Who Handled their QB's Worse? Jets or Bills

DFITZ1

@meat, your opening paragraph on fits IMO is completely wrong. If he gets cut tomorrow ain't a team in the league picks him up as a starter. And I don't see bills getting anything to trade him.

As for VY the problem with the "he must be bad because no one will make him a backup" is that all it takes to be a starter is for someone to believe in you when all 31 other teams have no interest (eg Sanchez), and all it takes to go from no where to being somebody is for one team to give you a chance and you capitalize on it (eg curt warner from arena to super bowl QB).

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Biils need a better QB but the Jets blew up their whole team and season by trading for Tebow for no reason other than their idiot owner was jealous of the attention being lavished on the Giants.

Woody Johnson might be the worst owner in the NFL, Ralph included.

Who Handled their QB's Worse? Jets or Bills

Depends on what you mean by your question. If you mead which team has done the QBs on their roster bad it's the jets, hands down. If, however, you mean which team has done the position of QB bad it's the Bills.

The jets have made every opportunity to upgrade the position. They have used high draft picks and trades to make the position as strong as possible. They may have mad mistakes, but they also made an effort, however misguided.

The Bills on the other hand? 2 FA QBs brought in to be back-ups. One veteran QB brought in via trade and never activated. One QB drafted, the great Levi Brown.

Which would you rather have, a FO that tries to upgrade the position or continuity?

The Biils need a better QB but the Jets blew up their whole team and season by trading for Tebow for no reason other than their idiot owner was jealous of the attention being lavished on the Giants.

Woody Johnson might be the worst owner in the NFL, Ralph included.

Its not as simple as blaming media hungry owners. Oc sparano was so in love with the wildcat he wanted to run an extended version of it.

Depends on what you mean by your question. If you mead which team has done the QBs on their roster bad it's the jets, hands down. If, however, you mean which team has done the position of QB bad it's the Bills.

The jets have made every opportunity to upgrade the position. They have used high draft picks and trades to make the position as strong as possible. They may have mad mistakes, but they also made an effort, however misguided.

The Bills on the other hand? 2 FA QBs brought in to be back-ups. One veteran QB brought in via trade and never activated. One QB drafted, the great Levi Brown.

Which would you rather have, a FO that tries to upgrade the position or continuity?

Sanchez was far from a good bet even at the time. They gave up a 1, a 2, and 3 players.... Then they gave him the makeup contract after tebow which makes his situation an absolute disaster.

They've invested a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 3 traded players plus major cash on guys that no one thought were the answer. Hell, I don't think they even thought tebow was.

There's being aggressive and getting your guy which we've failed at but the Sanchez selection screamed of "I don't care who is on the board we just have to pick the top qb." That's real bad too. Especially when you double down on that guys contract because you are scared you rattled him bringing in a guy your coach has no intention of using.

Sanchez was far from a good bet even at the time. They gave up a 1, a 2, and 3 players.... Then they gave him the makeup contract after tebow which makes his situation an absolute disaster.

They've invested a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th and 3 traded players plus major cash on guys that no one thought were the answer. Hell, I don't think they even thought tebow was.

There's being aggressive and getting your guy which we've failed at but the Sanchez selection screamed of "I don't care who is on the board we just have to pick the top qb." That's real bad too. Especially when you double down on that guys contract because you are scared you rattled him bringing in a guy your coach has no intention of using.

Question (for me) remains the same. Which would you rather have, a FO that tries to upgrade the position or continuity? At least the jets understand that if you don't have a QB you don't have an NFL football team.

Question (for me) remains the same. Which would you rather have, a FO that tries to upgrade the position or continuity? At least the jets understand that if you don't have a QB you don't have an NFL football team.

But they don't. They just threw stuff against the wall and when it didnt stick they picked it up and threw it harder. Truly the only move they've made towards an nfl qb was drafting Sanchez. They made a desperate attempt then have handled him disastrously. You can atleast argue we're building towards something and when we get that guy we will be headed the right way - they are in a tailspin at the position, wasting resources, have an aging and not cap friendly roster and because of how they've handled qb may be giving away more years. Lets see what happens in the draft I guess. Neither situation is great. I wouldnt want theirs though.

