hillary bitch slaps the gop

Obama would much rather have Biden be the next president. Despite what you heard on the campaign trail, Obama feels that Clinton was not the right kind of democrat when he was in office. He is basically trying to undo many of Clinton's initiatives and is wary of Hillary moving more to the center. He knows that Biden will be the person he needs to continue on whatever progressive social justice policies that he began. But it doesn't matter, if Hillary runs, she steam rolls Biden, even though I fully expect Biden to get heavy African American support, because of the loyalty they will feel for the person who was Obama's "right hand" man.

What progressive social justice programs/policies has he started that are so leftist a Dem like Clinton would dismantle? Just curious...

Edited by SameOldBills

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama would much rather have Biden be the next president. Despite what you heard on the campaign trail, Obama feels that Clinton was not the right kind of democrat when he was in office. He is basically trying to undo many of Clinton's initiatives and is wary of Hillary moving more to the center. He knows that Biden will be the person he needs to continue on whatever progressive social justice policies that he began. But it doesn't matter, if Hillary runs, she steam rolls Biden, even though I fully expect Biden to get heavy African American support, because of the loyalty they will feel for the person who was Obama's "right hand" man.

It was one thing having the American people twice elect Obama without fully realizing how utterly incompetent he is as a leader. If we, as a country, somehow elect Joe Biden as president, then it will truly be game, set, match for anyone who opposes the takers.

His incompetence is well documented. There is no hiding from it. If we accept him as our subsequent leader, you can't get much lower than that.

it's not the public quotes that make much of a difference in regards to policy and legislation. it's the quiet, behind the scenes talk. unfortunately, that's where the really nasty stuff seems to be happening. i think the compliments were genuine however and credit was given where it was felt due. why shouldn't that be used as a presidential resume builder?

its nice, but when any compliment to the other guy is at the ready to be framed as an ad for why they are better than my own guy.... it makes me not want to reach across and be civil, yet alone positive.... thats all i was getting at. you say something nice and it comes back to bite you in the ass real quick these days.

It was one thing having the American people twice elect Obama without fully realizing how utterly incompetent he is as a leader. If we, as a country, somehow elect Joe Biden as president, then it will truly be game, set, match for anyone who opposes the takers.

His incompetence is well documented. There is no hiding from it. If we accept him as our subsequent leader, you can't get much lower than that.

5 years ago it was game set match if Obama got elected. Not much really changed. 1 year ago it was game set mach if Obama gets re-elected. He's been re-elected. Now it's going to be game set match if Biden is the person to follow Obama.

I must admit it is kind of funny to watch the conservatives constantly redraw the line in the sand.

Not to mention that just because he is taking the nation in a direction that you don't agree with does not make him incompetent.

Dick Cheney wanted to take the nation in a direction I didn't like. However, he is very competent as a leader.

Edited by Bigfatbillsfan

Yes, like, for real. I know that the current GOP method of operation regarding foreign policy is pretty much spitting on the floor every time someone you don't like walks by. That's what the past administration did and it didn't get us very far.

This is such a cartoonish, simplistic statement that one wishes that it was parody,

sadly, I know that it isn't and that many others on the left also put their faith in this misguided narrative.

Those who read and pay attention, know that this bilge certainly does not describe the service of such distinguished and serious people as Colin Powell, Condeleeza Rice, and James Baker.

but you can stick with your fairy tales......................

Edited by B-Man

5 years ago it was game set match if Obama got elected. Not much really changed. 1 year ago it was game set mach if Obama gets re-elected. He's been re-elected. Now it's going to be game set match if Biden is the person to follow Obama.

I must admit it is kind of funny to watch the conservatives constantly redraw the line in the sand.

Not to mention that just because he is taking the nation in a direction that you don't agree with does not make him incompetent.

Dick Cheney wanted to take the nation in a direction I didn't like. However, he is very competent as a leader.

Barack Obama is a lot of things, but he will NEVER be confused with a leader.

