8 Cuts Belichick Would Make

Dean Cain

The following 8 players wouldn't be on a team with a smart GM like Bill Belichick.

That's right this season we've wasted $27,901,666 in payroll on guys Belichick would be paying $600,000 each or $4,800,000 tops. You can't make these kind of mistakes if you want to be a winner. This isn't even accounting for the $6,000,000 charge for Fitzpatrick this year, but $4,600,000 on back up QBs, one who has a career 1-11 record as a starter is asinine.

All are near the ends of their careers, 3 are on IR, and 1 guy doesn't even dress on game day.

Pulled from http://sports.yahoo....eams/buf/roster

1. Kelsay, Chris DE 6'-4'' 263 33 10 Nebraska $4,750,000

2. Barnett, Nick RLB 6'-2'' 228 31 10 Oregon State $4,000,000

3. McGee, Terrence CB 5'-9'' 205 32 10 Northwestern State $3,780,000

4. Jackson, Fred RB 6'-1'' 216 31 6 Coe $3,680,000

5. Wilson, George SS 6'-0'' 214 31 7 Arkansas $3,541,666

6. Johnson, Spencer LDT 6'-3'' 304 31 9 Auburn $3,500,000

7. Thigpen, Tyler QB 6'-1'' 218 28 6 Coastal Carolina $2,500,000

8. Jackson, Tarvaris QB 6'-2'' 225 29 7 Alabama State $2,150,000

How do you know which ones arent guaranteed?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how this board has gone from having a mental breakdown on "Why won't the Bills pay the man?!!" with Fred to "Why the hell is he on the roster?"

Quick! The wind is blowing in a new direction!

3 injuries and the emergence of CJ Spiller will pretty much do that. I personally don't think Fred should be cut but his touches should be drastically reduced next season

who give a flying fk what that cheater would do. the second marcia loses her hof ability that lucky dick will go back to being the painfully mediocre hc he always was and always will be

AMEN!!!

IVE SAID THAT THE WHOLE TIME...BILLICHEAT BEFORE BRADY = 51-55

Screw Patriots!

I would take Freddie off that list and substitute in Brad Smith. BellyCheat doesn't like gimmicky little toys...he'd say goodbye to B Smith's $4 million salary and find a big honkin TE at half the price.

He loves wide receivers playing a lot of positions. He's always had a knack for putting in the backfield, special teams, and even defense - he just doesn't run the wild cat because he has a real qb.

The following 8 players wouldn't be on a team with a smart GM like Bill Belichick.

That's right this season we've wasted $27,901,666 in payroll on guys Belichick would be paying $600,000 each or $4,800,000 tops. You can't make these kind of mistakes if you want to be a winner. This isn't even accounting for the $6,000,000 charge for Fitzpatrick this year, but $4,600,000 on back up QBs, one who has a career 1-11 record as a starter is asinine.

All are near the ends of their careers, 3 are on IR, and 1 guy doesn't even dress on game day.

Pulled from http://sports.yahoo....eams/buf/roster

1. Kelsay, Chris DE 6'-4'' 263 33 10 Nebraska $4,750,000

2. Barnett, Nick RLB 6'-2'' 228 31 10 Oregon State $4,000,000

3. McGee, Terrence CB 5'-9'' 205 32 10 Northwestern State $3,780,000

4. Jackson, Fred RB 6'-1'' 216 31 6 Coe $3,680,000

5. Wilson, George SS 6'-0'' 214 31 7 Arkansas $3,541,666

6. Johnson, Spencer LDT 6'-3'' 304 31 9 Auburn $3,500,000

7. Thigpen, Tyler QB 6'-1'' 218 28 6 Coastal Carolina $2,500,000

8. Jackson, Tarvaris QB 6'-2'' 225 29 7 Alabama State $2,150,000

Wow, when you add up Thigpen's and Jackson's salaries and add them to Fitz's, this joke of a football team has over 15 mil wrapped up in bad QBs. But Buddy Nix is doing a great job!

How do you know which ones arent guaranteed?

I believe McGee's contract expires after this season, & I think Spencer Johnson does as well.

The major point of contention being you don't pay a big bucks for guys who can be replaced.

Fred Jackson was once a great back. Unfortunately he appears finished, broken leg, LCL, concussion, MCL in his past 11 games played. That's 4 different injuries in 11 games or 1 every 2.75 games.

Barnett is a warrior but a step slow. George Wilson appears to have lost his play making capability & is always a step slow or allowing his assignment to get separation.

Wow, when you add up Thigpen's and Jackson's salaries and add them to Fitz's, this joke of a football team has over 15 mil wrapped up in bad QBs. But Buddy Nix is doing a great job!

15m in bad qbs isn't that rare. In that ballpark you are paying bad starter money (8-10m) plus two backups, often more serious backups than the big names have.

Good qb teams pay 18-20m for one guy and peanuts for a backup.

Dude Billicheat would sign Fred Jackson in a heart beat, he openly gushes about him. Fred Still has some left in the tank, hopefully next year we ill get a good 65% Spiller and 35% Jackson ratio.

No doubt about it. BB loved McGee too, but he's truly done now.

I believe McGee's contract expires after this season, & I think Spencer Johnson does as well.

The major point of contention being you don't pay a big bucks for guys who can be replaced.

I don't disagree with your comments on any but Jackson. But the analysis on getting rid of them isn't this simple. If they have guaranteed contract you have to pay that + cost of new player that replaces them. If they had a bonus the cap hit is even greater. If it were as simple as letting go of someone every time he is underperforming his contract dozens of additional players would be getting released in the NFL

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

so Bill is a great GM? You mean because of the Seymour trade that he did that his defense never recovered from or all the crappy drafts they've had.

They are great because of ONE player, not the head coach/gm.

Bill took a calculated risk when trading Seymour in 2009, but he got a 1st round pick in 2011 that yielded Nate Solder who is a great starting left tackle. He got a solid starter who is 9 years younger and has a bright future a gave up a guy who was on the wrong side of 30.

If you look at the Pats defense they are extremely stout against the run and have a better front 7 than we do. Furthermore the secondary is much improved with Talib & Dennard & McCourty.

It would have been 11-5 with Fitz too because they CHEATED.

not to mention that was after several seasons where veterans were taking less money just to go there and win easy. then belicheater started screwing over loyal players and that thankfully went to pot

the guy is a mediocre douche who cheated and now is riding the marcia gravy train. cant wait until he goes back to being just a surly dick

who give a flying fk what that cheater would do. the second marcia loses her hof ability that lucky dick will go back to being the painfully mediocre hc he always was and always will be

I agree with you that Brady is 60% of it. It will be interesting to see how soon Bellicheat cuts him loose because he thinks its all his system and Brady is too old/immobile/diva/expensive.

I agree with you that Brady is 60% of it. It will be interesting to see how soon Bellicheat cuts him loose because he thinks its all his system and Brady is too old/immobile/diva/expensive.

Brady will be around another 5 seasons barring injury. With the moden advances in health, medicine & the NFL rules, I think we'll see a lot more big armed durable Brady types play well into their 30s & possibly early 40s.

That said there's nothing more that I'd like to see than Dareus or Mario crushing Brady & knocking him out cleanly from a game.

Are people here and elsewhere really hating on fred jackson? I still think he's one of the most beloved on the roster (for good reason.) He's just not the best RB on the team anymore. Not a big deal really. A much younger, top 10 draft pick should be outperforming fred at this point.