OT New Buffalo Sports Radio Starts Tomorrow

BRAWNDO

I still miss Empire Sports. I want Simon and Brinson back. Sprinkle in some Art Wander and we'll truly be back! :)

If I had money I would build a sports talk station that would team a former buffalo athlete with a local sports reporter and a local radio host in every daypart. And then I'd add guest jocks and reporters depending on the season.

PTR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1270 used to be WHLD, licensed to Niagara Falls. It was all-brokered radio, meaning it was shows that people bought time on WHLD to run. Mostly religious and foreign language stuff. I can understand why this will be like a brand new radio station to most folks.

Okay coverage during the day. (see purple line) Not so good at night. (see red line)

I really believe a solid sports competitor could beat WGR, but it takes a lot of money to be "solid." Running CBS network is not going to put a dent into WGR. It's curious they are going live 12-3 instead of AM or PM drive. Maybe they feel like it would be easier to establish a beachhead being local while WGR is on network. Expect WGR to go live 12-3 soon. Sal Capaccio perhaps?

PTR

That would be a smart move, Sal is great to listen to on his Saturday Show.

If I had money I would build a sports talk station that would team a former buffalo athlete with a local sports reporter and a local radio host in every daypart. And then I'd add guest jocks and reporters depending on the season.

PTR

And perhaps a segment for the head honcho of a certain Buffalo Bills themed web site?

Edited by Hammered a Lot

And perhaps a segment for the head honcho of a certain Buffalo Bills themed web site?

Or maybe a parking lot guru?

"He'll tell you how to park a car and re-shingle a roof. Call in now with your questions. It's Hammering It Out with Hammer."

one way we transplant were able to keep up with ALL of local buffalo sports. Oh miss those days dearly and Paul McGuire show when paul had a few more than normal

One memory for me of that show was when Paul was interviewing John Butler, and had Steve Christie there also. Paul mentions it's a contract year for Christie. Johns face just gets this shocked look on it, and Christie is grinning from ear to ear, throwing his arm around John. Hilarious.

CBS Sports radio is building their own network of affiliates. Rome signed on last year with CBS and The Fan 1270 is one of those affiliates.

WGR loses Rome from 12-3 and will need new programming.

If GR has to hang their hat on Schoop, then I pity them. He is an arrogant as*. His "I am smarter than all NFL coaches nonsense with never punting on 4th down is a joke. He is annoying on every level as a self-appointed know-it-all.

If his comedy schtick was any good at all, he MIGHT be amusing...

Looking at their lineup of programs, it is hard to get too excited...Amy Lawrence, Doug Gottleib, and Scott Ferrall are just terrible...and they seem to pop up on every sports talk radio station. Don't see a lot of local Buffalo programing listed...

or any obvious way for us to tell them we would like it

This is the link to their Facebook Page, it does not appear their programming has been updated though. Perhaps send them a message this way.

http://www.facebook....?ref=ts&fref=ts

Looking at their lineup of programs, it is hard to get too excited...Amy Lawrence, Doug Gottleib, and Scott Ferrall are just terrible...and they seem to pop up on every sports talk radio station. Don't see a lot of local Buffalo programing listed...

Perhaps the return of Brad Riter and Nick Mendola to local radio is in the works?

Edited by BRAWNDO

This is the link to their Facebook Page, it does not appear their programming has been updated though. Perhaps send them a message this way.

Perhaps the return of Brad Riter and Nick Mendola to local radio is in the works?

Hopefully to GR because if their aren't other options to listen to this station, then it's pretty pointless.

Talk about retreads. How about some young kids with enthusiasm who will work cheap? Buffalo State and Brockport are full if them.