Leaders lead. They don't blame. They don't point fingers. They don't have excuses for failures. They don't remind everyone how he could have done more if it weren't for (fill in the blank with today's hyper-partisan rhetoric). They work tirelessly to eliminate objections and bring sides together and focus on the issues at hand, not petty name-calling. They don't divide...they unite, in spite of all else.

I've said it many times before, and all these years later it remains true: Barack Obama is the employee at your workplace who everyone looks at and questions why he's still employed. The master of "looking busy," they're in late, out early, and constantly explaining how the reason they missed their goals, deadlines or project milestones at work is always, always, ALWAYS because of some other person or rule or obstacle.

This is such a cartoonish, simplistic statement that one wishes that it was parody,

sadly, I know that it isn't and that many others on the left also put their faith in this misguided narrative.

Those who read and pay attention, know that this bilge certainly does not describe the service of such distinguished and serious people as Colin Powell, Condeleeza Rice, and James Baker.

but you can stick with your fairy tales......................

Take Rice out of that and I think you have a better argument. Powell was an excellent SoS and I think he could have been better had his hands not been tied by the administration's policy. I have a feeling it was his conscience and good judgment that made him bow out after 1 term.

What progressive social justice programs/policies has he started that are so leftist a Dem like Clinton would dismantle? Just curious...

Where did I say or imply that Clinton would look to dismantle Obama's social justice policies? Just curious...

Yes, like, for real. I know that the current GOP method of operation regarding foreign policy is pretty much spitting on the floor every time someone you don't like walks by. That's what the past administration did and it didn't get us very far.

Considering that the true effects of foreign policies don't play out until after the administration is gone, what has Team Obama done to help USA's standing in the globe? I now that there's a current that believes USA's role should be of an disinterested observer. Unfortunately as the global superpower that commands >20% of the economic output, USA can't afford to sit on the sidelines and wait for events to shape out. If you think it's ok for Bernanke to keep the printing presses going, you need to continue exerting USA's global power and military strength.

Where did I say or imply that Clinton would look to dismantle Obama's social justice policies? Just curious...

i think he was referring to your statement about concern by obama that hillary would "move more towards the center". on what issues do you think she'd move more right? i really can't see her doing it on any of his initiatives, least not health care.

Barack Obama is a lot of things, but he will NEVER be confused with a leader.

Leaders lead. They don't blame. They don't point fingers. They don't have excuses for failures. They don't remind everyone how he could have done more if it weren't for (fill in the blank with today's hyper-partisan rhetoric). They work tirelessly to eliminate objections and bring sides together and focus on the issues at hand, not petty name-calling. They don't divide...they unite, in spite of all else.

I've said it many times before, and all these years later it remains true: Barack Obama is the employee at your workplace who everyone looks at and questions why he's still employed. The master of "looking busy," they're in late, out early, and constantly explaining how the reason they missed their goals, deadlines or project milestones at work is always, always, ALWAYS because of some other person or rule or obstacle.

Wow, I totally got tingles all over when I read that. Then a tear streamed down my face. You've just changed my life!! (caution, sarcasm included)

Look back thru some of that past administration and you find that every president has done similar things.

Leaders also point out incompetents. Leaders will make unpopular decisions based on personal principle rather than just tell everyone what they want to hear. They will point out the truth regardless of whether or not you want to hear it.

Yes, Obama blamed the financial crises on the Bush administration. However it was, in fact, the past administrations fault. (as well as many of the administrations that came before his)

If I handed you the keys to a car that was in a ditch and then said "here, it's your turn to drive" while trying to prevent you from pulling the car out of the ditch and doing all that while complaining about your lack of ability to get the car out of the ditch; I think you might say something about it.

Considering that the true effects of foreign policies don't play out until after the administration is gone, what has Team Obama done to help USA's standing in the globe? I now that there's a current that believes USA's role should be of an disinterested observer. Unfortunately as the global superpower that commands >20% of the economic output, USA can't afford to sit on the sidelines and wait for events to shape out. If you think it's ok for Bernanke to keep the printing presses going, you need to continue exerting USA's global power and military strength.

