Would Mario restructure his contract?

marauderswr80

I see several post saying if we resign our core guys this off season we wont have much left for any FA's.

So I ask this....would Mario or even Fitz restructure their contract to help free up some money?

Kinda the same approach that happen in Anaheim with Pujols & Weaver restructuring their deals to sign Josh Hamilton...

Curious what you guys think...

I see several post saying if we resign our core guys this off season we wont have much left for any FA's.

So I ask this....would Mario or even Fitz restructure their contract to help free up some money?

Kinda the same approach that happen in Anaheim with Pujols & Weaver restructuring their deals to sign Josh Hamilton...

There is no way Mario Williams will restructure his Contract. Usually players will only do that if they know that their team is a few players away from a Super Bowl appearance. The Bills are light years away. Does anyone know what Fitzpatrick's salary cap hit is if they cut him? I'll bet it's off the charts high.

Actually, the list is longer than those two. Urbik and Reinhart also have to be resigned. Thats the top 3 guards, and we surely have to get Urbik. Reinhart is a starter on other teams as well.....hope we don't loose him. And, somewhere out there is t he end of Woods contract.....I think he may have one more year. Spiller has two more I think. George Wilson also will need to be resigned, but I am wondering about that. With Aaron Williams a bust at CB, he may be moved to safety, DeNorris Searcy is already there, And, frankly, Ron Brooks would be a great safety as well, a hitter with ball skills, depending on if his very average speed is adequate on the corner or slot.

Actually, the list is longer than those two. Urbik and Reinhart also have to be resigned. Thats the top 3 guards, and we surely have to get Urbik. Reinhart is a starter on other teams as well.....hope we don't loose him. And, somewhere out there is t he end of Woods contract.....I think he may have one more year. Spiller has two more I think. George Wilson also will need to be resigned, but I am wondering about that. With Aaron Williams a bust at CB, he may be moved to safety, DeNorris Searcy is already there, And, frankly, Ron Brooks would be a great safety as well, a hitter with ball skills, depending on if his very average speed is adequate on the corner or slot.

Not to take this thread off topic, but Brooks ran a 4.26 40. That is far from average speed. Aaron Williams is definitely worth a look at SS if he can make the transition. I agree with the rest of your post minus the part about Ron Brooks.

With Fitz spotty performance to this point he should & i think he is a team guy so i think he would & would probably be the one to initiate talks to do so..

Why Mario? Why can't this thread ask Fitzpatrick to restructure? If we can't save money by straight up cutting him, let him restructure his contract. He doesn't deserve a dime of what he's making. Should be making backup money because that's what he is, a backup QB! Another way to get money to sign our free agents is by getting rid of the dead weight. Players like Kelsay, McGee, Wilson, Fred Jackson need to be let go. We appreciated their services, but it's time to move on.

The Bills have not had cap issues since John Butler was the GM. They have plenty of room to resign Byrd and Levitre even to NFL highest paid salary levels. Fitzpatrick's deal is not overwhelming like Brees' or Brady's deals are. There are lots of rookies playing on rookie deals in the defense.

I would argue resigning McKelvin with as badly as Aaron Williams has struggled is important as well though not as big a deal as Byrd and Levitre.

depends widely by what you want in a restructure.

take salary as a signing bonus instead of weekly check so we can spread it out over a few years of cap and he gets the money up front - sure.

take a big pay cut - no.

exactly. He's not giving back any money. But if Ralph wants to pony up the salary into a bonus payout, then I'm sure Mario would agree.

Isn't 2013 the start of when all teams are required to spend like 98% of the cap?

Our payroll should increase quite a bit, right?

My thought is that we have lots of cap room, so Ralph won't need to (nor want to) shell out extra bonus money upfront to get cap room.

If you were Mario would you?

Edited by LVBillsBackr

Isn't 2013 the start of when all teams are required to spend like 98% of the cap?

Our payroll should increase quite a bit, right?

My thought is that we have lots of cap room, so Ralph won't need to (nor want to) shell out extra bonus money upfront to get cap room.

I have read we have 11.7 cap space and the cap is not going up really at all. We might have to spend up to 98% but no we wont have tons of room. Granted we have more than most teams even with all the money we spent last year.

Why Mario? Why can't this thread ask Fitzpatrick to restructure? If we can't save money by straight up cutting him, let him restructure his contract. He doesn't deserve a dime of what he's making. Should be making backup money because that's what he is, a backup QB! Another way to get money to sign our free agents is by getting rid of the dead weight. Players like Kelsay, McGee, Wilson, Fred Jackson need to be let go. We appreciated their services, but it's time to move on.

I mentioned fitz....thanks!

I wouldn't and neither would anyone else on this board unless a boatload of up-front money was guaranteed. In the NFL you can be cut in a second, so having that $ up front and guaranteed is the only way I would.

Edited by Dopey

Thats my question though....what if freeing up a few million helps this team get over the hump and be a winner....whats a few million when you already have tons of money? Besides greed....

I was just reading up on my MLB news being a Braves fan and all....noticed what Pujols & Weaver did to get a key addition for their team...

Was curious if Mario would think about doing it to help the team? He does seem team oriented plus hes going to be here a while...why not try to win?

Thats my question though....what if freeing up a few million helps this team get over the hump and be a winner....whats a few million when you already have tons of money? Besides greed....

I was just reading up on my MLB news being a Braves fan and all....noticed what Pujols & Weaver did to get a key addition for their team...

Was curious if Mario would think about doing it to help the team? He does seem team oriented plus hes going to be here a while...why not try to win?

well, lets not get carried away (unless i missed pujols giving up a significant portion of his $254 million).

most of what i have seen from him has been structure related. which is a totally different talk.