Captain Checkdown article

I don' think anyone ever questioned Edward's character. I cannot remember one negative thing about him as a person. This does not surprise me at all. . . . He was just never the same player after that concussion in Arizona. He'll be a coach some day.

I don' think anyone ever questioned Edward's character. I cannot remember one negative thing about him as a person. This does not surprise me at all. . . . He was just never the same player after that concussion in Arizona. He'll be a coach some day.

You haven't been here long then. The guy was a 3rd round pick. He basically started because our 1st round pick failed. It's the same thing with Fitz. He was brought into to be a backup. Yet, when the team struggles, they get all the blame. Honestly, Fitz exceed expectations and Edwards was a guy who should of had a long career as a backup. But that's why the Bills need to actually draft a guy high with a real resume for once.

I continue to question his character after watching him run out of bounds and into the tunnel on 4th down with the game on the line. He might be a nice guy but he was a quitter and a chicken**** on the field.

I agree with this. In Edwards' first 10 games, he was a different QB. He chucked it downfield. Hung in the pocket a bit and just showed way more poise than Losman. I thought we had something in Edwards. And his turning point was pretty much on the crown of Adrian Wilson's helmet. After that game, it was like he said "screw this".....

Good article though. Thanks for posting.

I never want a QB on my team whose favorite sport is volleyball. Even as a backup or 3rd stringer.

This was what was "off" to me about Edwards. It never came off that he had any passion for the game whatsoever. You look at the greats now like Brady, Manning and even the kids like Luck and Griffin. They play each game with a furiousity that nothing will stop them achieve their goals. Edwards always took me as a guy who found out he was good at football but he didn't really love the game. It was a job to him.

His interviews were melba toast and he never exuded any fire on the sidelines.

I continue to question his character after watching him run out of bounds and into the tunnel on 4th down with the game on the line. He might be a nice guy but he was a quitter and a chicken**** on the field.

Real easy for you to say coach, you weren't the one that had his body beat to a pulp and twisted up like a pretzel over and over again trying to operate an Offense spun off from the Mike Martz greatest show on turf. A flawed Offense that was getting QB's killed.

Stepchilds offense...

Real easy for you to say coach, you weren't the one that had his body beat to a pulp and twisted up like a pretzel over and over again trying to operate an Offense spun off from the Mike Martz greatest show on turf. A flawed Offense that was getting QB's killed.

Stepchilds offense...

Yes, it is easy for me to say. Because it was obvious. So obvious that Chan cut him the next day. Name another instance in which a starting QB was outright released during a season, just days after starting a game.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

For those of you so quick to chuck out Fitzpatrick re-read that article and how qb's feel its important to have a veteran presence to lean on. Then ask yourself would you rather that rookie qb that we draft (and hopefully we do) veteran presence to be someone like Fitz or Tarvaris Jackson?

For those of you so quick to chuck out Fitzpatrick re-read that article and how qb's feel its important to have a veteran presence to lean on. Then ask yourself would you rather that rookie qb that we draft (and hopefully we do) veteran presence to be someone like Fitz or Tarvaris Jackson?

Who knows?? We don't know TJ and for god's sake we don't want Fitz telling the kid how to throw a proper deep ball.

Edwards was already washed up when gailey came on board. I think Gailey tried him on for size at Ralph Wilson's request. That owner driven tryout lasted two games. When Mr Wilson finally saw the light, Chan used the ax. Just my guess.....as Ralph was proud to say, at one time, that he helped draft Edwards.

I agree with this. In Edwards' first 10 games, he was a different QB. He chucked it downfield. Hung in the pocket a bit and just showed way more poise than Losman. I thought we had something in Edwards. And his turning point was pretty much on the crown of Adrian Wilson's helmet. After that game, it was like he said "screw this".....

Good article though. Thanks for posting.

That's what I always thought as well. Edwards and the Bills were having a great season up until that hit in Arizona. That was the turning point not just for him, but for the Bills entire season.