Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moderation note: please keep this thread on the topic of the Bills new head coach. Thanks for your cooperation.

Good call on the move. Wasn't sure where to place the other info since it makes the Bills choice look even better in light of the "other" news.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Honestly, just for fun, what do you think the record of Chip Kelly would have been had he taken over the Syracuse HC job the exact same way that Marrone did, keeping in mind that he wouldn't have hardly any of his own guys in year 1 after being hired on December 11, only true freshmen in year two, and the first year he would have had mostly his own guys was last year.

Personally, if he were able to get that team to 30-20 in four years would be very, very hard to believe, and he probably would be pretty close to 25-25. Sure, it's impossible to know to if you had to guess, what would you say and why? And remember, Kelly was OC for a couple years at Oregon before taking over, and they were a top 10 NCAA team before he got there as HC.

Kelly probably would've been something like 37-15. I'm that much of a believer in his system at the college level. Even in Year 1, he would've won games just by shocking opponents with his pace of play.

BUT, having said that, Kelly being a better college coach than Marrone doesn't mean he'd make a better NFL coach. In fact, I'm pretty sure Kelly would've failed. From that standpoint, and from the standpoint that I know nothing about Marrone, I'm happy that we hired Marrone instead of Kelly.

I'd rather have the coach I know nothing about than the coach I think would've failed. I apply the same logic in liking Marrone over Lovie, Horton, McCoy, Gruden, and Cowher, some of the names we've seen interviewed and/or mentioned here.

Half the board hates the pick, the other half likes or is benign to it. The half that likes the pick hates the other half that doesn't and vice versa. So it's a typical Buffalo Bills forum.

Lack of a crystal ball means we'll all have to wait and see how it all plays out. Conjecture on the part of everyone on any side of the debate.

Half the board hates the pick, the other half likes or is benign to it. The half that likes the pick hates the other half that doesn't and vice versa. So it's a typical Buffalo Bills forum.

oh thanks. So chances are he's either a fm really good pickup yet we hate him. Or he sucks but we will follow him to our doom. Sounds like any other day here at TBD

clearly schefter was correct. now, are the bills? i sue hope so but even if they are, why do they always have to look for a diamond in the rough? why can't they just pick up a high grade, certified diamond? there's only so many don beebes and andre reeds. not seeing a great change in philosophy here but i hope, as much as anyone, that he's the real deal.

clearly schefter was correct. now, are the bills? i sue hope so but even if they are, why do they always have to look for a diamond in the rough? why can't they just pick up a high grade, certified diamond? there's only so many don beebes and andre reeds. not seeing a great change in philosophy here but i hope, as much as anyone, that he's the real deal.

Who was this high grade certified diamond?

I see multiple people spreading the rumor yet I can't find one link or news source or sports show to corroborate this "fact". Please tell me someone didn't just make this up and it snowballed...

ANYONE?

Give it up dude. It's a fact. Every major sports site is reporting that Marrone is our coach.

I see multiple people spreading the rumor yet I can't find one link or news source or sports show to corroborate this "fact". Please tell me someone didn't just make this up and it snowballed...

ANYONE?

It's published in several places on the web. It's so not cool to be Illiterate and Out of Style.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz