Buffalo Bills Pursuing Continuity With Buddy Nix, Chan Gailey

ThrowingFitz

hes the worst coach we've possibly ever had. How is the alternative worse? And yes, you've said you want him back in the name of continuity. And the only insinuation I've made is that you don't know what's going on in the locker room anymore than any of us and you don't drive a BMW.

I said a few posts back, that wasn't to say that I was, rather that the person I was saying it to, acted like he was in the locker room. Therefore, you made an assumption that I was saying that I was in the locker room. And you know what an assumption stands for I'm sure. It seems to apply.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying I was pro Wanstache, thats just what I see coming for next season.

As for your reasons not to want him, Those stats are actually better then Chans, and the Basket story part, who cares? So he screwed up a speech/analogy he was giving to the players, that means absolutly nothing, I'm sure Lombardi may have screwed up a speech in the locker room once or twice in his career. I'm sure they all weren't perfectly quotable masterpieces

And isn't Bleacher report basically a site where anybody can write for?

Wannstache has already failed in two HC gigs. You may think the actual stories of his !@#$ed up attempts to inspire his players are nothing, but others may see something that smells like a lack of leadership.

Along the theme of people not really being in the locker room and knowing what is really going on. None of us know that RW doesn't have a plan in place, for whatever reason he refuses to discuss it and lets everyone believe there is nothing in place. Kelly and a few others has hinted at that not being the case.

If the Bill's do leave, they won't get another team, Toronto very well may, but I'm certain there will NEVER be another BUFFALO team in the NFL.

I do wonder though if changes could be in store this off season!!

So far RW has refused to sell the team and appears to want to be the owner of the team until he dies, probably as that is what gives him the enjoyment to live. Considering how it appears his condition has got much weaker, I do wonder if the team is still giving him enjoyment, and if not would he now be ready to sell. It's hard to believe it really is as I don't believe he has been to even one game this season. I'm sure he does hear and read all the comments about him being the reason the team is losing and he's holding it back, it has to hurt him. Would he decide the fun is gone and sell now?? I'll say it wouldn't shock me if it happened. I also do believe if the Bill's hire another coach this will be the last coach RW ever hires.

From a financial standpoint, if he holds the team until he dies, it goes to his wife without paying estate tax. If as been rumored she immediately sells the team, she then pays capital gains tax. I suppose that could be where the "plan" that Kelly talks about comes into place. Maybe she's decided instead of selling, she keeps the team as a completely silent owner, and maybe that's where Kelly comes in, he becomes the CEO for like a 5% stake in the team and first right to buy if Mary decides to sell or she eventually dies. Along a similar line, RW leaves the team to some type of charitable foundation he sets up with again Kelly running the team part and all profits after the cost of running the team goes to the charity. Would then NFL like such either of these arrangements, probably not, but the likelihood of them winning in court to have it over turned, is probably low.

Or RW does sell the team now, pays the capital gains tax, the money left goes in his pocket, he dies say a year from now, Mary Wilson then gets the money tax free until she dies, then her heirs would get hit with estate taxes which would be the same if RW sells the team now or she sold it after he died. One of them is paying CG tax now and when they both die the estate tax kicks in.

I suppose RW plan may be that he 's not going to die!

Ralph Wilson refuses to setup a legacy and the team will be sold to the highest bidder, who could move the team to Los Angles, London or elsewhere. So why support a blatant piece of :censored: like this?

Fourth, if the team does leave WNY, then why wouldn't the NFL give Buffalo a new franchise with a new owner? Jeez, the chance to finally have an owner that actually wants to win games instead of just making a profit! An owner that isn't afraid to spend money on a top GM, President, or head coach.

Wannstache has already failed in two HC gigs. You may think the actual stories of his !@#$ed up attempts to inspire his players are nothing, but others may see something that smells like a lack of leadership.

Story, not plural, there was only one story there of an attempt of a motivational speech that didn't work

If the only problem with the guy is that hes not good at giving motivational speeches, hire a damn motivational speaker to pump the team up in the lockerroom every week if its so important.

Otherwise, theres other coaches people have suggested should be looked at that have been fired from atleast 2 other teams

Story, not plural, there was only one story there of an attempt of a motivational speech that didn't work

If the only problem with the guy is that hes not good at giving motivational speeches, hire a damn motivational speaker to pump the team up in the lockerroom every week if its so important.

Otherwise, theres other coaches people have suggested should be looked at that have been fired from atleast 2 other teams

Stories. That is not the only one.

Please. Don't be ridiculous. It's stupid to judge a guy based on some tale of locker room hijinks. I prefer to judge him based on the product he commands on the field.

