Tebow: Soon the man without a country, so to speak.

I knew you'd get me if I brought up Jimmy Graham :doh:

i love me some jimmy graham.

honestly, i have no idea what tebows drills vs the other guys would look like. my eye test says hes a bit less agile into and out of cuts, but i dont know where in the spectrum hed fall with regards to how tightends measure up

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. A number of TBD posters have said in the past that Tebow would be an awesome NFL QB since "he just wins" . So why are people now saying that he cant succeed as a QB?

I Will stick by that until I see otherwise.

whale on it!

i love me some jimmy graham.

honestly, i have no idea what tebows drills vs the other guys would look like. my eye test says hes a bit less agile into and out of cuts, but i dont know where in the spectrum hed fall with regards to how tightends measure up

See above where I put his agility drills vs. Graham in response....not that I wouldn't want to have Graham on my team...yes sir.

Folks need to get over this Tebow s#it. No way will Tebow run down field, turn away from a safety, catch a pass and get creamed by a safety. He's used to taking contact on his own terms, when he's facing the defense. He's not a wr, te, or rb. There is no one on one match up with a DB that Tebow can win. No way could Tebow get off a LB jamming him at the line. No way can he hit a hole as quickly as even a below avg. RB. And no way he can take the pounding from a LB or DL. Tebow's only value in the NFL is the element of surprise and that has run its course. Only teams that have a qb that sucks so bad, they have no recourse but desparation. If Tebow's on your team, your team is desparate.

Tebow lovers... get over the infatuation with him as an NFL player. Its over. Let it go. No the difference between fantasy and reality.

Basketball players usually don't like to take contact or run downfield. Jimmy Graham turned out ok.

Speak the Trooooth

See above where I put his agility drills vs. Graham in response....not that I wouldn't want to have Graham on my team...yes sir.

Basketball players usually don't like to take contact or run downfield. Jimmy Graham turned out ok.

Speak the Trooooth

nifty. thanks for looking.

yea, graham is an odd one in that respect. he SEEKS the contact. worries me for his well being.

Most of the objections here are silly. The real questions are whether he can catch, would accept the role, and the price.

No circus is going to follow TE Tebow to Buffalo, he can learn to block well enough to be a receiving TE, and route running should be no problem for a former QB.

Its not a bad Idea, he has good speed & is hard to bring down,he has good hands, but blocking would be a issue but the reason I don't sign him is reporters are not going to stop the question " Is he going to play QB" its just too much of a headache for little results

Most of the objections here are silly. The real questions are whether he can catch, would accept the role, and the price.

No circus is going to follow TE Tebow to Buffalo, he can learn to block well enough to be a receiving TE, and route running should be no problem for a former QB.

I believe he can catch ok, he a QB? He handles the ball, catching shotguns snaps so its a high possibility

I wonder when he is going to eat the humble pie and realize he is not a qb in the NFL.

Only than will maybe a team take a chance on him as a FB.

As long as sports center and some UF fans keep banging the 'he just wins' drum unfortunately Tim will keep thinking it is so.

People use to always say that about Vick, till he started to lose.

I wonder when he is going to eat the humble pie and realize he is not a qb in the NFL.

Only than will maybe a team take a chance on him as a FB.

As long as sports center and some UF fans keep banging the 'he just wins' drum unfortunately Tim will keep thinking it is so.

People use to always say that about Vick, till he started to lose.

I think the Jets had the right idea (putting him in positions other than QB)...unfortunately, they brought him in AS a QB. He could succeed as a TE/FB...with the right coaching his talents could be utilized for something other than punt protection and wildcat. He runs hard and is built like a TE...Line him up and let him give it a go.

Edited by BringBackFergy

He can be brought in as an "H" back and the 3rd/emergency QB. You can have a set of wildcat type plays where you can exploit his talents. Bills used to (under Teddy Marchibroda) have a TE option. You would keep your starting QB and have Tebow take a pitch and option to run/throw. I think he can be useful on the field and is not damaged goods. The guys loves to compete but NY Jets is a placed where talented guys fall into a black hole (See Brett Favre among others).

