What kind of car do you drive?

mrags

Actually, I'm thinking about retiring her at the end of the summer, and putting her in the garage.

She's easily my favorite car I've ever owned, and I want her to last forever.

I've never done that with a car before, and have always been the type to drive a car for 8-10 years, and trade it in... but I don't think I can do that this time.

do it. If I had the money and available space, I'd do this too. Buy a car and instead if trading it in, garage it to have multiple options.

If you have the means, I recommend it.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats your reasoning for wanting to go from a sporty luxury import car to a full size truck?

To answer the title of this thread I drive

- A 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T

- A 2001 Dodge Dakota Sport Quad Cab v8

- Wife Drives a 2008 Pontiac G6

I personally love the Dodge Dakotas, previously I owned a '98 single cab v6 dakota (manual) 2wd and it never had any issues except for it starting to rust out around the rear wheel wells. Only thing I hated was 2wd in the winter, and being only a single cab there was only room for 2 people with any baggage or stuff being thrown in the box. I replaced teh Dakota with a '99 Explorer I bought at a used car dealership (AS-IS) that had the timing chain go and destroy the motor 2 months later. Fixed it and drove it for a few more months before selling it and buying the 4 door Dakota. I drove that for a while back and forth to work but the mileage on that v8 was causing me to spend $100 a week just in gas to go to work. I decided to keep that truck since it was paid for already and use it on weekends or when needing to haul stuff/materials around and I went looking for something cheaper. Originally the plan was to get a Jeep (had a few and tehy are my favorite), but everything I found was high mileage with just as high price tags for the earlier TJs, and I'm not impressed with the original v6 mini van motor the earlier new wranglers have (would have liked to have gotten one with the new v6 in it but they were out of my price range at the moment) so I looked around and took a Caliber out for a drive. I bought an R/t cause it had the biggest 4 cyl of all the Calibers in it, and comes with AWD. Unfortunatly, even though the R/T was the top model, it was still bone stock inside. Its auto with an Auto-Stick that I barely use, but its almost half the cost to get back and forth to work. Traction is good too with the AWD, my Dakota slid everywhere in the snow we just got, I had trouble getting the Caliber to drift anywhere in the snow

I agree on the Chrysler/Jeep thing. The Caliber, I think, is the same as the Jeep Patriot... Actually, I like the styling on the Caliber better... Patriot looks to clunky with its trim... And I could NEVER drive a ride with the name of the Bills sworn enemy! ;-)

nice. Manual or auto?

Do Caddy's even come in standard? Huh?? Wouldn't it come in "autostick" or something?? What I am saying... Are there new Caddy's out there with manual clutches and sticks? :-O

I remember when I almost purchased an AMC Pacer. 1975. Had put money down. Got it back and went down to dodge and purchased dodge truck. 4 wheel drive with snow plow.

You narrowly escaped. I had a '75 Pacer in college. Maroon, rusty but had a 4 on the floor plus the 258CI engine with a 2-barrel carb. The base was a 232 with a 1 barrel so mine was the "high output" version. Went on 2 dates in that car with my then girlfriend (now wife) and decided I had to make a move if I wanted to keep dating her. Got a Celica GT(used) immediately and saved the relationship.

I really love 3 different types of autos.

Sports cars- who doesn't love or want one?

Full size pickups- love the usage factor in them. They make you feel badass.

Sport Sedan- easily able to hide the power and excitement of a sports car with the simple sedan look.

My exact recipe. In addition to the 335 and the F150, my wife has an MX-5 convertible. The one last car is my my favorite. A Miata with a roll cage, no interior, adjustable suspension, race tires and numbers on it. That one is towed to the track with the pickup and does battle with dozens of other similar Miatas 6 - 8 times a year on the best tracks in the country. You can't have more fun than this.

My exact recipe. In addition to the 335 and the F150, my wife has an MX-5 convertible. The one last car is my my favorite. A Miata with a roll cage, no interior, adjustable suspension, race tires and numbers on it. That one is towed to the track with the pickup and does battle with dozens of other similar Miatas 6 - 8 times a year on the best tracks in the country. You can't have more fun than this.

very nice. I bet. The Miata is a true drivers car. Almost a perfect 50/50 weight distribution front to rear. Not to offend you or Miata drivers anywhere, but truly a poor mans Porsche.

2010 Cadillac CTS, black/black.

. Looking at the 3.6 performance version. Don't want a black one!

Tough to fine on under 40k on car sites. 2009-

the "V" version is an absolute devil. You should take a look.

. Older ones in my opinion are not as nice, the de-tuned supercharged engine from the zr-1 is a super motor.

Oh nice. Just leased a 2013 CTS Coupe, same color scheme. Love it.

. Lease for over 500? Edited by roush

Nah, I did ultra low mileage lease. 30,000 for 39 months. Just cracked 800 miles on day 40. :-). I also used trade in to cover fees and lower payment. Paying $330 a month.

Don't talk to me about going over the miles on a lease. I am so !@#$ed with my current lease.