Wild FA predictions...

Dragonborn10

Nice dream, but how are we going to sign Bowe without breaking the bank?

Bowe is one of many talented free agent wide receivere. Not only will this drive his price down, but coming off of IR will also affect his stock. He won'tbe cheap, but with the productivity this guy had this year, I don't see him breaking the bank unless someone is willing to overpay.

Bowe is one of many talented free agent wide receivere. Not only will this drive his price down, but coming off of IR will also affect his stock. He won'tbe cheap, but with the productivity this guy had this year, I don't see him breaking the bank unless someone is willing to overpay.

someone is always willing to overpay for talented UFAs. he wont come cheap but we arent poor either. possible, but ill chalk it up as unlikely.

I say we go after Alex Smith, and use our 2nd round pick on the top QB at the time.

Would not be opposed to that at all... Alex has an above average arm, has ability to scramble and with a strong running game which we have and another yr of continuity on the OL (assuming we re-sign Levitre who along with Byrd are MUSTS.. it would be a good start.. Alex will be 1 HUNGRY player next yr.. To be a #1 overall pick, go through all the drama he went through it SF pre Harbaugh and then post a yr like last, and get them to NFC title game then come back this yr, and lose his job to a concussion???

The real key to offseason is fixing our LB's.. Barnett is a below average starter at best who would serve better part time player. Shepp is useless, only one with chance is Nigel... the kid can play in this league, i expect a very solid yr 2 from him with a whole offseason of being in pros and going thru offseason OTA's etc.. Plays with high energy, can really hit but was too undisciplined in his assignments which led to some big plays.. he is the ONLY prospect we have at LB...

ON another note.. last night, watching the Skins vs Cowboys game, its amazing to see London Fletcher STILL out there... talk about a great career for a D2 "undersized" MLB who has been around FOREVER and stills brings it on EVERY play... We let him go YEARS ago and the guy is still playing at a high level and after last night, is in playoffs! kudos to London!