Sports Illustrated coaching change article

Superman12975

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

none of this makes sense. something called the no spin zone reporting that "it's friends" at Si are reporting that a coach is going to be fired in Buffalo even though the article it references is speculative at best.

i hope this isn't some dog chasing its tail.

it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that is based on nothing concrete. i'm not saying it might not happen, but to base any conclusions on this is questionable.

and i'm tired of folks piling on on Chan. this witch hunt has gone on long enough. let's have a little empathy here. Gailey's been swinging in the wind for far too long without any support from ownership, the CEO or Buddy Nix, who's suddenly gone silent. this topic has been beaten for far too long, with far too many people taking far too much pleasure out of it.

let's remember this is an actual person who has tried his best to turn this franchise around and to a degree failed.

i'm not saying Chan's not open to criticism but i'd hate to think no one here has never been wrong.

i'm tired of this boring, dull topic, with one dozen threads popping up at a moment's notice. good god, have some respect.

jw

and yeah, i'm in a mood to start taking people on because enough of this is enough, and i'm tired of the mob-rule mentality that some in the media have taken.

i'll remain contrarian and objective and question why this is being viewed through a 13-year prism and not a 3-year one.

the team has been dysfunctional for longer than Chan and Buddy have been here. but few seems to want to acknowledge that, and instead lay all the blame on the current regime for the troubles past.

for shame. for shame. i thought people here had better perspective.

Edited by john wawrow

Thanks for being yourself.

I just don't get when it became a big !@#$ing race to post non factual hear say bull ****. Is their a prize? Did I miss out on the TBD meeting where Scott told everyone they get a new car if they break the story first? The worst part of it all is that no accountability is needed at all. Just drive by posting with denials and back tracking about all of the supposed info.

none of this makes sense. something called the no spin zone reporting that "it's friends" at Si are reporting that a coach is going to be fired in Buffalo even though the article it references is speculative at best.

it's a self-fulfilling prophecy that is based on nothing concrete. i'm not saying it might not happen, but to base any conclusions on this is questionable.

and i'm tired of folks piling on on Chan. this witch hunt has gone on long enough. let's have a little empathy here. Gailey's been swinging in the wind for far too long without any support from ownership, the CEO or Buddy Nix, who's suddenly gone silent. this topic has been beaten for far too long, with far too many people taking far too much pleasure out of it.

let's remember this is an actual person who has tried his best to turn this franchise around and to a degree failed.

i'm not saying Chan's not open to criticism but i'd hate to think no one here has never been wrong.

i'm tired of this boring, dull topic, with one dozen threads popping up at a moment's notice. good god, have some respect.

jw

Thank you for saying that. Way to many people popping off on their "sources". Give us a break,keep that big scoop to yourself. Sometimes the silly rumor mongering makes people look very foolish here.

I just don't get when it became a big !@#$ing race to post non factual hear say bull ****. Is their a prize? Did I miss out on the TBD meeting where Scott told everyone they get a new car if they break the story first? The worst part of it all is that no accountability is needed at all. Just drive by posting with denials and back tracking about all of the supposed info.

You should just take it for what it's worth (and you know how much it's worth).

Don't get bent over it. It's not worth it.

Believe me, I know Jeff Fisher's brother.

Thank you for saying that. Way to many people popping off on their "sources". Give us a break,keep that big scoop to yourself. Sometimes the silly rumor mongering makes people look very foolish here.

thanks, BPA. i'll report what i know, and so far what i know is that nothing has been decided. my folks could be wrong, but that's all i know.

jw

WOW! Thats something! There must be a connection between the Bills and myself!

Monday is our trash day too!

why, are you a loser, too?

jw

your attempt at cheapshot humor has left me whelmed.

i'm not kidding. i'm attempting to make one last stand at the far too many cheapshots that have been taken at a person's expense. this is wrong and mean and shameful.

Edited by john wawrow

jw

i'm not kidding. i'm attempting to make one last stand at the far too many cheapshots that have been taken at a person's expense. this is wrong and mean and shameful.

This. Can we wait until theres a credible source? Not Saying that I Don't want Gailey fired because I do but he is a human being in a very difficult position especially if he does get let go.A little tact and Empathy for the man is the least he deserves.

"Chan Gailey deserves to lose his, but will the Buffalo Bills actually make the change?"

That's not mentioning gailey ?