Oh, wait ... never mind.

So how do you fit a Bible a football and a picture in a basket, again?

Jebus, Dave Wannstedt for HC? Someone who was worse at coaching then Chan Gailey :doh:

41-57 in Chicago as HC, one post season appearance in 6 years

42-31 in Miami as HC, after taking over from Jimmy Johnson who built a playoff team in Miami. but then the team fell apart in his last year there going 1-8, and he quit the team.

"Dave Wannstedt seemed like the ideal coordinator to direct the Buffalo Bills' new-look 4-3 defense. Instead, he has become just another symbol of failure for the downtrodden AFC East club.

What's been most alarming is how soft Wannstedt's group has been against the run. It defies belief that a front featuring defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams, can be 31st in rushing defense."

"Wannstedt has also failed to coax big production from prized free agent Mario Williams.

With the 3-5 Bills likely to again miss the playoffs, expect Wannstedt to be canned along with head coach Chan Gailey."

http://bleacherrepor...obs-this-season

Read how Jason Cole feels about Dave Wannstooge,

http://www.buffaloru...ason-cole-yahoo

"He stands up in front of the team in a pre-season, and he has a basket - like a trash basket - and then he's got four things. He's got a Bible, a family picture, a football and a brick, and he shows how if you keep everything in order, and keep
priorities right, the picture, the football and the Bible will all fit quite nicely in the basket. But if you add the brick - which he called 'distraction' - it won't fit.

"The only problem was that as he did it, he took everything out of the basket, and then he tried to put it back in. This was the football, the Bible and the picture - he tried to put them all back in, but he couldn't remember the way that they went back in. So he was fumbling around, and then the basket fell over in the middle of all of this. It began just sort of a comedy session.

"When he put the basket back in the locker room later in the week, the players were so frustrated with him that they took the stuff and threw it in the trash can."

Now we know why T. Jackson just stands there and laughs.

Imagine the stories we never hear about.

Please. Don't be ridiculous. It's stupid to judge a guy based on some tale of locker room hijinks. I prefer to judge him based on the product he commands on the field.

Oh, wait ... never mind.

So how do you fit a Bible a football and a picture in a basket, again?

Darn you, you stole my follow-up! B-)

This thread should be retitled "Get trolled here". How can anyone say they want Wannstedt as the next HC here with a straight face? C'mon, man! He's poised to have led the worst Bills defense in their history. Head coach?? :wallbash:

his record as a head coach is 169 and 82. That sounds a LOT better than 15-33 doesn't it?

Why, yes, yes it does sound better. But whose HC record is 169 and 82? It certainly isn't Wannstedts as a head coach. 83-88 (41-57 on the Bears, 42-31 on the 'Phins - both teams of whom far more was expected, especially the 'Phins with the #1 D, Ricky Williams, and playoff appearances the 1st 2 years Wanny was there.

Let's use a little logic here. The man was a HC 6 seasons with the Bears, and 4 seasons with the Phins. That means he HC about 160 games, and can not have a record of 251 games.

I really don't care about anything Jason Cole says. I'd much prefer what guys in this team say.

So what do the guys on this team say?

It seems to me the guys on this team are voting with their actions. And their actions say they are uninspired, unmotivated, and not playing with consistent intensity.

I really don't care about anything Jason Cole says. I'd much prefer what guys in this team say.

Chicken finger subs give me these fighting feelings. I feel like a Spanish Fighting Chicken "El Diablo".

You have to admit, that anecdote about Wanny's motivational speech is pretty effin' funny!

Your chicken el diablo line is pretty good too.

Also, are you saying any kind of monkey could call plays better than Gailey or a particular type of monkey?

Therefore, you made an assumption that I was saying that I was in the locker room. And you know what an assumption stands for I'm sure. It seems to apply.

Yes, he who makes an assumption makes an ass out of you and ump, oh wait.

I have a hard time keeping up. Sorry.

It seems to me the guys on this team are voting with their actions. And their actions say they are uninspired, unmotivated, and not playing with consistent intensity.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

I suggest the Chicken El Diablo.

Why, yes, yes it does sound better. But whose HC record is 169 and 82? It certainly isn't Wannstedts as a head coach. 83-88 (41-57 on the Bears, 42-31 on the 'Phins - both teams of whom far more was expected, especially the 'Phins with the #1 D, Ricky Williams, and playoff appearances the 1st 2 years Wanny was there.

Let's use a little logic here. The man was a HC 6 seasons with the Bears, and 4 seasons with the Phins. That means he HC about 160 games, and can not have a record of 251 games.