He can be brought in as an "H" back and the 3rd/emergency QB. You can have a set of wildcat type plays where you can exploit his talents. Bills used to (under Teddy Marchibroda) have a TE option. You would keep your starting QB and have Tebow take a pitch and option to run/throw. I think he can be useful on the field and is not damaged goods. The guys loves to compete but NY Jets is a placed where talented guys fall into a black hole (See Brett Favre among others).

I agree but once again stress he is not a QB...he's a TE/FB. Good coaches are said to gameplan with their players skills in mind. Utilize their skills to their max. If he doesn't pass well...no QB for him.

I think the Jets had the right idea (putting him in positions other than QB)...unfortunately, they brought him in AS a QB. He could succeed as a TE/FB...with the right coaching his talents could be utilized for something other than punt protection and wildcat.

I do not disagree with you at all.

but it is getting to the point where his arrogance of thinking he knows better than NFL coaches and personel people is bothering me.

I am a UGA fan but i like Tebow and respect what he did in college. He needs to understand he is not the first great college qb not to be able to play pro.

He than needs to decide what he wants to do. if it is to play pro, his only option might be at a position change.

Personally i think that is the only way any team touches him. After watching what just happened in NY teams do not want that situation.

if i was him and being as christian as he is. Quit. Go do missions around the world. he has more money than any of us here will probably ever make, and his notariaty could be used for such good use. But that is his choice. his life. I wish him luck.

Just do not want him on a Bills roster. Too much headache, especially for a new coaching staff.

I think if utilized in a variety of ways Tebow can still contribute to an NFL team. He seems to be the type of guy that will learn to do anything, and learn it quickly - whether it be blocking only, playing TE, FB, etc. He wasn't a great QB at Denver but he did make some plays. The Jets had the problem of Sanchez' vagina getting bruised if it was even hinted that Tebow could supplant him. That, and the coaches' abject fear of the NY media.

Fine line between arrogancane and confidence. If Tebow was in a Seattle/San Francisco read/option spread offense, could he succeed? Herm Edwards and Skip Bayless thought so on ESPN and said all he needs is the right coach and a chance. NY was a circus conjoured up by Rex and the boys to steal the NY Giants post Super Bowl thunder.

I hear what you're all saying..."yeah, maybe he could...but not on my team...or it would be a circus in Buffalo". If it was made clear from day one that he is coming in as a TE/FB, the media dogs would have no story line...he becomes just another player. The main role he could play with a new coach, new OC and with the injury to Scott Chandler is an experienced NFL player, no injury history, well built physically, agile, smart and a guy who would love to contribute to a beatdown on the Jets next year.

Do you think it is that easy to learn to block and run routes at an NFL level? He has never played the position nor has he shown any desire to switch positions. Even if he could physically compete he would need a year ot two to learn how. There is no room on NFL rosters for a guy to learn how to play TE. If he really wanted to make the transition he woudl go to the CFL for a year. There isn't even enough time or roster spots to learn the position if he was on the practice squad. He must choose the path of back-up QB and learn to accept what he is. He is a college football legend whose sporting life is on the decline. He must now choose to enter the next phase of his life. He should come out of the closet, embrace his homosexuality, and enjoy the Miami nightlife while he can still afford it...

huh?!? I was on board with the first 2/3 of this post because it's true. Not sure the last 3 sentences are at all necessary.

He will not succeed at another position until he himself embraces the idea that he cannot play quarterback in the NFL.

By that I mean the fans and media will never leave it alone. They'll constantly clamor for him to play QB. He is the only one who can shut that down for good by coming out and saying "I am not, nor do I want to be, a quarterback in this league. But I want to be a football player. Moreover, I want to be a running back/fullback/tight end/whatever and will devote all my energies and my significant athletic ability to playing that position. Everyone who wants to see me play quarterback can go on YouTube and watch my games at Florida and with Denver, because I am not going to play quarterback ever again."

That is his only chance to succeed in the NFL at another position and keep the quarterback position from becoming a damn circus.

I guess the question I have is why?

The three things you mentioned are attributes held by many tight ends. What would the Bills have to gain by bringing him in? Before you ask "But what would they have to lose?" I'll say look at the Jets. Just an unwanted headache.