Bill Polian, Chris Polian, John Gruden HC and Darren Perry as DC

Lenigmusx

Alright here is the team say what you will but Chris could make a name for himself in the same market his father did. They all know that talent that has been assembled here now they just need the coaching and management team to get them playing the way the should be. I think even with Fitz and our number one draft pick future QB this staff would win with who we have. Add a draft where we pick up a future QB, a Top linebacker (Monte Tao Please, Please Please...) and a top flight number one wide receiver and this team would win from game one next year. I think Perry could turn this defense around from day one and I think he could run a hybrid without switching to a 3/4. These names (except Perry) have all been around this organization at different points this year and I think there are some signs that point to this as a possibility. The talent on this team should attract a top tier coach and it is also the reason I am done with Chan. He should have won with this roster so it is clear that the coaching staff has lost the team. I for one hope this is the direction the team goes.

Edited by Lenigmusx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright here is the team say what you will but Chris could make a name for himself in the same market his father did. They all know that talent that has been assembled here now they just need the coaching and management team to get them playing the way the should be. I think even with Fitz and our number one draft pick future QB this staff would win with who we have. Add a draft where we pick up a future QB, a Top linebacker (Monte Tao Please, Please Please...) and a top flight number one wide receiver and this team would win from game one next year. I think Perry could turn this defense around from day one and I think he could run a hybrid without switching to a 3/4. These names (except Perry) have all been around this organization at different points this year and I think there are some signs that point to this as a possibility. The talent on this team should attract a top tier coach and it is also the reason I am done with Chan. He should have won with this roster so it is clear that the coaching staff has lost the team. I for one hope this is the direction the team goes.

I respectfully disagree. By talent you are referring to Marcell, Mario, Fred, CJ and Gilmore and maybe Stevie. Other than that, we have very mediocre talent as was evidenced by our inability to beat a winning team this year. I am as frustrated with Gailey and Stache as the next guy, but some of this falls on the shoulders of the actors (not the director). These guys did not motivate themselves from game one of the preseason. To say that top tier coaches should be attracted to Buffalo is a reach. Only one thing attracts a top tier coach $$$.

Because Bill and Chris Polian worked so very well for the Colts

Yes, but from what I hear they want to give it another try and Bill was quite successful in Indy for quite awhile.

No Chris Polian

What is so bad about Chris??? you must know something I don't please elborate. If he is that bad i don't want him either.

While we are at it, lets see if we can convince Jim to come back and play QB for us, and does anyone know if Thurman and Bruce would like to give it another shot playing again?

You do realise that the Colts FIRED Chris and Saint Polian because that franchise struggled to get 2 wins without Peyton at QB?

I respectfully disagree. By talent you are referring to Marcell, Mario, Fred, CJ and Gilmore and maybe Stevie. Other than that, we have very mediocre talent as was evidenced by our inability to beat a winning team this year. I am as frustrated with Gailey and Stache as the next guy, but some of this falls on the shoulders of the actors (not the director). These guys did not motivate themselves from game one of the preseason. To say that top tier coaches should be attracted to Buffalo is a reach. Only one thing attracts a top tier coach $$$.

I won't disagree with you. It just seems like the players aren't buying into the system and perhaps their lack of effort is reflective of the fact that they feel the are executing a losing game plan before they step on the field. I can only point to Stevie's frustration as an example but again i could be way off base here.

id add the offensive line as being in good shape, and byrd (assuming we sign our own), kyle williams, anderson and carrington starting to build up a good defensive line too. i think we have some solid young depth building up in general. there are just a couple (albeit major) holes that need to be filled, which could be in one offseason (sign a vet lb, draft qb round one and wr round 2) to reach the playoffs (a coach taking buffalo to the playoffs would be a major story line), and if their qb choice pans out a good longterm future (havent mortgaged draft picks, good cap shape, atleast 7 years stability which is a long time even for successful guys)

i think we are in better shape to sign a good coach now than 3 years ago. not great, but better. before it was top tier coaches ARE NOT interested, and now i think they COULD BE interested.... a ways to go before we hear that they SHOULD be interested.

Edited by NoSaint

While we are at it, lets see if we can convince Jim to come back and play QB for us, and does anyone know if Thurman and Bruce would like to give it another shot playing again?

You do realise that the Colts FIRED Chris and Saint Polian because that franchise struggled to get 2 wins without Peyton at QB?

