Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that is the point Azalin. We have rational minds trying to find a rational cause. It is never going to happen... All we can do is our best to find some kind of closure.

then how can you make statements like 'Totally wrong... He wanted to die by his own hand. Why are we failing to miss that point?O bviously, he had a very sick "mission" to carry out first' as if it were fact? I would agree that none of us can truly get into that guy's head and make any kind of sense of what he did, and I would include your statement to be supposition as well.

all I meant to say in the first place when I tossed my opinion out there was that I do not believe the big issue in this tragedy is guns, but rather serious mental illness. can we not all agree on that?

then how can you make statements like 'Totally wrong... He wanted to die by his own hand. Why are we failing to miss that point?O bviously, he had a very sick "mission" to carry out first' as if it were fact? I would agree that none of us can truly get into that guy's head and make any kind of sense of what he did, and I would include your statement to be supposition as well.

all I meant to say in the first place when I tossed my opinion out there was that I do not believe the big issue in this tragedy is guns, but rather serious mental illness. can we not all agree on that?

Not if you want to politicize it and really make it about gun control.

yeah, that kind of thing still happens a lot around here, doesn't it?

Yes, some like to confuse the lines for their own purposes. "We need gun control to eliminate these horrendous killings." "That's why I want to carry, to protect myself." "They are so rare that it is ridiculous for you to carry". "If they are so rare why are we bothering with gun control"?

"Think of the children".

Yes, some like to confuse the lines for their own purposes. "We need gun control to eliminate these horrendous killings." "That's why I want to carry, to protect myself." "They are so rare that it is ridiculous for you to carry". "If they are so rare why are we bothering with gun control"?

"Think of the children".

Anyone with an ounce of empathy has been thinking a lot about the children lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Newtown didn't happen....

Prof: Newtown Didn't Happen, Was Conspiracy To Push Gun Control

A communications professor in Florida is suggesting that the Dec. 14 school shooting in Newtown, Conn., might not have happened as reported by the news media reported — if even at all. James Tracy, a tenured associate professor of media history at Florida Atlantic University, alleges on his blog and ininterviews that "crisis actors" were likely employed by the administration of President Barack Obama to shape a scenario that would redirect policy debate to gun control.