[please fix subject]

Inexcusable loss at home with a 17 point lead. Dungy couldn't get his team to the top of the mountain and Gruden came in and did with virtually the same players. If Arthur Blank is assured either Gruden or maybe Cowher will take the job I think Smith is gone. They were lucky to win last week and Dan Patrick reported that Smith was coaching for his job last week.

Inexcusable loss at home with a 17 point lead. Dungy couldn't get his team to the top of the mountain and Gruden came in and did with virtually the same players. If Arthur Blank is assured either Gruden or maybe Cowher will take the job I think Smith is gone. They were lucky to win last week and Dan Patrick reported that Smith was coaching for his job last week.

Interesting....

Did Dan Patrick "report" it, as in it was based on sourced inside information? Or was he merely giving his opinion? He's no longer a reporter so much as an editorializer these days.

I like smith but not calling timeout on 3rd or 4th on that last red zone possession was IMO inexcusable. Ryan is shaken up and looks out of it. Get him over to the sidelines to see what's going on, at least give him some time to his head back on straight. And also give your OC opportunity to come up with their best play for 3rd and 4th if needed.

Saying they needed to preserve the TOs for defense is nonsense. They were able to stop 9ers on defense and got the ball back with 7 seconds. Super long shot. And that was the best case could have happened.

Brilliant post. Would read again.

But only if you promise to slip me some of whatever you're smoking. Mike Smith is a FANTASTIC coach. If fired, I'd root for us to fire Doug Marrone and hire him. He's that good.

And I love the Marrone hire.

Edited by DStebb716

But only if you promise to slip me some of whatever you're smoking. Mike Smith is a FANTASTIC coach. If fired, I'd root for us to fire Doug Marrone and hire him. He's that good.

You can have him

On Patrick's radio show he said a member of the Falcon's organization told him. So I guess that is reporting it though he said he wasn't asking the questi

Tony Dungy was by all accounts a fantastic coach as well.... Losing a 17 pt lead and a home championship game can make an owner quite unhappy.

I'm not even arguing that Smith should be fired but I think he will.

Smith does less with more talent than any coach around. The guy gets a ton of love but it seems to me that he is becoming the weak link on a team that should've been an easy favorite to go all the way and instead struggled far more than their record showed.

Edited by NoSaint

On Patrick's radio show he said a member of the Falcon's organization told him. So I guess that is reporting it though he said he wasn't asking the questi

Tony Dungy was by all accounts a fantastic coach as well.... Losing a 17 pt lead and a home championship game can make an owner quite unhappy.

I'm not even arguing that Smith should be fired but I think he will.

Hardly--he had 7 playoff one and done's with MAnning as QB. Another King of the Regular Season HC...

I would not be suprised if Smith was fired.

The team has a lot of talent, and I do agree he is the weak link. Dimitrof and Ryan are not the issue. The cords are not the issue.

Smith has a history of making some very questionable calls late in big games.

Arthur Blank is not the kind of guy to sit back and not make a move like firing Smith. But as the OP said, he would have Cowher or Gruden type guy already locked up.

I think either one of those guys could also talk Tony G into coming back one more year.