Pats: Bad winners, even worse losers

The Patriots are still winning convincingly on a regular basis and continue to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in year 12 since their first Super Bowl win. The Steelers teams of the '70s fell off pretty quickly after their 4th Championship. The 49ers were pretty comparable as I said in another post, but by the time they won their 5th, Dallas had overcome them as the league's dominant franchise.

My point was about consistency over the longhaul. The Patriots have been considered the NFL's "premier" franchise over the course of the past 12 years and the standard by which other team's are judged. Cheating almost certainly played a role, I wouldn't argue that. In fact, I'd argue in favor of it being a key factor leading to their success. Regardless, they and their fanbase have devolved into whiny bitches.

They have impressively adapted and found new ways to win. I think the 49ers might be most impressive to me, personally, because they changed QBs and still won another title. If not for Favre's meteoric rise and Young's concussion issues, they might have won more.

It will be one of the most interesting developments in football to see what happens to the Pats after Brady. Hopefully, the result is complete and utter destruction and not something like Favre's transition to Rodgers.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots fans had their standard comeback last night that they use after every playoff loss:

"Oh yeah, well Tawm Brady gets ta go home and bang his supahmodel wife, so theyah."

Yeah well Giselle makes Tawm put on her panties and furry Uggs when he loses.

PTR

They have impressively adapted and found new ways to win. I think the 49ers might be most impressive to me, personally, because they changed QBs and still won another title. If not for Favre's meteoric rise and Young's concussion issues, they might have won more.

It will be one of the most interesting developments in football to see what happens to the Pats after Brady. Hopefully, the result is complete and utter destruction and not something like Favre's transition to Rodgers.

It will depend on whether they can luck into getting another good QB, since they haven't drafted a decent QB since. Although I'm willing to bet Billy retires when Tommy Boy retires or is cut, so there'll likely be that double-whammy.

It will depend on whether they can luck into getting another good QB, since they haven't drafted a decent QB since. Although I'm willing to bet Billy retires when Tommy Boy retires or is cut, so there'll likely be that double-whammy.

Could be. I liked Mallet as a prospect; it'll just remain to be seen if he gets a shot and has soaked in anything in his years out of the spotlight. I sure hope not.

I have to admit, there was a smile on my face watching Brady walk off the field moping and Belichick's interaction with Harbaugh. I can't wait until Buffalo rises once again to watch this same reaction from Brady from a Bills trouncing.

I did not see Belichick interact with Harbaugh and I've been looking for straight dope on this. Give, please?

They have always been sore losers. Nothing new. Gotta hand it to Belicheat, he keeps the reigns tighter than Lance Armstrong. He doesn't have the Spandex Mafia/peloton to unravel him. Heck, the league even helps him by destroying the evidence.

And... To the OP... I am counting... This has gotta be another "Pats* cheated thread"... The Bills still suck... LoL... ;-)

I did not see Belichick interact with Harbaugh and I've been looking for straight dope on this. Give, please?

Belichick and Harbaugh did hug it out midfield. In fact it was a pretty long hug and chat session. The camera followed BB and it looked like he was going to give up since Harbaugh was nowhere to be found but they did finally meet.

PTR

Could be. I liked Mallet as a prospect; it'll just remain to be seen if he gets a shot and has soaked in anything in his years out of the spotlight. I sure hope not.

Considering the Pats have had many blowouts this year and have put Mallett in for the last series, and mostly to hand the ball off, it's pretty safe to say he won't amount to much. Unless Billy is just leaving Tommy Boy in there to pad his stats.

The Patriots are still winning convincingly on a regular basis and continue to be legitimate Super Bowl contenders in year 12 since their first Super Bowl win. The Steelers teams of the '70s fell off pretty quickly after their 4th Championship. The 49ers were pretty comparable as I said in another post, but by the time they won their 5th, Dallas had overcome them as the league's dominant franchise.

My point was about consistency over the longhaul. The Patriots have been considered the NFL's "premier" franchise over the course of the past 12 years and the standard by which other team's are judged. Cheating almost certainly played a role, I wouldn't argue that. In fact, I'd argue in favor of it being a key factor leading to their success. Regardless, they and their fanbase have devolved into whiny bitches.

And things won't change until old Krafty pays the mortgage off on the farm... The league will see to it! God forbid, the Pats* lose and those disloyal, mouth breathing NE fans fail to show up for games @ The Razor... Krafty would be in deep doo doo.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Considering the Pats have had many blowouts this year and have put Mallett in for the last series, and mostly to hand the ball off, it's pretty safe to say he won't amount to much. Unless Billy is just leaving Tommy Boy in there to pad his stats.

The Pats don't believe in garbage time and run up the score whenever given the chance. Putting in the backup to get him some reps is not BB's M.O. I wouldn't put much stock in that aspect of this.

And things won't change until old Krafty pays the mortgage off on the farm... The league will see to it! God forbid, the Pats* lose and those disloyal, mouth breathing NE fans fail to show up for games @ The Razor... Krafty would be in deep doo doo.

The pats have sold out every home game since Kraft bought them in 94. Tha includes seasons of 6-10, 8-8, 5-11.

Ted Williams hit a home run that went about 35 rows past you...

Link - The Red Seat

Yeah, it's a gloriious shrine to baseball - no such thing as a bad Fenway experience, I think :beer:

Yup, I saw that when I was there. I also did a tour of Fenway a couple of days later - that was pretty awesome and well worth the money!