Tuck rule for Brady only

There were a lot of bad and inconsistent calls in this game, many going in the Ravens' favor. The refs literally took the game over at times with their penalties and on field conferences, effectively slowing the game down and taking the Bronco offense out of its rythym in the first half. However, this call was perahps the worst one of the game.

As I recall the ball began coming out as Manning was bringing the ball down, long before it got to his body and long before he put a second hand on it. That is, by definition, the Tuck rule. Essentially, as I see it, if the QBs arm is stationary or going backwards and he loses it -its a fumble. Once his arm starts going forward, its a forward pass - even if he loses it while bringing back to his body.

This was text book tuck rule. And yet, the league was once again wildly inconsistent in its interpretation of its own made up rules. The more games I watch, the less I want to watch because more and more it seems as though the refs are doing their very best to dictate a particular out come. I'm just not sure... is it being done to follow a contrived "story line" or is it to follow a contrived betting line.

If you compare Brady's tuck in the snow bowl to Manning last night, Brady clearly did not deserve it and Manning did. Why? Because Brady fumbles while being creamed by the pass rush. Manning simply lost grip as he tried to tuck the ball into his body. Pass rush had nothing to do with it. Why on earth should a qb be rewarded for getting strip sacked? It defies all logic.

never seen it called before and we wont see it (and havent in a dozen years) again...the one time rule- amazing and swept under the rug

This is actually what I was going to ask. Has this rule ever been called before or after the Brady play???

YE OLE may be right BUT, YE OLE'S gotta be careful that pumping the ball doesn't turn into Mackey Sasser Syndrome/Yips! If you know what I mean! ;-)

I agree. The game is grossly inconsistent w/the rules @ times...

I am telling you... It is all about money... Like what's new? The fans are the most fickle in NE. If the Pats* do NOT win, the fans won't come and Kraft goes belly up on that stadium... The League takes a header too!

this.

The league knows that the big market teams are the lifeblood....

When the COMISSIONER gets involved in steering M. Vick away from BUF to a big market team, everyone needs to take notice. They knew, love him or hate him, the presence of Vick stirs up interest..interest=eyeballs=ratings=$.....may as well steer that into a huge market over a smaller one.

Tuck rule is BS anyway. But as I saw it Peyton brought it down and had it in both hands before he lost it. Fumble all the way.. Correct call.

And was that different than Brady's BS call? OP is 100% correct. For Tom Brady it's the tuck rule. For everyone else it's the f**k rule.

Don't forget the NFL and CBS have much invested in Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place, which is still being paid off. They know if the Pats suck their so-called fans won't show up. There is a major financial incentive to make sure the Pats do well.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If that were all true, wouldn't the pats win the Super Bowl every year?

Favorable calls will only get you so far.

And was that different than Brady's BS call? OP is 100% correct. For Tom Brady it's the tuck rule. For everyone else it's the f**k rule.

Pretty much, yeah.

I agree 100% with you, and some will never take their heads out of the sand.

Case in point...

Don't forget the NFL and CBS have much invested in Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place, which is still being paid off. They know if the Pats suck their so-called fans won't show up. There is a major financial incentive to make sure the Pats do well.

PTR