So what do the guys on this team say?

hes 82-87. For a total of 169 games. Sorry. Either way. It's still better than Chan the career loser.

Guys in this team say they want Chan as head coach going forward. Listen to all the interviews. They all want him back.

This isn't about what our players want or say about our coaches. None of them say bad things about Wanny.

Your chicken el diablo line is pretty good too.

Also, are you saying any kind of monkey could call plays better than Gailey or a particular type of monkey?

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

I suggest the Chicken El Diablo.

thank you.

Yes, any monkey would work. Any poop. Any chart of plays. They all work.

Again, thank you.

I said a few posts back, that wasn't to say that I was, rather that the person I was saying it to, acted like he was in the locker room. Therefore, you made an assumption that I was saying that I was in the locker room. And you know what an assumption stands for I'm sure. It seems to apply.

ya know what? I'm don't with you man. I don't know if yiur serious or joking anymore. But anyone that can sit there and say they want Chan back just because continuity is a better way to go is absolutely rediculous. If your serious, I can't ever talk to you about anything and respect your opinion ever again. If your trolling, I can never respect anything you say ever again.

I'm done with you.

If Chan Gailey would just grow a set and take more risks I'd be all for retaining his services. Show us that you are willing to take some gambles to win a freaking game. Don't tell us you were "scared". Win the God Damn game and take a fing risk you Redneck!

Players feed off of positive energy. Gailey's conservatism doesn't win ball games, it loses them. 15-31 is all I need to prove that point.

If Chan Gailey would just grow a set and take more risks I'd be all for retaining his services. Show us that you are willing to take some gambles to win a freaking game. Don't tell us you were "scared". Win the God Damn game and take a fing risk you Redneck!

Players feed off of positive energy. Gailey's conservatism doesn't win ball games, it loses them. 15-31 is all I need to prove that point.

I think technically it's "goddamned."

I could be wrong.

:)

But I agree with you about the redneck part.

his record as a head coach is 169 and 82. That sounds a LOT better than 15-33 doesn't it?

What's more alarming is how much people over rate Kyle Williams. He just isn't that good. And Dareus is either psychologically messed up over his brothers death or he's just another bust taken by the Bills.

Williams after his surgery has amassed a pretty solid outing this year. He's either over now or will most likely be over 10 sacks by the end of the year and that's more than we've had since the other over rated white boy Aaron Schobel retired.

Bleacher Report is a joke. Nobody takes it seriously.

This was back when we were 3-5. That's a lifetime ago. And multiple Chan screwups ago.

With that all said, I do not want Wanny to be the Bills next head coach. I would prefer him to Chan but I'd rather have someone from outside the organization instead. I really just wanted to argue and disprove your points right now. Chicken finger subs give me these fighting feelings. I feel like a Spanish Fighting Chicken "El Diablo".

Kyle Williams is the best player on that Buffalo Bills defense IMO, and that's over the 100 million dollar DE! The guy is a "manster" and his motor just never stops!

The Bills are on pace to give up a franchise record for most points allowed and the second-most yards allowed in team history.'

http://buffalonews.c...ills-drive-1082

I suppose most fans have forgotten that 45-3 loss to the 49ers, you know the one where now back up 49er QB Alex Smith threw for over 300 yards!

Smith threw for a season-high 303 yards and three touchdowns, Frank Gore ran for 106 yards and a score, and the 49ers amassed a franchise-record 621 yards in blowing by the Buffalo Bills 45-3 on Sunday.

San Francisco also became the first team in NFL history with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing.

The Bills became the first team to give up at least 550 yards in consecutive games in the same season since the 1950 New York Yanks.

"I have no answers and no excuses," beleaguered Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "I don't have the answers and I have to find the answers. That's my job."

http://www.cbssports...20121007_BUF@SF

Holy crap, Wannstooge isn't only worse then former DC George Edwards under Gailey. Edwards only set Buffalo Bills franchise records for the worst defense against the run in the 50 year history of the franchise. Dave Wannstooge is historically worse by setting new NFL records for being bad. :sick:

Edited by FeartheLosing

Kyle Williams is the best player on that Buffalo Bills defense IMO, and that's over the 100 million dollar DE! The guy is a "manster" and his motor just never stops!

The Bills are on pace to give up a franchise record for most points allowed and the second-most yards allowed in team history.'

http://buffalonews.c...ills-drive-1082

I suppose most fans have forgotten that 45-3 loss to the 49ers, you know the one where now back up 49er QB Alex Smith threw for over 300 yards!

