and he made the All-Star team last season, and now he's an Islander?