Doug Marrone will interview w/Bills

Punch

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills veil of secrecy is quite impressive.

No one is getting much out of them, national or local.

Which is exactly how they should operate. The media doesn't need to know a thing. And while he isn't my first choice, Marrone has been very impressive at Syracuse. It could be argued that before he got there, Cuse had a worse team than UB. He has done a great job. Personally, I'd like to see he build Cuse back into a powerhouse, but I think he has potential to be a very good NFL coach.

And if RW were to die next month, the new owner would then continue to signing the checks to CG. CG likely will get a new gig somewhere so likely the cost to the Bill's will go down, but still will pay the difference.

Here's a question so the Bill's or any team pays former coaches contract till they expire or they get a new gig, then they pay the difference between the what they were paid on their fired job and the new one. Likely a CG will come back as a position coach or maybe OC so will be likely be paid much less than he was making as the Bill's HC.

What if his new job was say working for ESPN, are former teams only off the hook for $$ only if they get a new coaching job or is any income subtracted out? What is they go back to college coaching? I wonder if teams really do even pay any of this money or do teams take out "fired coach insurance" so to speak and that's how the money is paid. Likely some high premiums on those policies, but still may save teams money and the company could make money too.

Disagree completely. A signed 5-year contract with the Bills is as guaranteed as a signed 5-year contract with anyone else. If you have doubts, ask Chan Gailey, who will continue collecting Ralph's checks for quite some time (UNTIL HIS CONTRACT EXPIRES).

According to Adam Schefter, the Bills interviewed Marrone on Wednesday, not Friday:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Syracuse’s Doug Marrone interviewed with the Bills on Wednesday night and the Browns on Thursday. Eagles, Chargers also interested.

You'd think that Chris Brown would be more accurate than Schefter with regard to Bills HC interviews.

According to Adam Schefter, the Bills interviewed Marrone on Wednesday, not Friday:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Syracuse’s Doug Marrone interviewed with the Bills on Wednesday night and the Browns on Thursday. Eagles, Chargers also interested.

@ByTimGraham

Getting tweets about reports of Marrone meeting Bills on Wednesday. Bills confirmed Friday. I have to go with that over unnamed sources.

@ByTimGraham

Getting tweets about reports of Marrone meeting Bills on Wednesday. Bills confirmed Friday. I have to go with that over unnamed sources.

Yeah, I take each "report" with a grain of salt.

Then again, according to Graham, Buddy Nix flew to Detroit to meet with Ralph about his job status, until it turned out he didn't.

Why does it matter what day they met?

Interviewing Kelly, Marrone and Lovie Smith all on Friday seems like an especially busy day considering the Browns met with Kelly for 7 hours.

It probably doesn't really matter, but it suggests the individual interviews weren't quite "exhaustive". That's possibly only perception.

Edited by Punch