Edited by NoSaint

Good point. Let's not also forget they made a play for manning in the off season, who for sure would have started over Sanchez. Bills made no attempt to upgrade from fitz, far from it: they've only kept other qb's that are no threat to start

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

But they don't. They just threw stuff against the wall and when it didnt stick they picked it up and threw it harder. Truly the only move they've made towards an nfl qb was drafting Sanchez. They made a desperate attempt then have handled him disastrously. You can atleast argue we're building towards something and when we get that guy we will be headed the right way - they are in a tailspin at the position, wasting resources, have an aging and not cap friendly roster and because of how they've handled qb may be giving away more years. Lets see what happens in the draft I guess. Neither situation is great. I would want theirs though.

Thanks for seeing things my way. :D

For reals...neither team is in a good position. We have ignored the position, they threw everything they had at it and wiffed. Looking ahead...I agree with you that the Bills could be in better shape IF (that's the proverbial big if) they adress the position (too late IMO) & they hit a homerun this offseason. The jets are hamstrung and will have to dig out.

Thanks for seeing things my way. :D

For reals...neither team is in a good position. We have ignored the position, they threw everything they had at it and wiffed. Looking ahead...I agree with you that the Bills could be in better shape IF (that's the proverbial big if) they adress the position (too late IMO) & they hit a homerun this offseason. The jets are hamstrung and will have to dig out.

Boo. Autocorrect typo.

We will see. Ultimately it's this offseason that'll really tell the story.

ur crazy if you think fitz doesnt have value in this league as a starter. at least ten teams every season would take him over the starter they already have. theres only so many people on the planet that can play that position at that level so even if your at the bottom of that list youre still a commodity that can be dealt. fitz has that value, sanchez doesnt

ur crazy if you think fitz doesnt have value in this league as a starter. at least ten teams every season would take him over the starter they already have. theres only so many people on the planet that can play that position at that level so even if your at the bottom of that list youre still a commodity that can be dealt. fitz has that value, sanchez doesnt

Problem is those teams might do it in hindsight - they aren't going to give up a 10m per year deal and picks in advance. They will sign him to a low level deal and have him compete with the Schaub they have. A 50-50 shot to win. He's a role player. Guys like Flynn are similar but had a tough time in open free agency.

I'd love to see you name the 10 competing for his services.

I remember the day the Jets traded up for Sanchez. I was very happy because I felt that they gave up a lot for a grenade. That team was poised to dominate for a little while with the right QB. They bet on the wrong guy and jobs will continue to be lost as a result.

It was like they didnt care who they just had to have the first off the board they could reach. It was great.

Edited by NoSaint

50 turnovers in the last 2 years with Sanchez. They had to call timeout for substituting one play on offense because they couldnt figure out how to do that.... in the NFL

Fitz has been far from a sure thing each week, The absolute mess the Jets trotted out each week was a joke and now they are the hook for 8 million for a guy that is laughed at on every message board, every ESPN segment, every team meeting, every GM conversation in the league. They traded for Tebow which was totally ineffective after hyping that up to epic proportions. and now McElroy is supposed to save them? Bills fans would be burning down the stadium if that was our solution

Browns

Really? Weeden has been ok and Colt McCoy was a weak armed 3rd round pick who happened to be better than a washed up Jake Delhomme

The Jets. From a GM perspective they gave up lots to pick him where they did and last year went out and foolishly guaranteed his 2013 contract. In terms of player development also the Jets. Fitz is, and always has been, what he is. A suitable backup QB. Sanchez certainly had more upside if handled properly.

The Bills...starting from the draft.....

Missed out on potential starters in the draft.

Cut Vince Young just because he had a horrible pre-season game

Traded for Jackson (to replace Thigpen) and yet after 14 games, Thigpen is still on the roster and Jackson is yet to be active for a game

Signed Brad Smith for 15M, but are yet to get a meaningful play out of him.

Continue to play Fitz in spite of his fallings.

WINNER !!!