Senior Bowl Practice & Game Thread

Bangarang

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an fyi. After two years as an NFL starter, the rap on Tom Brady was he lacked accuracy and touch on deep throws. He made a virtual living dinking and dunking for the better part of three seasons.

Look at tape of Nassib from Syr games. He can throw the ball 70 yds. None of his receivers had NFL deep speed, so it aint something he's done a lot.

He has the arm, he is accurate, he has the footwork, mobility, pocket presense, competiveness, size & toughness. And, if he has 10" hands, then he's on the upper end of the curve. He benches over 400 lbs., probably making him the strongest QB in the draft. He's also from the Northeast (PA) , so he's familiar with the climate

At the next level he will master the deep throw. Whether that is in Orchard Park, KC, Jax, Philly, or some other venue will be determined 3 months and some change from today.

Did anyone else hear John Murphy tell Bulldog today on WGR that Marrone was at the SB pratices Tuesday but was now back in Buffalo meeting with his staff concerning the current roster?

Should he not be in Mobile watching practices like Sean Payton and other real NFL coaches?

If you saw the interview with Marrone on bills.com he explains why.

Payton and the other coaches, unless they are new, don't have to be doing all the things that Marrone and his coaching staff are doing back in Buffalo. They are all getting together for the first time, they are evaluating every player on the Bills roster and FAs to re-sign, they are putting together the playbook for the first time, they are getting the schedules for the practices and mini-camps and OTAs, etc down. There are endless things they have to do. The scouts and the GMs are the guys doing the college evaluations. Plus he said (or someone else said) that the first three days are the only days of importance with the practices, because they take off the pads on thu and fri and just do walkthroughs. So I think he saw 2/3 of the practices.

If you saw the interview with Marrone on bills.com he explains why.

Payton and the other coaches, unless they are new, don't have to be doing all the things that Marrone and his coaching staff are doing back in Buffalo. They are all getting together for the first time, they are evaluating every player on the Bills roster and FAs to re-sign, they are putting together the playbook for the first time, they are getting the schedules for the practices and mini-camps and OTAs, etc down. There are endless things they have to do. The scouts and the GMs are the guys doing the college evaluations. Plus he said (or someone else said) that the first three days are the only days of importance with the practices, because they take off the pads on thu and fri and just do walkthroughs. So I think he saw 2/3 of the practices.

Makes sense, I guess. Thanks.

One thing i have realized from watching these practices...........Glennon is going to get snapped in half in the NFL! Not too impressed so far. I am sure there are a lot of things i don't know about his game. However i can see for a "Big" guy he isn't very big.....and he doesn't seem to be able to move out of his own way. He may seriously want to consider adding a whole lot of muscle too that breakable basketball looking frame of his

And for god sakes......i know this doesn't apply to this topic....but could someone please let me know how to start a new topic? i have something i would like to discuss and i know from months of reading that a lotof you will have answers:) i am counting on it

One thing i have realized from watching these practices...........Glennon is going to get snapped in half in the NFL! Not too impressed so far. I am sure there are a lot of things i don't know about his game. However i can see for a "Big" guy he isn't very big.....and he doesn't seem to be able to move out of his own way. He may seriously want to consider adding a whole lot of muscle too that breakable basketball looking frame of his

Not a big Glennon fan myself he just looks average to me. If we want a big arm (the best arm) we should get Tyler Bray and a veteran QB.

(welcome to the board)

And for god sakes......i know this doesn't apply to this topic....but could someone please let me know how to start a new topic? i have something i would like to discuss and i know from months of reading that a lotof you will have answers:) i am counting on it

About a few inches down from the top of the page, on the right, you should see "Start a new topic"

Edited by Kelly the Dog

after watching the practices. i have come to like tyler wilson and ej manuel. i dont hate nassib as much, but nothing is done at game speed yet. glennon excites and scares me. i was a big landry jones supporter, but he is quickly hurting himself here this week.

yea i would say moving up on the Ryan L Billz qb want list is Wilson and Manuel.......Nassib need a little more info on this "weak arm that can make all the throws"

not interested in Glennon one bit........looks like a brittle giraffe out there. No to Landry and ???? stays on Dysert just can't tell

Right now, I would agree with your plans. NFL.com mock drafters have few if any QBs in their first round pciks. All of them are second-third round talents. Knowing the Bills, they'll go with one at #8 and he'll be another Fitzpatrick.

There's only one Fitzpatrick in this draft and his name is Mike Glennon. Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

There's only one Fitzpatrick in this draft and his name is Mike Glennon.

So wait, the guy with the strongest arm in the draft is the Fitz of the draft?

i smell a poster that's never watched Glennon...

EDIT: and for the record, I too like Wilson the best of this year's crop.

Edited by thebandit27

6 good QB prospects on the Senior Bowl rosters. Strong arms does not equal success. Ability read the defense, select the correct receiver and throw the ball in a less that 4 seconds is a more accurate measure. I will watch and see how these young men perform tomorrow. It should be a good platform for them to show off their talents. The next starting Bills QB maybe one of these 6 men. The 3 on the North squad (Dysert, Glennon and Nassib) are solid choices. There will be some interesting Defensive linemen and LBs playing (Kevin Reddick ILB and Ezekiel Ansah DE). Watching the game is not a bad way to spend the cold afternoon.

So wait, the guy with the strongest arm in the draft is the Fitz of the draft?

i smell a poster that's never watched Glennon...

EDIT: and for the record, I too like Wilson the best of this year's crop.

I've watched Glennon many times. He is Fitz in the fact that he makes terrible decisions. Both make extremely dumb throws. He looks and throws like joe Flacco in my opinion. Was only talking about how low his football I.Q. Hell, my son took me to the NC State/Tennessee game @ Atlanta Aug. 31. He bought me the tickets for finishing my rehab from a car accident. Also saw him play vs. South Alabama @ Raleigh. so you got that one wrong but I can see why based on what I posted. Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I've watched Glennon many times. He is Fitz in the fact that he makes terrible decisions. Both make extremely dumb throws. He looks and throws like joe Flacco in my opinion. Was only talking about how low his football I.Q. Hell, my son took me to the NC State/Georgia game @ Atlanta Aug. 31. He bought me the tickets for finishing my rehab from a car accident. Also saw him play vs. South Alabama @ Raleigh. so you got that one wrong but I can see why based on what I posted.

Ah....yeah I thought you were comparing their physical abilities, which couldn't be further apart.

Glennon does have a tendency to try to make throws that he shouldn't, which results in far too many picks. I feel like his deficiencies can be corrected, and I like the fact that he has what you can't teach: a cannon arm and good mechanics.

All that said, I still like Wilson...small hands be darned.