What is your "perfect" draft scenario?

rayray808

1. Manti Te'o

2. Ryan Nassib

Completely uninformed at this point. More matching players with positional needs.

Worst nightmare. We would set the franchise back 5 years with this

Also get ready for a cb in the first 2 rounds.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up a mid level FA QB (Alex Smith, Flacco, etc), draft the best QB available in the 2nd round. Use our first pick on the best ILB available.

The argument of Flacco as a "mid-level" free agent is wrong. With his play-off record, he is in the top tier of current NFL QB's and better than any incoming rookie as of right now. That being said, I would love to get him if we could.

Worst nightmare. We would set the franchise back 5 years with this

Also get ready for a cb in the first 2 rounds.

Yet you want Landry jones in round 2? If he's our QB the next 5 years, we're in trouble.

Pass the pipe. 2 CBs in the first 2 rounds.....that would be a sign of the apocalypse. .00001% chance of that happening. I hope. :(

Pick up a mid level FA QB (Alex Smith, Flacco, etc), draft the best QB available in the 2nd round. Use our first pick on the best ILB available.

I don't see how Flacco is a mid level FA QB. He's likely to get the biggest payday of any FA this offseason. If we got flacco (which is a pipe dream), I think we should grab the best pass rushing 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. Our new scheme will allow the players to do what they do best. If we have good pass rushers, they'll be rushing the passer. Another pass rushing beast would really help our D. If the pass rusher they want is gone, grab Milliner if he's available, then grab a pass rusher in round 2. I don't see a reason to draft a QB in rd 2 in the same offseason as signing a QB to a 5-6 year deal. Especially in a weak QB class. Makes no sense to me why we would waste a chance to get a valuable contributor to a team built to win now, in order to draft a QB that's going to be on the bench for years. Maybe in round 4-7, but not round 2. If we get flacco, we need to win games now and add quality starters across the board. Not add clipboard holders to groom. Jmo

Geno #8

Tavon Austin #42

LB

LB

LB

LB

I know you're kind of joking about the LBs, but I like this very, very much. I know a lot of people would complain that Austin is smurfy, but he is really an insane playmaker, and bringing a combo with a rapport and familiarity like that would be dynamite. Sometimes you don't need size -- if you look at the running style of guys like Arian Foster or Ray Rice, or Holliday who just took two to the house for the Broncos last weekend, you can see that sneaking under the tackle can be just as effective as powering through it.

I would take this draft, except I'd try to grab one of the best available TEs and possibly a RB in there.

or Manti's girlfriend in the second instead?

We'll take her with that pick that we don't have that we traded to Seattle.

Yet you want Landry jones in round 2? If he's our QB the next 5 years, we're in trouble.

Pass the pipe. 2 CBs in the first 2 rounds.....that would be a sign of the apocalypse. .00001% chance of that happening.

I ment we will grab 1 cb in the first two rounds not 2 cb's. and yes Landry Jones has only hurt his draft stock by staying in school the past few years. The fact of the matter is he is by far the most pro ready, faced the best competition, and is the safest bet of the group. The rest of these guys in this class are first read and bail QB's. I'm not claiming Jones to be the messiah of the franchise, he is just the most pure passer of the group.

I'm ok with not taking any qb this year and betting the farm for one next year.

There is also nothing wrong with having more than one competent QB on the roster.

I ment we will grab 1 cb in the first two rounds not 2 cb's. and yes Landry Jones has only hurt his draft stock by staying in school the past few years. The fact of the matter is he is by far the most pro ready, faced the best competition, and is the safest bet of the group. The rest of these guys in this class are first read and bail QB's. I'm not claiming Jones to be the messiah of the franchise, he is just the most pure passer of the group.

There is also nothing wrong with having more than one competent QB on the roster.

I'm not as sold on Jones as you, but I agree he is one of the few that regularly surveys the field and looks beyond his primary receiver. Glennon does this as well, and I give Barkley a pass b/c the poor guy barely has time to look to his primary before he's got a defender in his face. Another thing I like about Jones is that he knows when to take something off his fastball and float the ball in where it's easy for his receivers to catch.

At the same time I don't really see a lot of fire in him; perhaps that's what people mean when they say he doesn't have "it". Of course, that's just my perception and could be dead wrong. He's not my first pick but I wouldn't be at all upset if we took him, especially if he fell all the way to the third (which he's available there in most of the mocks I've seen, but I'm not sure I'm buying it).