Ooops. I didn't read the article, I only watched the video. They don't mention him in the video. I was under the mistaken assumption that the article was a transcript of the video.

jw

So, let me break this down so I understand..... "My grammer sucks and so do my season tickets"

Clean house and get rid of Branden too hes the most incompetent of all of them All you have to do is hear him stammer on wgr

wha? and please respond to your allegations to the lease not getting done because i'd have to suggest that your credibility is in question.

jw

So, let me break this down so I understand..... "My grammer sucks and so do my season tickets"

hey, if the trash can fits.

jw

and you started this, not me.

Edited by john wawrow

jw;

Hatred is self defeating John; If you don't resolve it, it will consume you.

It's just a message board, over flowing with personal opinions.

Simple words from dis-gruntled angry fans who are venting their frustations.

To summarize: A coach was hired, he accepted; was then paid to perform

a task, only to become over whelmed with the task at hand. It's just banter.

John. It's basically a celebrity roast. For those who can't take the heat, just

exit the kitchen, or get some thicker skin. Geeeeez !

Lou

At the very least Chan needs better assistant coaches . Nix needs help drafting. Caldwell know's scouting and how to draft. It would be great if the bills could get him here. Bad drafts and letting good FA's walk and injuries hurt the most. How much is beast mode worth today in a trade.

Edited by independent

jw

and yeah, i'm in a mood to start taking people on because enough of this is enough, and i'm tired of the mob-rule mentality that some in the media have taken.

i'll remain contrarian and objective and question why this is being viewed through a 13-year prism and not a 3-year one.

the team has been dysfunctional for longer than Chan and Buddy have been here. but few seems to want to acknowledge that, and instead lay all the blame on the current regime for the troubles past.

for shame. for shame. i thought people here had better perspective.

Agreed, John. Thanks for posting. I'll never understand why we can't have a reasonable discussion about whether a coach is the right guy at the right time without trashing him.

It seems not to have worked out with Chan this time. That's life. But he seems to be a great guy, and he's obviously been very successful at his profession for several decades.

The math is that the cumulative record of all coaches in a given league is .500. Everyone who doesn't win a super bowl is not a moron or a coward or a charlatan. Thanks for the reminder that we are still talking about human beings here - human beings who are trying extremely hard to do good work and who want to win much more ferociously than we do, whether or not they manage ultimately to succeed.

jw;

Hatred is self defeating John; If you don't resolve it, it will consume you.

It's just a message board, over flowing with personal opinions.

Simple words from dis-gruntled angry fans who are venting their frustations.

To summarize: A coach was hired, he accepted; was then paid to perform

a task, only to become over whelmed with the task at hand. It's just banter.

John. It's basically a celebrity roast. For those who can't take the heat, just

exit the kitchen, or get some thicker skin. Geeeeez !

Lou

it's not banter. c'mon. let's be real here. it's pure and unadulterated cheapshots that have been exhanged far too many times on this board and in the media.

banter does not get personal.

banter does not compare a person to trash.

banter does not go on for three weeks and running on WGR or in The Buffalo News.

banter does not lead to the cheapshots taken by WGRZ a few night ago, when someone turned to Twitter to find three mean-spirited comments to share on air.

there's banter and there's piling on, and i'm absolutely sick of it. someone had mentioned recently that Chan looked defeated. well, geez, no guff.

after this season gone wrong and three weeks of questions and criticism, who wouldn't?

quit pretending this is some kind of video game and there's not a person at the end of this hook.

because, like it or not, there is.

so i don't buy this acceptance that anyone could sign up for this.

it's bad enough to deal with this losing, than to become a pinata for everyone to take a whack at without the defense of an owner, treasurer, CEO or GM these days.

go ahead, bash away in consumation and see how far that gets you to feeling less empty.

jw

it's not banter. c'mon. let's be real here. it's pure and unadulterated cheapshots that have been exhanged far too many times on this board and in the media.

banter does not get personal.

banter does not compare a person to trash.

banter does not go on for three weeks and running on WGR or in The Buffalo News.

banter does not lead to the cheapshots taken by WGRZ a few night ago, when someone turned to Twitter to find three mean-spirited comments to share on air.

there's banter and there's piling on, and i'm absolutely sick of it. someone had mentioned recently that Chan looked defeated. well, geez, no guff.

after this season gone wrong and three weeks of questions and criticism, who wouldn't?

quit pretending this is some kind of video game and there's not a person at the end of this hook.

because, like it or not, there is.

so i don't buy this acceptance that anyone could sign up for this.

it's bad enough to deal with this losing, than to become a pinata for everyone to take a whack at without the defense of an owner, treasurer, CEO or GM these days.

go ahead, bash away in consumation and see how far that gets you to feeling less empty.

jw

I'm impressed. 3am and you sound sober.