Smith threw for a season-high 303 yards and three touchdowns, Frank Gore ran for 106 yards and a score, and the 49ers amassed a franchise-record 621 yards in blowing by the Buffalo Bills 45-3 on Sunday.

San Francisco also became the first team in NFL history with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing.

The Bills became the first team to give up at least 550 yards in consecutive games in the same season since the 1950 New York Yanks.

"I have no answers and no excuses," beleaguered Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "I don't have the answers and I have to find the answers. That's my job."

http://www.cbssports...20121007_BUF@SF

Holy crap, Wannstooge isn't only worse then former DC under Gailey in Buffalo, George Edwards. Edwards only set Buffalo Bills franchise records for the worst defense against the run in the 50 year history of the franchise. Dave Wannstooge is NFL historically worse by setting new NFL records for being bad. :sick:

You can say what you want about K. Williams. I personally think he's over rated and over loved. I have never understood it other than the fact that he's a "white, high motor, lunch pail, blue collar" kind if guy. Reminds me of Aaron Schobel. Really not that good but because he's the best defender in a crap defense he gets love. It's a joke IMO. But that's my opinion. I don't expect you to feel the same. In fact I expect the majority of people to fall for it.

As far as Wanny goes in defense. I could care less. His record as an NFL head coach is "almost" at .500 at 82-87. That might not be great but it would be better than the 15-33 from Chan Gailey.

His defense is also on Chans team. I'm sure he has some day in the defense but at the end of the day, Chan and Buddy make the calls. They have ZERO good LBs and that's a joke. They have ONE good CB, and ONE good FS. They have a few spots in the DL that are decent or good (Williams and Williams) but that's it. The defense sucks.

Again ill say it, do I want Wanny as our HC? You bet your @$$ not a chance. But... If I had to pick one for 1 year. Wanny or Chan. After looking at the HC winning %s, how could anyone pick Chan? Hopefully we have neither next year.

You can say what you want about K. Williams. I personally think he's over rated and over loved. I have never understood it other than the fact that he's a "white, high motor, lunch pail, blue collar" kind if guy. Reminds me of Aaron Schobel. Really not that good but because he's the best defender in a crap defense he gets love. It's a joke IMO. But that's my opinion. I don't expect you to feel the same. In fact I expect the majority of people to fall for it.

As far as Wanny goes in defense. I could care less. His record as an NFL head coach is "almost" at .500 at 82-87. That might not be great but it would be better than the 15-33 from Chan Gailey.

His defense is also on Chans team. I'm sure he has some day in the defense but at the end of the day, Chan and Buddy make the calls. They have ZERO good LBs and that's a joke. They have ONE good CB, and ONE good FS. They have a few spots in the DL that are decent or good (Williams and Williams) but that's it. The defense sucks.

Again ill say it, do I want Wanny as our HC? You bet your @$$ not a chance. But... If I had to pick one for 1 year. Wanny or Chan. After looking at the HC winning %s, how could anyone pick Chan? Hopefully we have neither next year.

First of all, a lot more then just Bills fans feel KW is a very good player or he wouldn't get all the pro bowl votes he gets.

As to your point about not being that good because he is the best player on a bad defense is exactly what makes him such a good player. Do you realize how difficult it is to make it to the pro bowl when the players around him are sub par or at best average? Very self motivated, and an overachiever despite playing on bad teams year after year, along with bad to very bad coaching. Williams would be even better and in the pro bowl every year with a better surrounding cast or on a team such as the 49ers. Yea, he is that good.

First of all, a lot more then just Bills fans feel KW is a very good player or he wouldn't get all the pro bowl votes he gets.

As to your point about not being that good because he is the best player on a bad defense is exactly what makes him such a good player. Do you realize how difficult it is to make it to the pro bowl when the players around him are sub par or at best average? Very self motivated, and an overachiever despite playing on bad teams year after year, along with bad to very bad coaching. Williams would be even better and in the pro bowl every year with a better surrounding cast or on a team such as the 49ers. Yea, he is that good.

I disagree with everything you just said regarding Kyle Williams. I have said it. I'm not going back on it. I think he's over rated. On every level. By players, coaches, media, and fans. I feel he is that over rated. I don't care what anyone else says. People said those very same things about McGee, and Schobel too. People said those same things about Roscoe, and Evans. People said those same things about Poz and Freddy.

This shouldn't even make it in this thread. This isn't about that. Sorry K. Williams was ever brought up in the first place. I'm done talking about him now. There's no way I will ever change your mind about Williams and I could care less. In another 2 years when were all saying he was over rated, ill know I was right. If... In 2 years he proves me wrong, ill eat crow. I'm done here.