You mean the biggest "FLOP" in the history of the NFL. Now I understand and look at where that franchise is today. In the playoffs. Perhaps that was also the Polian's plan i guess we will never know. The talent on that team that is in the playoffs was still assembled by the Polians and IMO reflective of their ability to assemble a successful NFL franchise.

Edited by Lenigmusx

What is so bad about Chris??? you must know something I don't please elborate. If he is that bad i don't want him either.

He rose through their front office due to nepotism, reportedly is extremely arrogant and not good to work with, is the reason he and Bill were fired this past offseason, and he's not very good at his job. Look at the Colts drafts from 2009-2011.

You mean the biggest "FLOP" in the history of the NFL. Now I understand and look at where that franchise is today. In the playoffs. Perhaps that was also the Polian's plan i guess we will never know. The talent on that team that is in the playoffs was still assembled by the Polians and IMO reflective of their ability to assemble a successful NFL franchise.

If it was Polians "plan" to tank the season in order to get Luck in the Draft, then he would still be employed right now

But the Colts are back to being a "one Man" team with luck. Without him playing more like a veteran QB instead of a rookie, that team is not all that good.

LOL...In my opinion, Irsay planned all along to throw the season in order to draft Luck...his pre- season tweets about "big things" in store for the team gave us a hint to this strategy.I would not judge Bill Polian's work based on that one year. Look at his resume. He's a winner.

He rose through their front office due to nepotism, reportedly is extremely arrogant and not good to work with, is the reason he and Bill were fired this past offseason, and he's not very good at his job. Look at the Colts drafts from 2009-2011.

bottom line, they are going to the playoffs, we are watching them for the 13th straight year.. i think the polians would be great here, not solely because how well the colts did, but because bill has a history of winning, also, they arent nix and gailey.

bottom line, they are going to the playoffs, we are watching them for the 13th straight year.. i think the polians would be great here, not solely because how well the colts did, but because bill has a history of winning, also, they arent nix and gailey.

So when Saint Polian takes over, when does Luck/Manning get here?

LOL...In my opinion, Irsay planned all along to throw the season in order to draft Luck...his pre- season tweets about "big things" in store for the team gave us a hint to this strategy.I would not judge Bill Polian's work based on that one year. Look at his resume. He's a winner.

Yup, a 1 time Super Bowl winning GM. He is probably the most popular Bridesmaid though, 7 appearances in the big game (over a 20 year career in the game) with only one Lombardi to show for it, yet the fans in Buffalo would run over their own children if it meant he would come back here........

As I said in another post, if they planned on throwing the season in order to get luck, why did they fire Saint Polian then? He is the greast GM to ever live and breathe the game

Edited by apuszczalowski

Now this I can buy. Thanks! I thought his rise was because he was "a chip off the old block" so to speak. If he just got handed the keys to daddy's car because of who he is I don't want him either. I just look at the Colts path compared to The Bills path in that same time frame and had to assume with has fathers guidance he is better than what we have. I will check out those drafts. My reasoning for the Polian duo is that they could hopefully land a big named coach more easily. I also heard they have been seen at One Bills drive recently. Chris could be horrible and you definitely have more knowledge about it than I do. thanks.

i hear he has one of the worst elbows around. i'd give him a 3.5...

sorry, i just can't stop myself sometimes

Awesome!!!

Here is possibly the major good thing about "Saint Polian" - The ability to attract a quality head coach. Don't underestimate this. Right now anyone with an option would go elsewhere. Even some without a head coaching option as evidenced by Shottenheimer's kid with the last opening when Gailey was hired. Edited by Saratoga Leo

Yup, a 1 time Super Bowl winning GM. He is probably the most popular Bridesmaid though, 7 appearances in the big game (over a 20 year career in the game) with only one Lombardi to show for it, yet the fans in Buffalo would run over their own children if it meant he would come back here........

As I said in another post, if they planned on throwing the season in order to get luck, why did they fire Saint Polian then? He is the greast GM to ever live and breathe the game

nice sarcasm! actually that wont happen.. to each his own.. ill take them over the present regime any day.. Edited by dwight in philly

If it was Polians "plan" to tank the season in order to get Luck in the Draft, then he would still be employed right now

But the Colts are back to being a "one Man" team with luck. Without him playing more like a veteran QB instead of a rookie, that team is not all that good.

They Definitely were not a one man team when we lost to them... Their defense is much better than advertised.

irsay blew several early draft picks on purpose in the years prior, resigned manning and then injured nearly every important player on offense and defense, including the guy he gave huge money to?

Edited by NoSaint