Sabres suck too...

Dragonborn10

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news! I'm excited to see this kid develop.

I actually think spending an abbreviated "full season" could be a good thing for Grigorenko, especially if they make the playoffs. Who knows, he may not dress for every game, but 48 games plus (hopefully) is like one really good high level training camp. The knock on Grigorenko in the draft was that he could get a bit lazy at times...perhaps that came from boredom? Heres to hoping that elevating his level of competition on a nightly basis will elevate his game! Why wait?

2 seconds left... Crazy. I really don't know if Miller is the answer... Really, even when surrounded by talent... his head is just not in it... See Olympics.

I mean you knew TOR would bring it... They can't lose to BFLO forever... They got pick 'em up against BFLO sooner or later... At least Grigs scored... and they got a point.

2 seconds left... Crazy. I really don't know if Miller is the answer... Really, even when surrounded by talent... his head is just not in it... See Olympics.

I mean you knew TOR would bring it... They can't lose to BFLO forever... They got pick 'em up against BFLO sooner or later... At least Grigs scored... and they got a point.

Like I said, earlier in this thread, Miller has to be right near the top for giving up goals in the final seconds of periods, games and OT's... it is uncanny how often this happens. I wish I knew how to find a stat like that. It almost seems like he just closes his eyes, crosses his fingers, and hopes to god nothing bad happens...

And again, not all MIllers' fault tonight...the "system" seems to be failing the Sabres. They look terrible defensively, and can't get any consistent offensive pressure...the D-men, tonight, did a better job in the offensive zone, but they gave up way too many odd-man rushes to the Leafs.

Like I said, earlier in this thread, Miller has to be right near the top for giving up goals in the final seconds of periods, games and OT's... it is uncanny how often this happens. I wish I knew how to find a stat like that. It almost seems like he just closes his eyes, crosses his fingers, and hopes to god nothing bad happens...

And again, not all MIllers' fault tonight...the "system" seems to be failing the Sabres. They look terrible defensively, and can't get any consistent offensive pressure...the D-men, tonight, did a better job in the offensive zone, but they gave up way too many odd-man rushes to the Leafs.

I agree. Totally uncanny... Seems like it happens a lot, I thought I was being to hard on them and that they other team was getting lucky!

It is almost like they let up and get cocky that it will get to a Shoot Out... Then oops! The light is on.

This is just stupid, you realise that without him in the Olympics, the US would have been lucky to even sniff the Gold Medal game? He was the tournament MVP in those Olympics and was beat by Crosby on a shot

The guy has one bad game, and get s beat on a play where his defencemen would have probably been more useful sitting on the bench then he was on the ice, but hey, this just proves that he is not the answer. The guy is expected to bail everyone else out and carry the team like Hasek did every night, yet he lets in a soft goal (like every goalie does) and we should be looking for someone else in net.

This is just stupid, you realise that without him in the Olympics, the US would have been lucky to even sniff the Gold Medal game? He was the tournament MVP in those Olympics and was beat by Crosby on a shot

The guy has one bad game, and get s beat on a play where his defencemen would have probably been more useful sitting on the bench then he was on the ice, but hey, this just proves that he is not the answer. The guy is expected to bail everyone else out and carry the team like Hasek did every night, yet he lets in a soft goal (like every goalie does) and we should be looking for someone else in net.

I know... I know... But I am getting sick and tired of the let downs. Given just enough hope and then it is yanked away. He will have to break through some time. The benny of doubt is fading fast. It it would almost be better to be blown out and have no hope than this same old Groundhog day scenario!

Just saying... It is depressing and like Buftex said it is uncanny. The last second mental lapses are getting depressing.

I really think it is coaching. Watch, we let Lindy go and he will get snapped up in a heartbeat! And probably win ala Scottie Bowman with the Pens... Wallbash!

I just don't know if the prepare right. Another thing, I have always said Lindy sucks @ managing his goalies... BUT, I would have played it the same exact way against the Canes as he did last week.

As much as I like Lindy maybe it's time for a fresh perspective. There are rumors starting to float around that Blysma may be in trouble in Pittsburgh. I think they would be foolish to get rid of him but maybe he would be a nice fit in Buffalo.

As much as I like Lindy maybe it's time for a fresh perspective. There are rumors starting to float around that Blysma may be in trouble in Pittsburgh. I think they would be foolish to get rid of him but maybe he would be a nice fit in Buffalo.

I wonder what is more likely to happen: Pittsburgh canning Bylsma, or the Pegula/Reiger letting Ruff go. My guess is the former... but if both moves were to happen, Bylsma would be a fine replacement...and we know how T-Pegs loves the Penguins!

Lindy is so stale here it isn't funny

What is the love affair with him anyways, you would think he is the second coming of scotty b.

Actually, Scotty B was every bit as miserable as Ruff, while he was in Buffalo. His biggest contribution to Sabres culture was to run a lot of really good hockey players out of town. He was a tyrant, and didn't have near the success in Buffalo as he did in other stops in his decorated career. Lots of good regular seasons, only to be bounced early in the playoffs.

If you look at the first nine years of Lindy's tenure in Buffalo, he had a tremendous run. A finals appearence, a couple of Conference Finals, a President's trophy (fwiw), two divsion titles, six playoff appearences (5 of them going beyond the first round)... Ruff's reptuation as a great hockey coach was warrented.

But, lets' face it, this franchise is still living in the dark shadows of the Briere/Drury debacle. I think Ruff is a damn good coach....but maybe the Conference Finals appearence against the Caines was fools gold...they seem to be chasing something that isn't there any more...for one season, the NHL tried to cut down on the physical, trapping style that seemed to be permiating the game...and Ruff/Regier, to their credit, were ahead of the curve, and built a great team for the "new NHL". The Sabres were an elite team under the "new rules"

Only problem was, the "new NHL" lasted for that one season, and started, slowly to morph back in to the "old NHL". The Reiger/Ruff were busy trying to perfect what they had, to compete in the "new NHL", while the rest of the NHL was saying "!@#$ that"...the Flyers and Devils, the epitome of rough-house (goon?) hockey managed to add a swashbuckler or two to their lineups, but they never stopped the physcial play...where the Sabres came out of that lock-out ahead of the curve, they fell back behind real quick. They baught in to the whole "new, free-wheeling NHL" head first, but the rest of the league never really seemed to buy into it as much.

Losing the heart and soul of those teams (Briere, Drury, Dumont, etc) only made the slide worse..so now we have a team that (I think) has some talent, but just doesn't seem particularly great, or dominant in any facet of the game. And losing those guys left Ruff very soft (taffy-ass) roster.

Goaltending is hot and cold, defense has way too many lapses, and they can't, for the last 5 or 6 years, get a goal when they need it. If the defensemen pinch in to help on offense, it normally leads to a 2-1 breakaway the other way... they have taken steps to address the physicality issue (or lack of), maybe it will work...but with this shortened season, they just can't afford to come out losing scores of games, then, in what has become typical fashion for the team, try to dig themselves out of a huge hole they have dug for themselves. There are just bad patterns developing with this team...

I am not a Ruff hater, by any means...it has pained me (as much as anything like this could, at this point) to come to the conclusion that the team may be better off with a new voice in the room. I have no doubt Ruff would get hired by another team in a jiff....and I have no doubt he would have success. But, there has to be a reason why coaches sticking with any one team, in pro sports, as long as Ruff has, is the exception, rather than the rule. I am fine with giving Ruff this season, to see what he can do with this group...but if things end up where they appear to be heading (it is only six games!), Pegula has to give some serious consideration to making a change.