Who Handled their QB's Worse? Jets or Bills

DFITZ1

50 turnovers in the last 2 years with Sanchez. They had to call timeout for substituting one play on offense because they couldnt figure out how to do that.... in the NFL

Fitz has been far from a sure thing each week, The absolute mess the Jets trotted out each week was a joke and now they are the hook for 8 million for a guy that is laughed at on every message board, every ESPN segment, every team meeting, every GM conversation in the league. They traded for Tebow which was totally ineffective after hyping that up to epic proportions. and now McElroy is supposed to save them? Bills fans would be burning down the stadium if that was our solution

I think the "Butt Fumble" was the last straw. Talk about turning a bad situation into a laughingstock!

Neither Sanchez nor Fitz are QBs that a team can build around, but I would rather have Fitz.

When it comes to getting the QB for the future, is it better that the Jets tried and failed, or that the Bills didn't try when they coulda shoulda last year? I know in many draft related posts, I was convinced that the Bills would take a second rounder to sit behind Fitz for a year, and I was surprised when they didn't. Ironically, when the Jets thought that Sanchez was their guy, they still went out and got McElroy. That's the type of move I was sure the Bills would make. I guess I am REALLY not the smartest guy in the room.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets win easy. You forgot the Jets went for Manning, didnt land him, then for no reason gave Sanchese a huge contract even though he played like crap all last season. Then trade for Tebow, only to stick with Sancheese for wayyyyyy too long, likely to avoid playing Tebow. Then, with Tebow hurt, they finally bench the Cheese for McElroy, who goes 5-7 and leads them on a td drive to win a game at Ariz 7-6.

This was the perfect opportunity to skip Tebow and play McElroy buy saying they are going to stick with what works. But isntead they went back to Cheese only to bench him again AND skip over their 2nd stringer creating more drama.

Couldnt have been handled worse

ur crazy if you think fitz doesnt have value in this league as a starter. at least ten teams every season would take him over the starter they already have. theres only so many people on the planet that can play that position at that level so even if your at the bottom of that list youre still a commodity that can be dealt. fitz has that value, sanchez doesnt

I see no chance of that. Not heralded coming into NFL, would be on his 4th team, horrible record as a starter, pretty much understood he doesnt have an NFL arm. Cant imagine any team getting excited about giving him the ball. Sanchez would only be on his second team, 1st round pick, winning record as starter, 2x deep into playoffs, better physical skills, 5 yrs younger ... much better chance of getting another shot somewhere else

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

At least they went for Manning , it didnt work out because he chose Denver. Extending Sanchez was a way of consoling/giving a vote of confidence afterwards. 9ers did same thing with smith when they failed to land manning too

Alex smith was a free agent they gave a short, relatively modest deal to. That's a very different thing. Sanchez was under contract

And thinking they had a shot at manning was laughable and a big error in the first place - then letting it go public.... Terrible.

Edited by NoSaint

10 teams that would definitely take Fitzpatrick?

New England - Nope

New York Jets - Nope

Miami - Nope

Buffalo YUP

Pittsburgh - Nope

Baltimore - Nope

Cleveland - Nope

Cincinnati - Nope

Houston - Nope

Indianapolis - Nope

Jacksonville - Nope

Tennessee - Nope

Dallas - Nope

New York Giants - Nope

Philadelphia - Nope

Washington - Nope

Green Bay - Nope

Chicago - Nope

Minnesota - Possibly but probably want upgrade from Ponder, so nope.

Detroit - Nope

Atlanta - Nope

New Orleans - Nope

Tampa Bay - Nope

Carolina - Nope

San Francisco - Nope

Seattle - Nope

St. Louis - Nope

Arizona - Maybe? Probably his best chance if he gets cut by the Bills. They are starting a 6th round rookie this week, so it's possible that they would take a mediocre veteran for a little while. So generously, we'll call it a yup.

Even teams that haven't gotten great QB play this year have at least drafted a guy recently (Jacksonville, Minnesota, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Tennessee, Carolina, Miami) that they are attempting to groom. I don't think any of those teams would take Fitzpatrick as their starter over the potential of their young player.

Great comments. Seems the consensus is that the Jets FO handled their QB situation the worse. Of course neither FO deserves accolades. It seems the Jets handled the situationt more like the Marx brothers than the Rooney brothers, and the Bills simply did nothing meaningful, basically guilty of ignorance. You almost long for the days of Flutie vs Johnson.

The Jets. They had two reasonable alternatives to a failiing Sanchez and didn't go with either at the time it could have made a difference. The Bills made a Fitz commitment and had no real back-up or contingency plan.

On the other hand at lease Ryan HAD a contingency (which he didn't use) and Chan and Nix failed to put any contingency in place.