Oh ok. 1 CB makes sense, especially if we can trade down and get an extra 2nd somehow or acquire Alex smith, flynn or flacco (doubtful). We need another CB for sure. I think Gilmore and Brooks are the only CBs on the roster that should see the field. Rogers and Williams are garbage.

I disagree. With your assessment of Jones. I think he's a choke artist that can't get the job done. If we take him, I sure hope that I'm wrong.

I have to laugh at a few (not most) of these posts.

Remind me again...what has Mallett done in the NFL that makes him better than Fitz?

Two things. 1. Inhaled and 2. more importamtly.. exhaled

I'd switch out Ogletree with Warmack, let Levitre walk and use the money spend on the huge Levitre top guard contract on two top free agent LBs.

I believe Warmack WILL be our pick and everyone will scream (maybe justifiably so) but he will then proceed to be the best Guard in the league by week 5.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Two things. 1. Inhaled and 2. more importamtly.. exhaled

I believe Warmack WILL be our pick and everyone will scream (maybe justifiably so) but he will then proceed to be the best Guard in the league by week 5.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Warmack go in the top 5. If the Eagles decide he can improve their line more than an OT prospect like Eric Fisher (assuming Joeckel/Moore/Werner go 1-3), they might grab him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Warmack go in the top 5. If the Eagles decide he can improve their line more than an OT prospect like Eric Fisher (assuming Joeckel/Moore/Werner go 1-3), they might grab him.

you could be right. Just finished watching Bama/Georgia game on DVR. he missed one assignment. And can even zone block efficiently. Any of you who still have the Bama/ Notre Dame game recorded watch Warmack destroy those guys for 60 minutes. So, again, you may be right Not saying we should pick him but I do think he is the best player in the draft.

what is the best possible option you see happening... not total long shots, but something PRACTICAL that could actually go down where you would walk away saying, "wow, this is the best draft we have had in years"....

for me...

ROUND ONE - GENO SMITH

ROUND TWO - MATT BARKLEY

we pull that off and I will dress as Peter Pan to work the following week

Quite honestly I like the subject matter, but I thought you would have something more to offer in your response. I'm not that impressed with either of these two QB's. I watched a pathetic looking Geno Smith in his playground get outplayed by Syracuse's Nassib. It looked as if Geno Smith could ever acclimate to the cold, snow, and slippery field conditions that the game presented. I don't know his history in cold weather games, but I would imagine that it would be significant being in W.V. Anyways, one game don't make a player, but he's not on my list at least, not that that matters to buddy Nix.

Secondly, Matt Barkley was terrible all year and did not impress me at all. I don't want a QB who's performance skidded and slid all year just like his draft status will. I think this QB isn't the answer neither!

I would take a look at Arkansas QB...Can't remember his name at 3 a.m. and also Mike Glendining or something like that. Anyways, those guys are intriguing and may come in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I think that Syracuse's Nassib is a natural fit in the same type of offense that he is already accustomed to if he can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round. Familiarity may reduce the growing pains, but of course the speed of the game may limit his productivity if he plays as a rookie. I think the Bills will take a flyer on him at some point in the draft and select him. I think that the Bills will end up parting ways with all the QB's on their depth chart including Brad Smith, Fitzy, Tavaris Jackson, and Thigphen. I think drafting two QB's considering this crop is smart, but they better draft a WR within the first 3 rounds as well! They need to draft lb's, and cb's as well...and in this new offense I beleive the FB becomes a factor again, and that may be something to consider? There are still some holes to fill, but not at RB (Please!!!) I wouldn't expend picks on the DL this year, and no more than one OL if you have to? That's my take....not really player specific, but instead some parameters that I could live with.....

blows my mind that people think we can find the QB of our future in the SECOND ROUND

What round was Tom Brady selected in? As far as Rb's how about Thurmon Thomas? There are so many examples of QB's and players at other positions that were 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders and beyond that became superstars!!! So I don't see why this would blow your mind even though I am not the one that said it. There are many, many 1st round QB's that flopped too in the NFL, So I don't see an argument that drafting a QB in the First Round is indicative that a QB will be successful..hmm hmmm (j.p. lossman) I'm laughing at that one! Need more examples?? Ryan Leaf.... etc..etc..etc...etc.. What I really don't care for on here is when posters believes they are knowledgeable about football because they have a great volume of posts, yet you read there posts and they really don't add up to a hill of beans. Sorry Cape Cruisaders, Just want to respectfully call things as I see them......Don't anyone out there take that personal unless you feel that it applies to you. :D

Round 1 - Nassib

I am okay with taking a guy a little earlier than he's rated if the familiarity means we can hit the ground running next year.

