Jovan Belcher Update

NoSaint

Autopsy released - at his time of death he was at .179 BAC.... which is decently drunk. means he was likely very drunk for the argument that ended in his killing his gf. The link has some info, and both autopsies (his and hers)....

http://deadspin.com/5975798/autopsy-jovan-belchers-blood+alcohol-content-was-17-when-he-killed-himself

edit: the chiefs starting linebacker that killed his gf and then himself at the chiefs facility about a month ago. you may remember the moments of silence and such, otherwise, that weekend must have been pretty confusing.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who? Someone was drunk?

jovan belcher - the chiefs player that killed his gf, then killed himself at the chiefs facility... like a month ago. pretty big nfl story. also talked about in the link.

Edited by NoSaint

Autopsy released - at his time of death he was at .179 BAC.... which is decently drunk. means he was likely very drunk for the argument that ended in his killing his gf. The link has some info, and both autopsies (his and hers)....

http://deadspin.com/5975798/autopsy-jovan-belchers-blood+alcohol-content-was-17-when-he-killed-himself

edit: the chiefs starting linebacker that killed his gf and then himself at the chiefs facility about a month ago. you may remember the moments of silence and such, otherwise, that weekend must have been pretty confusing.

I don't know what the timeline was, but he could have done his drinking after he killed her.

Chan was not his coordinator in Kansas City, just saying.

I don't know what the timeline was, but he could have done his drinking after he killed her.

My thoughts, too. You know, the FML, take the sting out of this bitter ending and a few shots of liquor. Gosh, what a terrible story.

Chan was not his coordinator in Kansas City, just saying.

My thoughts, too. You know, the FML, take the sting out of this bitter ending and a few shots of liquor. Gosh, what a terrible story.

It's possible but I think in the timeline he went fairly directly from house to facility. I don't think there was evidence of drinking in the car on the way (no mention of a bottle for instance) and I'm not sure there would be a ton of time for it to get in his system as it doesn't instantly hit your blood (although I'm going on memory of the timeline).

Coupled with known drinking the night before (and a long history of heavy drinking).... It's possible he was sober for the event but indications are its reasonable for us to think he was good and drunk at the time of the first shooting (and may explain how it got so explosive).

Edited by NoSaint

jovan belcher - the chiefs player that killed his gf, then killed himself at the chiefs facility... like a month ago. pretty big nfl story. also talked about in the link.

Yes, I remember that now. He went to the stadium, spoke with Pioli and Crennel, then offed himself. Very sad story all around.

I'm not surprised about the alcohol bit. For someone to do these types of things, they really can't be sober.

Yes, I remember that now. He went to the stadium, spoke with Pioli and Crennel, then offed himself. Very sad story all around.

I'm not surprised about the alcohol bit. For someone to do these types of things, they really can't be sober.

it was floated initially by his friends that he was a mess with booze, and painkillers.... and that he often had guns laying around the house in totally casual locations (hand guns on the kitchen table, rifles leaning on the side of the couch as two examples mentioned). terrible combo.