Marrone's Text to players

Not trying to be a jerk, but the original post on this thread is copying and pasting the Buffalo News' entire blog post -- that is not OK. It is not legal. Providing a link at the end does not make it OK, as there the News' work has been taken and there is no reason for readers here to click that link.

Twitter.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter.

I have to guess a little here as to what you mean... If you are reffering to retweets, that is part of the platform, meaning the tweeter is writing with the understanding that using that platform is implied consent that others can retweet one's words. In the case at hand, this is someone copying and pasting of a news website. It happens all the time, but that doesn't make it OK. Newspapers are going under everywhere, leaving their FREE websites as one of the last hopes for print journalism. Circumventing those sites really is harmful to a lot of people.

What? We have a coach that's ALREADY APOLOGIZIN' .... after one sentence?! Oh boy, are we in for it!

[sarcasm off]

Actually this is what being humble is. As opposed to most who misuse the term.

Sarcasm or not people on this board need to chill. I thought it was a well respected start.

I do miss the days though whenever any tiny communication was not picked apart by everybody and their mother. And to Sully's mother who posted, get a grip. people do click the link and check out the original if it's worthy. Otherwise a lot of people would not see the text at all.

Yes, we have all seen the new coach (and new player) hoopla before but it does not mean we can't still hope. If you have lost hope, then go follow another team.

I like what he did in Syracuse and would have been disappointed if Arizona came to town. I'm sure if he knew his text to players was going to be sent out to the media and he also cared he would have wrote a more involved thesis covering all the bases and trying to please everyone while in fact upsetting everyone. The text alone does not deserver a 5 page topic, let the man coach... as if you had any say in it.

Why is the p substituted for the o?

The word pwn most likely came about as a common typo of the word own because the "p" and "o" keys are adjacent on a standard English keyboard

It's basically b/c this generation has learned the laziness of my generation that once forgot to pull their pants up above their waist and have now neglected to learn how to type.

For those that are worried about where the info came from... LINK . If you have a problem with Wiki, take it up with them 'cause I don't want to deal with it ;o).

The fact that the text in question was obtained and published exclusively by the Buffalo News defeats your fair use claim.

It was not published "exclusively" by BN. It was first published as a text on a bunch of players' phones, and then republished by the BN. If I reprint a fact that someone else published, that does not make me the first publisher or the exclusive publisher.

I am not Sully. There are people on here who know me. In fact, Sully happens to be my least favorite writer covering the Bills. But I work in the media (not in sports, Buffalo or even New York State), and I know that stealing others' work, which is what occurred at the start of this thread, is wrong.

OK Sully "wink wink" I mean whoever u r!

The word pwn most likely came about as a common typo of the word own because the "p" and "o" keys are adjacent on a standard English keyboard

It's basically b/c this generation has learned the laziness of my generation that once forgot to pull their pants up above their waist and have now neglected to learn how to type.

For those that are worried about where the info came from... LINK . If you have a problem with Wiki, take it up with them 'cause I don't want to deal with it ;o).

Well played sir. I love how the internet separates people into groups based on what decade they graduated high school. I also think it is funny/weird when my 60+ mother text's me as if she was 16.

On another note how sad that this thread is 50 % ranting about copy a text from the news paper. Actual print will be as dead as the dodo once tablets are as common as the tv in the household.

I remember when the iPad came out people said it is just an oversized iPhone.....Ooops.

Bad prediction

Another bad prediction I remember while stuck in traffic trying to get to the Redskins preseason game this past summer. Mark Kelso, "I would rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick right now versus RGIII"......Ooops again.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm wondering though, once the typo was realized, how come it is still used in place of the correct spelling? Same reason that "z" is put on the end of lots of words now? Basically just to be different?

I've been away from TBD and TSW for a little while as work gets busier, but I've been here for nine years. It has been fun, but there are too many aholes here now. See 'ya.

These "I'm leaving the board" posts are quite ironic to me. If you want to leave, leave. No one will honestly care or notice the difference (I don't mean to sound like a dick) but coming on here and basically saying, "I'm taking my ball and going home because people disagree with me" is quite the attention grab and frankly completely unnecessary.

Plus, now you can't come back with that name even if you wanted, unless you wanted to have this post thrown back in your face.

Thank you for the explanation. I'm wondering though, once the typo was realized, how come it is still used in place of the correct spelling? Same reason that "z" is put on the end of lots of words now? Basically just to be different?

Right.

You are totally overthinking this though haha

I've been away from TBD and TSW for a little while as work gets busier, but I've been here for nine years. It has been fun, but there are too many aholes here now. See 'ya.

Don't let the door hit ya in the ! Well never mind. Go back to policing the internet!

And Peter Carrol is a year older than both of 'em!

Why do you always have to prove you're better than me?

;o) ?

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Why is the p substituted for the o?

It is leet. Read the Wiki article here for more info.

Edited by Matt in KC