Collin Klein - QB - Kansas State

Mel in MD

I seldom see his name in the mix of potential QB's on this board. I don't know a ton about

him but as a Heisman finalist he must have some fairly serious skills. Does his game not

translate to the NFL? Why does everyone rate Landry, Glennon et al , superior to him?

(Not saying they shouldn't)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seldom see his name in the mix of potential QB's on this board. I don't know a ton about

him but as a Heisman finalist he must have some fairly serious skills. Does his game not

translate to the NFL? Why does everyone rate Landry, Glennon et al , superior to him?

(Not saying they shouldn't)

Klein has everything but the arm and this will probably keep him from being successful in the NFL.

I think we should take a look at him in later rounds as a 2nd QB drafted. He's a winner and a good football player. His accuracy on deep balls is his biggest weakness. His throwing motion is viewed as having many flaws. He's been compared to Tannehill and tebow. Not the arm strength of Tannehill, but similar in stature and running ability. Not quite the running ability of tebow, but he can move and is a better passer than tebow. He has great poise in the pocket and knows when to get out and make a play with his feet, either rolling out or running for the 1st (or td). If we got him in rounds 5-7 I'd be pumped. If he doesn't pan out as a starter, can be a nice backup. I think he's better than Landry Jones and but not as good as glennon. I'd take glennon in rd 2, but he might not be there.

I think we should take a look at him in later rounds as a 2nd QB drafted. He's a winner and a good football player. His accuracy on deep balls is his biggest weakness. His throwing motion is viewed as having many flaws. He's been compared to Tannehill and tebow. Not the arm strength of Tannehill, but similar in stature and running ability. Not quite the running ability of tebow, but he can move and is a better passer than tebow. He has great poise in the pocket and knows when to get out and make a play with his feet, either rolling out or running for the 1st (or td). If we got him in rounds 5-7 I'd be pumped. If he doesn't pan out as a starter, can be a nice backup. I think he's better than Landry Jones and but not as good as glennon. I'd take glennon in rd 2, but he might not be there.

C'mon Landry is miles ahead of Klein, did you watch him this year, kid is clutch

The CREAM will rise to the top before the Scouting Combine! I hope they let him play in Senior Bowl.

You like the word "cream" a little too much for me

No way Glennon, Barkley, and Geno fall past the first. Maybe even another like Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones slips into the first. I like Teo with our pick with a Qb next. We also have major holes at wr and cb

You like the word "cream" a little too much for me

No way Glennon, Barkley, and Geno fall past the first. Maybe even another like Tyler Wilson or Landry Jones slips into the first. I like Teo with our pick with a Qb next. We also have major holes at wr and cb

My guess is by the time it all shakes out that Smith, Glennon, Jones, and Wilson go in the 1st...Barkley slides into the 2-3 Rd area...If The Bills take Te'o, or any other position player with their first pick it will be slim pickings remaining at QB after that...This is not the QB class of 2011 or 2012...It's thinner...Still some talent, but thinner... B-)

My guess is by the time it all shakes out that Smith, Glennon, Jones, and Wilson go in the 1st...Barkley slides into the 2-3 Rd area...If The Bills take Te'o, or any other position player with their first pick it will be slim pickings remaining at QB after that...This is not the QB class of 2011 or 2012...It's thinner...Still some talent, but thinner... B-)

How many teams do you think will draft a QB? K.C., Oakland, the Jets, Cardinals, Bills, and maybe the Jags. I can see Smith going #1 to K.C., then Glennon and Wilson going top 10 to Buffalo, Arizona, or the Jets. I see Barkley and Jones being drafted at the end of the first round, probably by teams trading back into the first.

How many teams do you think will draft a QB? K.C., Oakland, the Jets, Cardinals, Bills, and maybe the Jags. I can see Smith going #1 to K.C., then Glennon and Wilson going top 10 to Buffalo, Arizona, or the Jets. I see Barkley and Jones being drafted at the end of the first round, probably by teams trading back into the first.

That sounds about right...But I think the chances are very good that one of the QB prospects remaining jumps Barkley into the 1st...I'm just not really high on Barkley...And I'm guessing he's going to get exposed a bit during the workouts...I still don't see a great outcome unless The Bills use that Top 10 on a QB...The way it thins out this year, and the way QB's have elevated in the Draft, I would hate to see The Bills get stuck with sloppy seconds... ;)

That sounds about right...But I think the chances are very good that one of the QB prospects remaining jumps Barkley into the 1st...I'm just not really high on Barkley...And I'm guessing he's going to get exposed a bit during the workouts...I still don't see a great outcome unless The Bills use that Top 10 on a QB...The way it thins out this year, and the way QB's have elevated in the Draft, I would hate to see The Bills get stuck with sloppy seconds... ;)

I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised to see another Ben Roethlisberger/J.P. Losman situation happen.

I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised to see another Ben Roethlisberger/J.P. Losman situation happen.

Well...It's possible for sure...In that 2004 Draft after Losman, the next QB taken was Schaub at #90...Then it REALLY thinned out...I think this QB Class is a bit deeper...But should the Bills go away from QB with that Top 10 pick they are REALLY rolling the dice... B-)

C'mon Landry is miles ahead of Klein, did you watch him this year, kid is clutch

I've watched him for 3 years+. I don't think he's very good. Any signs of pressure and he's a deer in headlights. Everytime I see them with the ball at inside the red zone, OU inevitably kicks a FG. Looks a good college QB. Maybe I watch at bad times, but when I watch him, I'm not impressed in the least. I'd rather have glennon, nassib, manual, bray, smith, Boyd, Klein, Barkley and smith. Jmo