You would have a good point if I were saying that the US should be a disinterested observer. I agree that as a superpower we need to be projecting our economic and military strength. However, I believe that we should be engaging in diplomatic relations first and foremost and using the military as a last resort.

I believe Teddy Roosevelt said it best. "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

We have the worlds best military. Everyone knows that.

Wow, I totally got tingles all over when I read that. Then a tear streamed down my face. You've just changed my life!! (caution, sarcasm included)

Look back thru some of that past administration and you find that every president has done similar things.

Leaders also point out incompetents. Leaders will make unpopular decisions based on personal principle rather than just tell everyone what they want to hear. They will point out the truth regardless of whether or not you want to hear it.

Yes, Obama blamed the financial crises on the Bush administration. However it was, in fact, the past administrations fault. (as well as many of the administrations that came before his)

If I handed you the keys to a car that was in a ditch and then said "here, it's your turn to drive" while trying to prevent you from pulling the car out of the ditch and doing all that while complaining about your lack of ability to get the car out of the ditch; I think you might say something about it.

Yeah, but if you show up and proclaim that you can get the car out of the ditch and it will run better than before, all the while you're standing on the side of the road yelling at the tow truck driver for taking too long to get the car out of the ditch, while you're taking the keys out of the tow truck and throwing them into the ditch and commanding the tow truck driver to find the keys, while still blaming the old driver for driving the car into the ditch 5 years ago...

You would have a good point if I were saying that the US should be a disinterested observer. I agree that as a superpower we need to be projecting our economic and military strength. However, I believe that we should be engaging in diplomatic relations first and foremost and using the military as a last resort.

I believe Teddy Roosevelt said it best. "Speak softly and carry a big stick".

We have the worlds best military. Everyone knows that.

Do you find anything ironic in using Teddy as an example of soft military action?

Wow, a new liberal trifecta in one post: "Everyone does it" with a "Bush bad" reference and a full-throttle "car in the ditch" metaphor. The only thing missing is a reason why all of this hurts teachers, police and firefighters.

You can't take all the incompetence of Barack Obama and say "This is REALLY what a leader is like." Look around him. The only people who show him respect are his family, Biden and the press. Neither Reid nor Pelosi like the guy, in large part because he never reaches out to ANYONE except when people call him out on it, and then he hastily releases a WH photo of him in a room with a bunch of white men, and when that gets called out, he releases a photo of him with black women, and when that gets called out, he releases a picture of him doing something cute with his dog and the media says "Awwww, shucks," and then they go on vacation and he plays golf. Then he cuts his vacation short to address some issue to make it look like he's working again.

He calls for councils to meet on key issues (Simpson Bowles and the jobs council) and bring him their recommendations, and then he says thank you and does nothing with any of the recommendations, even when they're bi-partisan. He travels around the country blaming everyone for his failures, and then he does something cute with his wife and the media says "Awwww, shucks," and then they go on vacation and he plays golfs. Then he cuts his vacation short to address some issue to make it look like he's working again.

Rinse. Repeat.

well, yeah. that 1st page belongs on the enquirer not a serious newspaper such as the one i linked to. but hearing is believing. i'll bet the piece i heard is on the npr website. alternatively, check pbs for video of the hearings. she didn't sound like a mad woman to me, just forceful, authoritative and a bit pi$$ed off.

Thats why Bush gave tens of million of dollars in aid to Africa for AIDS research.

Yeah, but if you show up and proclaim that you can get the car out of the ditch and it will run better than before, all the while you're standing on the side of the road yelling at the tow truck driver for taking too long to get the car out of the ditch, while you're taking the keys out of the tow truck and throwing them into the ditch and commanding the tow truck driver to find the keys, while still blaming the old driver for driving the car into the ditch 5 years ago...

Do you find anything ironic in using Teddy as an example of soft military action?

I'm sure the bold part made sense in your head somewhere.

I also didn't use Teddy Roosevelt as an example of soft military action. I used a quote. See the difference?