Roster Implications

It may be a little early, but does the Marrone hiring make any significant roster changes on offense?:

-Is Fitz done for sure?

-CJ going to get 20+ a game?

-Implications for Stevie?

-Will Brad Smith find himself on the outside looking in?

-Levitre's status?

-What about guys like Ruvell Martin, Dorin Dickerson, etc.

Thoughts and feelings?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes it more likely that we resign Levitre in my opinion. Marrone has always preached that you can't live without great lineman. CJ will get his carries now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a big bruiser back. He worked with Payton in NO who really likes to have 3 guys that can carry the rock. Martin is most likely a goner. We might grab a guy like Alec Lemon in the later rounds.

It makes it more likely that we resign Levitre in my opinion. Marrone has always preached that you can't live without great lineman. CJ will get his carries now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a big bruiser back. He worked with Payton in NO who really likes to have 3 guys that can carry the rock. Martin is most likely a goner. We might grab a guy like Alec Lemon in the later rounds.

We need Levitre. I don't care what people say, pay the man.

I'm most interested in if Fitz is done and how will this effect Stevie's role in the O?

It may be a little early, but does the Marrone hiring make any significant roster changes on offense?:

-Is Fitz done for sure?

-CJ going to get 20+ a game?

-Implications for Stevie?

-Will Brad Smith find himself on the outside looking in?

-Levitre's status?

-What about guys like Ruvell Martin, Dorin Dickerson, etc.

Thoughts and feelings?

I think Fitz is done.

Spiller will definitely get touches on the ground and through the air, just as Reggie Bush did under Marrone in New Orleans.

Stevie is going to line up in many different formations, and use match ups to his advantage. Marrone will probably use him like he used Alec Lemon, and get him in the open field for yards after the catch.

Though I base this off of absolutely nothing, I just really think that Brad Smith is going to be safe and hopefully will be utilized better.

As a former lineman himself, I think Marrone will make it a priority to resign Levitre. I hope they work hard to re-sign Byrd, because he is very important to our defense. I hope they re-sign David Nelson, as well.

I think Martin, Dickerson, Choice, and other guys like that are Gailey guys, and will not be on the Bills in 2013.

CJ Spiller - Traded to Oakland for Carson Palmer and a 5th Round Pick in the 2014 Draft;

Fred Jackson - Retained but as Tashard Choice's backup;

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Starts at QB while Carson Palmer is inactive for 15 games. Brad Smith is Ryan's backup. Tyler Thigpen takes over the wildcat formation;

Stevie Johnson - Due to his previous down field blocking capabilities, is moved to TE and finishes the year with 353 yards on 115 catches

Hey - What I script above is absoltutely NO CRAZIER than the Bills choosing Doug "Phoney" Marrone over Lovie Smith

I think Fitz is done.

Spiller will definitely get touches on the ground and through the air, just as Reggie Bush did under Marrone in New Orleans.

Stevie is going to line up in many different formations, and use match ups to his advantage. Marrone will probably use him like he used Alec Lemon, and get him in the open field for yards after the catch.

Though I base this off of absolutely nothing, I just really think that Brad Smith is going to be safe and hopefully will be utilized better.

As a former lineman himself, I think Marrone will make it a priority to resign Levitre. I hope they work hard to re-sign Byrd, because he is very important to our defense. I hope they re-sign David Nelson, as well.

I think Martin, Dickerson, Choice, and other guys like that are Gailey guys, and will not be on the Bills in 2013.

Martin is on purely as STs, but gets thrown in when injuries hit. If he doesn't make it, the WR they keep in his stead will have to be as good on ST. Dickerson is an interesting player, a hybrid TE with speed. I think Marrone will give him a good look. I won't be surprised if they pick an RB in the mid or late rounds.

CJ Spiller - Traded to Oakland for Carson Palmer and a 5th Round Pick in the 2014 Draft;

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Starts at QB while Carson Palmer is inactive for 15 games. Brad Smith is Ryan's backup. Tyler Thigpen takes over the wildcat formation;

Stevie Johnson - Due to his previous down field blocking capabilities, is moved to TE and finishes the year with 353 yards on 115 catches

Hey - What I script above is absoltutely NO CRAZIER than the Bills choosing Doug "Phoney" Marrone over Lovie Smith

Congratulations pal, you did it. The dumbest possible post in the history of TBD. And they said it couldn't be done.

I think Fitz is done.

Quite reasonable scenario. Should be very interesting as the staff comes together

So much fail,so many levels in this post. Weak troll is weak.

This, your 53rd post was an epic. A tour de force.

I think you should quit while you're on top.

I think Fitz is done.

Sorry this got overlooked in the troll squashing, good insightful post dude. I agree with 99 percent of it.

Doug Marrone will work out nice. The roster fits the Saints mold pretty good. But we need some receivers that can catch.

On defense, SU liked to blitz from all over. The linebackers need to be fast and hit. Can Kelvin Sheppard slice through the line and make tackles for losses? SU was fourth in the country in tackles for loss. Is Jairus Byrd a big hitter at safety? I think he goes with a hitter rather than a cover guy.

Okay, I am not a troll....35 year Bills fan from Rochester. I was attempting to point out that as crazy as my post sounded, so was my personal feeling toward the hiring of Doug "Phoney" Marrone. Russ Brandon has been calling the shots for three years. Ralph has simply been a figure head. Russ' hands were all over the Nix hire, Gailey hire, Wandstett (sp) hire and so on. For those of us foolish enough to believe that Russ now has the freedom to make decisions and that massive change and modern day improvement are on the horizon, we are heading down the primrose path! We have wittnessed these decisions for three years, as stated above.

I hope I am wrong about Marrone! Really I do. I was married January 19, 1991 (remember that date?), I have seen it all. I have laughed, cried, celebrated a Monday night victory over Dallas a few years ago with 1:00 left in the game only to walk out of my buddy's basement in complete and utter shock. I have seen Don Smith score the first Bills touchdown in a Super Bowl. I saw Don Beebe step out of bounds and return to catch the TD that helped us in the "comback". I just believe that once again, the Bills are hoping for a "home town" shock to stimulate ticket sales, save a little money telling Marrone that in three/four years, if you have proven yourself, we can talk real contract dollars and of course, selling this bill of goods to those of us who at this point in our loyal career as Bills fans, would buy just about anything!

We could grab Brandon Jacobs, who the Niners will be getting rid of this offseason.