Who is Nix's best draft pick??

JPS

It baffles the hell out of me that Gailey can't use Spiller for more than 10-12 carries a game. It's utterly ridiculous how good he's been even under those circumstances. Personally, he doesn't need to be a pass blocker on passing downs. He should be a receiving option or running option on every single play until teams show they can stop him. Thus far, it hasn't been the case. In terms of Dareus, it's difficult to measure him. He was more of a force in his rookie year with Kyle Williams out and no Mario. The latter part of this year when Mario has been 100%, Dareus has looked good. Still, the defense is so bad and so many other areas, it's really hard to evaluate. Gilmore and Glenn clearly have to be TBD's. You have to give some credit to the offensive line for the fact that Spiller is around 6.5 YPC. Glenn is part of that mix. Also, Fitz hasn't taken a lot of sacks compared to some QB's. Credit again to the offensive line. So thus far, I would say Nix best draft pick has to be Spiller. He has the potential to put up huge numbers if Gailey can get his head out of his ass and use him like he should be.

Out of 3 full drafts, Spiller is the only pick he really nailed.

When Spiller proves he can be an every down at that level of performance and last a full season, then we can say he nailed it.

There are a lot of backs that look good and seem to have the knack for getting hurt. Not saying Spiller is one of them, but he hasn't been able/had the opportunity to prove otherwise. And it seems to me that you can't say a pick nailed it without addressing durability and longevity.

And ultimately you have to address the worth to the team. Let's assume Spiller can be a durable, every down back going forward. Spiller being underused the first few years of his contract may not be his fault, but the bottom line is that we drafted a top ten guy to a 5-year contract, and we'll get maybe two seasons of starter productivity out of the deal. That's not nailing it in the draft.