Doug Marrone is a "ya know" guy

26TrapDraw

Listening to John Murphy's interview of Marrone down at the Senior Bowl in Mobile at BB.com. He said ya know 65 times in a 4:37 span. Thats a younger guy habit as is the word like that comes out of every high school kid the same amount. I know this is an absolutely useless post but I'm bored and the generation gap is pretty obvious between Marrone and Gailey. Here's to hoping younger is better :thumbsup:

Edited by LVBillsBackr

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to John Murphy's interview of Marrone down at the Senior Bowl in Mobile at BB.com. He said ya know 65 times in a 4:37 span. Thats a younger guy habit as is the word like that comes out of every high school kid the same amount. I know this is an absolutely useless post but I'm bored and the generation gap is pretty obvious between Marrone and Gailey. Here's to hoping younger is better :thumbsup:

I'm guilty of this when I don't intentionally prevent myself from doing it. Better and more conversationally engaging than "umm" or "like", but still not great.

I almost started a thread, during this past off-season to name your "all-time favorite" viral video...this is it for me...all these years later, it still makes me laugh.

How can this be 6 years ago?? JP Losman was our QB when this happened. The crushing weight of time passing and our inability to stall it, ya know, sucks.

Where do you watch Bills games in LV? I go to Moondoggies on Arville an DI

DUDE!! SWEET!!

This "Ya Know" epidemic is not just a younger guy thing. It's quite prevalent even among experienced and professional people. I hear it used more everyday as a meaningless filler when people don't know what to say in order to transition from one thought to the next. One of my HS aged daughters has a Public Speaking Teacher who incessantly uses the phrase in this manner. Oh the irony!!!

Speaking of "Ya Know" guys, listen to Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson talk. They both have bad cases of YaKnowitis. Be very careful it's highly contagious.

These days, President Lincoln's Gettysburg address would begin with "Ya Know, like Four Score and like seven years ago..... :rolleyes:

The overuse of like, now that seems to be a young phenomenon.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

yes this is a useless post. please find something productive to do.