Round 2 - Teo

He's either incredibly naive or a sociopath, doesn't mean he can't play football. I know he probably won't slip this far, but this being MY perfect draft scenario, the controversy drops him down to us in the second. Enough trying to win with a group of strictly "good guys." I'm willing to take a chance on some guys with some character issues at this point.

Rounds 3 - 7

Let our scouts work their magic to find us another linebacker, wideout, running back, and o-lineman with the highest ceilings they can find. This team is still injury prone and in desperate need of depth at a lot of positions.

Priority Free Agent

Get Us the Honey Badger!!!!! I might even be willing to spend a third round pick after some convincing on this kid. Corner was a huge weak point for us for a big part of the last season. I know there are huge issues here, but as with Teo, the potential upside if you can keep this kid straight might be worth the risk. If Byrd leaves, you could try to turn Williams into his replacement at Free Safety, a position some thought he might have to move to coming out of the draft anyways. Draft Mathieu, pencil him in across from Gilmore, and see how much better we are.

Quite honestly I like the subject matter, but I thought you would have something more to offer in your response. I'm not that impressed with either of these two QB's. I watched a pathetic looking Geno Smith in his playground get outplayed by Syracuse's Nassib. It looked as if Geno Smith could ever acclimate to the cold, snow, and slippery field conditions that the game presented. I don't know his history in cold weather games, but I would imagine that it would be significant being in W.V. Anyways, one game don't make a player, but he's not on my list at least, not that that matters to buddy Nix.

Secondly, Matt Barkley was terrible all year and did not impress me at all. I don't want a QB who's performance skidded and slid all year just like his draft status will. I think this QB isn't the answer neither!

I would take a look at Arkansas QB...Can't remember his name at 3 a.m. and also Mike Glendining or something like that. Anyways, those guys are intriguing and may come in the 2nd or 3rd rounds. I think that Syracuse's Nassib is a natural fit in the same type of offense that he is already accustomed to if he can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round. Familiarity may reduce the growing pains, but of course the speed of the game may limit his productivity if he plays as a rookie. I think the Bills will take a flyer on him at some point in the draft and select him. I think that the Bills will end up parting ways with all the QB's on their depth chart including Brad Smith, Fitzy, Tavaris Jackson, and Thigphen. I think drafting two QB's considering this crop is smart, but they better draft a WR within the first 3 rounds as well! They need to draft lb's, and cb's as well...and in this new offense I beleive the FB becomes a factor again, and that may be something to consider? There are still some holes to fill, but not at RB (Please!!!) I wouldn't expend picks on the DL this year, and no more than one OL if you have to? That's my take....not really player specific, but instead some parameters that I could live with.....

Umm, we're judging a player who plays in West Virginia based on one performance in the snow, and yet want a QB from Arkansas or NC State? :wacko:

And Nassib played in a dome and did not have an awesome Pinstripe Bowl, his team simply won on the strength of a great pounding running game while Nassib played capably. It's hip to sh-- on Geno, I get it, but his accuracy and the way he generally minimizes mistakes are numbers that don't lie.

Umm, we're judging a player who plays in West Virginia based on one performance in the snow, and yet want a QB from Arkansas or NC State? :wacko:

And Nassib played in a dome and did not have an awesome Pinstripe Bowl, his team simply won on the strength of a great pounding running game while Nassib played capably. It's hip to sh-- on Geno, I get it, but his accuracy and the way he generally minimizes mistakes are numbers that don't lie.

So true...

His numbers over a three year span are staggering...He completed 67.5% of 1416 passes over 3 years as a starter (71.2% completions as a Sr)...In those 3 years he threw 97 TD's to only 20 INT's...WVU was 26-13 with Smith starting from 2010-2012...I think it should also be pointed out that 3 out of the 6 losses in 2012 came with WVU scoring an average of 40 points!!!...That 7-6 record could have been 10-3 easily if the Mountaineers could play ANY Defense...

While I fully admit Geno would have gone behind Luck and RGIII, he certainly is coming into the NFL with a higher grade than Tannehill who went 8th overall...Geno Smith is CLEARLY the best QB prospect in this Draft...If he falls to the Bills at #8 I'll be dancing in the streets... B-)