Worst Owner in the NFL?

Bronc24

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Ralph the worst owner in the NFL? Is there an owner you would not trade him for?

Miami's ownership parade

Johnson in Charlotte

Minnesota...whoever is up there now.

San Diego

Phili

But yeah. let's point fingers any way we can...

Mike Brown, Bud Adams and Bill Bidwill... Brown and Adams are massive interferers and the Bidwill family has been awful for years...

Ohh, and William Clay Ford, Jr.

Johnson in Charlotte

Jerry Richardson still owns the Panthers...

Edited by BmoreBills

isn't "among the worst" bad enough? and i still think a good argument can be made for the worst. but re bud adams, isn't it amazing how much better a coach jeff fisher became after changing teams. i wonder about some of our "bad" coaches too (gailey excluded of course, he's a retard).

Mike Brown, Bud Adams and Bill Bidwill... Brown and Adams are massive interferers and the Bidwill family has been awful for years...

Ohh, and William Clay Ford, Jr.

Jerry Richardson still owns the Panthers...

Meant him. Thought of bob johnson of bobcats

Doh

isn't "among the worst" bad enough? and i still think a good argument can be made for the worst. but re bud adams, isn't it amazing how much better a coach jeff fisher became after changing teams. i wonder about some of our "bad" coaches too (gailey excluded of course, he's a retard).

I literally laughed out loud at this.

Don't fingers deserve to be pointed?

Yes but Wilson has put up the money & hired who HE THOUGHT knew what they were doing & it is apparent that something went a stray some where .

The guy can't play so other than doing what he is doing which is supporting the team with his money , time and life i can't see where the guy sucks that bad . If he was interfering all the time then maybe but i can'r see that he is so there you go !!

Yes but Wilson has put up the money & hired who HE THOUGHT knew what they were doing & it is apparent that something went a stray some where .

The guy can't play so other than doing what he is doing which is supporting the team with his money , time and life i can't see where the guy sucks that bad . If he was interfering all the time then maybe but i can'r see that he is so there you go !!

I guess when you are 94, you can't have a "vision" for the future, but let's be honest: who was at all excited when Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey were hired? That's an owner's final call, propped up or not.

I don't get all this disdain for the old man. He has dumped a lot of dough on this team, and I bet he wants to win more than any of us. He just hired the wrong guys. For all is southern charm, Nix has made some bad decisions.

If he REALLY wanted to win, why has he not made changes to the most senior management? He could have sold the team or done SOMETHING to circumvent his forced hands off approach due to age... but NO, he did not. I have to disagree.

I'd argue Wilson is one of the better NFL owners. Hell, he was one of the architects of the NFL. Think about that. Guys like Dan Snyder and Jeffrey Lurie just come in with money and buy things. Wilson helped create.

The team has always been in good financial position with little to no debt. The team has only known one city in its franchise history while the landscape of the NFL and the nation has changed, Buffalo *still* has a team. That's stability.

He lended money to AFL teams that would have folded that wouldn't have even been around to be in the NFL.

We've been sparred ridiculous stadium names.

He oppossed that lousy old collective bargaining agreement.

The state hasn't been held hostage for a new stadium or else.

Despite having a mediocre to lousy product the last 13 years, the team has seen the Super Bowl. Four times. Some teams haven't even gotten to one. You all should be Lions fans.

I'd take Ralph Wilson over Dan Snyder or the Bidwells or the Brown family any day of the week.

I'd argue Wilson is one of the better NFL owners. Hell, he was one of the architects of the NFL. Think about that. Guys like Dan Snyder and Jeffrey Lurie just come in with money and buy things. Wilson helped create.

He was an architect of the AFL, not the NFL... and although he created, he has also massively failed. Finding Bill Polian was LUCK, not skill... we are still paying for that error.

Despite having a mediocre to lousy product the last 13 years, the team has seen the Super Bowl. Four times. Some teams haven't even gotten to one. You all should be Lions fans.

I'd take Ralph Wilson over Dan Snyder or the Bidwells or the Brown family any day of the week.

Wow, the Lions. Let's talk about the Lions, who has as bad an owner as we have right now. Are we to be grateful that we went to four Super Bowls and lost because we're not the Lions, or Browns, or the Falcons?!??!!

SINCE 1999:

Baltimore Ravens, Super Bowl Champions, OLD Cleveland Browns!

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Super Bowl Champions. Horrible past.

New Orleans Saints, Super Bowl Champions. Horrible past.

Indianapolis Colts, Super Bowl Champions. Horrible past.

St. Louis Rams, Super Bowl Champions. Average past.

ALL were around since the merger... and where are we now?!?!?! STILL, yes STILL in the land of God awful. Spare me your "be thankful" routine, because I'm sick to death of it.

Edited by BmoreBills

I guess when you are 94, you can't have a "vision" for the future, but let's be honest: who was at all excited when Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey were hired? That's an owner's final call, propped up or not.

I sure the heck wasn't, rather disappointed actually. The press conferences were like a repeat of the Beverly Hillbillies or Green Acres. Fans of this team love to put on their blinders and rose colored glasses and make excuses for the owner, GM, coach, QB, receivers, etc. Just the way they like it, make excuses and keep buying tickets and merchandise.