Who is Nix's best draft pick??

JPS

In posting in another thread, the thought occurred to me that Nix has failed to hit on even one draft pick. It may be a bit extreme, but maybe not. Who, for sure, was a good draft pick and a good value in the draft? I think everyone has warts and excuses and I'm not sure I could name one.

I'm not taking about a guy who has some value (spiller). I'm talking about a guy to hang your hat on. A cornerstone pick. Three years. Twenty some picks. Optimists might come up with 3 or 4. I struggle to say there's 1 Budduh Nix draft pick I can't live without.

Well, if you evaluate the 2010 draft given their 3 seasons in the NFL, only Spiller is a starter on the team. Troup may never come back and wasn't starting before the injury in their former defensive scheme. Carrington's claim to fame is blocking kicks, Easley occassionally doesn't dress, and Moats is a role player. That draft really gave them little, especially at the key positions of QB, WR, OT, CB, and DE.

2011 is shaping up much the same. Dareus is underwhelming, A. Williams toward bust status, Sheppard is strictly a 2 down LB who can't cover, Searcy may see more time when/if Wilson is cut at SS, and Hairston is a backup type.

Nix's first 2 drafts are not consistent with being a top 5 talent evaluator. They are the mark of someone who doesn't back up his big mouth, but right now Spiller is his best pick.

As Spiller looks like he could help the team. And that he meaning Nix, needs to find that draft pick as he has yet to hit a home run on them. Hopefully just if Gailey is here in 2013, Spiller could be one that would help revive the team. Just one of many needs.

Right now, even thought many thought he was a bust...it seems to be spiller. But mark my words right here! I believe stephon Gilmore and Cordy Glenn will both be cornerstone licks five years down the road. In my opinion Gilmore will be a shutdown corner amongst revis and Peterson while Glenn could draw comparisons to pace and Ogden

GO BILLS

Super Bowl or Bust!!!

Right now, even thought many thought he was a bust...it seems to be spiller. But mark my words right here! I believe stephon Gilmore and Cordy Glenn will both be cornerstone licks five years down the road. In my opinion Gilmore will be a shutdown corner amongst revis and Peterson while Glenn could draw comparisons to pace and Ogden

GO BILLS

Super Bowl or Bust!!!

So Gilmore will be the best CB in the league and Glenn will become a legendary, Canton-bound tackle? I like both of those guys so far, but you're going overboard with those projections.

Let's not forget that Spiller is one of the worst RBs in the league at pass-pro. He's shown a few flashes, but I don't put him in the slam dunk elite RB category. On a good team, he'd be great. On a bad team, he's good. I can't fault you guys on Spiller. Rather have JPP, but that's Hindsight's territory.

GO BILLS

Super Bowl or Bust!!!

Gilmore is a completely different CB, nor has he been particularly good this season. Revis and Peterson were excellent toward the end of their rookie years. Gilmore will be decent, but his ceiling is a Cortland-Finnegan type.

Out of 3 full drafts, Spiller is the only pick he really nailed. That said, we really can't judge this year's draft class yet, but the point still stands. There's some picks from this year's draft class that are looking to be fantastic picks, they're just not playing for the Bills.

Eli Manning.

But this was just a knee-jerk pick so they could deal him to the NYG. He was basically picking Manning for them. He never intended Manning to play a down for SD.

Edited by kas23

Every pick has warts. We want. We think. We hope.

But can Spiller play a whole season as a feature back without getting himself or his QB hurt? Want.Think.Hope.

Will Dareus rebound? WTH.

After further thought, I'm starting to give consideration to Carrington. He has showed more this year than Dareus.

Carrington is turning into a pretty good DT...he has been making a lot of plays and causing havoc in the backfield when he has been in the game, not to mention his kick blocking ability...

Edited by matter2003

i still think dareus was a great pick. he was awesome before his family tragedy. i expect him to get things straight in his head and be an utter force next season

I don't think Dareus can be considered a great pick (so far) under any form of evaluation...He's underachieved, playing in the middle of one of the worst NFL Defenses (especially vs the run) in the entire NFL...Add to that fact The Bills passed on no less than 5 players who are among the very best at their position in the entire NFL in favor of Dareus...How can Dareus be considered a good pick? I just don't get it??? It was a good pick on Draft day, but that's only because most Scouts (just like The Bills Scouts) over valued Dareus, and under valued guys like Watt and Aldon Smith...

Maybe Dareus will one day be a good pick...But definitely not unless he gets serious about his weight...He needs to be around 315-320...And from this point on he's got a wicked uphill climb to match some of the guys in his Draft Class...A HUGE uphill climb... B-)