6 of the 7 Teams picking ahead of us need a QB

Virgil

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dolphins have the best qb in this past draft in your estimation. How's that working out for them?

very well I would say.

I never said Tannehill was the best I said Luck was but we didn't have a shot a him so I wanted T-hill.

Bray from Tenny is coming out. Probably better than Barkley or Glennon.

That said Wilson from Arkansas would probably be a better fit. Someone who can move, good arm strength and very accurrate.

Got a link for this?

I think Bray is the most talented QB since Marino but he needs to work on the mental side of the game and think he should stay in.

Go youtube some of their games and see if you still like Bray over Glennon.

Bray made Glenon look like a chump when they went head to head this year.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

6 of the 7 Teams picking ahead of us need a QB

1 - Chiefs (cleaning house, Cassel not the guy)

2 - Jaguars (probably cleaning house, Gabbert assumed not to be the guy, but could be)

3 - Raiders (Palmer sporatic and Raiders always make some kind of dumb move)

4 - Eagles (cleaning house, Foles not the guy)

5 - Lions (Have Stafford, we are safe here)

6 - Browns (Weeden not sold on, but they need defensive help. Chance they pass on QB)

7 - Cardinals (Trainwreck at QB. Coach staying though)

8 - Bills (Needs QB, WR, LB)

Though there is always a chance, it has never happened(last 40 years analyzed) that a team drafting a QB in the 1st round has drafted another QB in the 1st round of the following draft......the only exception being Colts 1982 & 1983 with Art Schlichter(banned for gambling issues) & John Elway.

Furthermore, only one team has selected a QB within 2 drafts of the previous 1st round selection....that being Seahawks 1991 & 1993 with Dan McGuire & Rick Mirer.

With that being the case, it would be extraordinary for the Browns to select a QB in the 1st round this year after selecting Weeden(pick 22) in last years draft or for the Jaguars to do so, having selected Gabbert(pick 10) in the 2011 draft.

I tend to think....

If one of the QB prospect's stock rises greatly the Chiefs may take a QB at the #1 position.

And...again, if stock rises the Eagles may take a QB at #4.

IMO Raiders & Cardinals likely won't select a QB.....Raiders due to Palmer.....and Cardinals due to the highly intelligent and well considered concept that they tend to stuff things up for themselves worse than the Bills do.

Jaguars, Browns & Lions will not select a QB IMO.

This means....

0 to 4 of the 7 teams picking ahead of us will likely select a QB.....which means that possibly we may get our choice at QB.

Though there is always a chance, it has never happened(last 40 years analyzed) that a team drafting a QB in the 1st round has drafted another QB in the 1st round of the following draft......the only exception being Colts 1982 & 1983 with Art Schlichter(banned for gambling issues) & John Elway.

Furthermore, only one team has selected a QB within 2 drafts of the previous 1st round selection....that being Seahawks 1991 & 1993 with Dan McGuire & Rick Mirer.

With that being the case, it would be extraordinary for the Browns to select a QB in the 1st round this year after selecting Weeden (pick 22) in last years draft or for the Jaguars to do so, having selected Gabbert (pick 10) in the 2011 draft.

I tend to think....

If one of the QB prospect's stock rises greatly the Chiefs may take a QB at the #1 position.

And...again, if stock rises the Eagles may take a QB at #4.

IMO Raiders & Cardinals likely won't select a QB.....Raiders due to Palmer.....and Cardinals due to the highly intelligent and well considered concept that they tend to stuff things up for themselves worse than the Bills do.

Jaguars, Browns & Lions will not select a QB IMO.

This means....

0 to 4 of the 7 teams picking ahead of us will likely select a QB.....which means that possibly we may get our choice at QB.

Good post.

One historical note: The Dallas Cowboys drafted Steve Walsh in the first round of the 1989 Supplemental after drafting Troy Aikman in the 1989 regular Draft.

I think the importance of QB has increased immensely over the last decade or so. So I think the likelihood of spending high draft picks on a QB in consecutive years is more likely than it's ever been.

As always it's a case by case thing but Jacksonville for instance is a team I could see drafting a quarterback in the first round in spite of the presence of Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, and possibly Tim Tebow.

Bill just fainted

That was my intent, LOL.

An early mock had the jets taking nassib one slot after Buffalo in round 2...pick 42 or close to it...

the Jets pick ahead of the Bills in Round 2 so toss that mock in the trash bin. We are tied with the Jets and Titans. We beat them both in a tiebreaker and that is why we pick ahead of them. However, in round 2, we slide to the back of those two and they each move up one slot. In round 3 we move to the middle position and in Round 4.... back to the top. Etc., Etc. Happy New Year All Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Good post.

One historical note: The Dallas Cowboys drafted Steve Walsh in the first round of the 1989 Supplemental after drafting Troy Aikman in the 1989 regular Draft.

I think the importance of QB has increased immensely over the last decade or so. So I think the likelihood of spending high draft picks on a QB in consecutive years is more likely than it's ever been.

As always it's a case by case thing but Jacksonville for instance is a team I could see drafting a quarterback in the first round in spite of the presence of Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, and possibly Tim Tebow.

Yeah....I never know what to do with the supplemental picks as they don't appear on standard draft lists. It's one of the many areas on which I don't know too much about. Are supplemental picks considered standard draft picks?

Adding to your point about the value of QB....the much lower rookie salaries for high 1st round picks would also factor towards re-selecting a QB in the 1st being more likely than ever before. The investment obviously isn't as much meaning teams would be more likely to count their losses and start again.

I tend to think the main reasons for not re-selecting a QB within a several year time span is that traditionally QBs would take several years to develop/mature on the NFL stage. It has only been in the last few years that it has been commonplace for rookie QBs to be competitive as starters. I don't know why this has been the case.....perhaps the Colleges(in general) have evolved and now operate systems which more closely resemble the NFL, thus having a greater number of QBs be "ready" when they hit the NFL. I really don't know as I don't follow any College football.

If this is the case however.....it is yet another reason to suggest that a team would give up on their 1st round QB quicker than in times past and re-select one in the 1st round in a much shorter time.

LOL....now that I've effectively argued against my original assertion to the point of defeat, I think I'll shut up. B-)

There isn't a QB worthy of drafting in the first TWO rounds.

Please stop with this.....there will be at least 3-5 qb's drafted in the first two rounds........add a IMO or something if you have a zany take like this at least

Your statement in beyond false. Genos projected #1 overall.

:thumbsup: It was strange to see Fitzpatrick throw deep on the sideline to SJ.

Oh, he often throws there, it just doesn't appear so because it's within that nine-yard "Fitz radius" of the WR.

There isn't a QB worthy of drafting in the first TWO rounds.

The draft chart is heavily weighted towards QB these days, so regardless of what you think, there will be a round higher value on a lot of these prospects. You just don't see many diamonds in the rough making it to the 4th and beyond at this point. Call it the Brady factor.