Simpsons Tapped Out

section122

I like this so far. The ghosts can't hid behind buildings (gremlins can though), so it shouldn't wind up being anywhere near as tedious as whacking day was.

got you back shrader with 7, it's all i had

i also like that you can't poach all of someones ghosts from their town. i tried to get a few of shraders, i got 4 i think before it stopped me from getting more...

mrags, make a road on one square area new your dockport - it keeps your characters there when idle and easier to find

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got you back shrader with 7, it's all i had

i also like that you can't poach all of someones ghosts from their town. i tried to get a few of shraders, i got 4 i think before it stopped me from getting more...

I also like that someone can only have 10 gremlins running around at a time. With this system, there's no need for people sharing them back and forth. I just drop them in whatever town I see at this point, especially since it nets me at least 2 goo each time I send one out.

And as for the ghosts, you can pop 5 of them in each town you visit. I've noticed though that you can get 6 or 7 if you act quickly. As you're down to one last ghost, if you move quickly, you can get any others that are close by on the screen. I also don't think it effects how many are left after you leave. Any time you show up in someone else's town, there are a ton of ghost.

What exactly do the gremlins do? I've dropped off some but I have no idea what they do.

With my town and not having any roads, having almost every square inch taken up by buildings, it's really hard to see if I have any running around.

Thought I saw one, clicked off the houses to see where he went and lost him. That's the only experience I have so far with gremlins in my town.

Who was it that already had like 500 ghosts? How'd youbdo that?

easy. It starts off by buying a bunch of doughnuts. Lol

What exactly do the gremlins do? I've dropped off some but I have no idea what they do.

With my town and not having any roads, having almost every square inch taken up by buildings, it's really hard to see if I have any running around.

Thought I saw one, clicked off the houses to see where he went and lost him. That's the only experience I have so far with gremlins in my town.

easy. It starts off by buying a bunch of doughnuts. Lol

Every gremlin dropped off in a town is equal to 4 goo. If I drop one off in your town, it will be there for 4 hours or until you kill it. If you kill it, you get 2 goo and I get 2 goo. If you don't kill in during the 4 hours, I get all 4 goo. So for each gremlin you drop off, you are guaranteed at least 2. So you want to send them out as often as possible.

I noticed with your town and those buildings everywhere that the gremlins can get lost. I think people might like leaving them in your town then because they are far more likely to get all 4 goo since you will have a hard time seeing them.

And jboyst, you're probably thinking of me. I'm up near 1000 already. There's a guy at work who plays the game way too much while here and he had a lot of gremlins running around in my town yesterday. I'd check in and kill a few and then a few more would show up right away.

Mrags, your town is making the app crash for me (and, it's only your town doing it). On another note, damn man, I don't see how the game can be any kind of enjoyable with that much house-farming. I'm sorry, bro, but I don't quite get it....

It doesn't take donuts to get goo. I've actually gotten three donuts during this update, twice by popping ghosts and once from the graveyard (from last year's Halloween). I also have a bunch of neighbors; I cleaned out a bunch of inactive neighbors yesterday and added some more from the TSTO EA forum add-me lists:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/4127.page;jsessionid=1DA4C7455C1F06437B16566567BAA64A

Mrags, your town is making the app crash for me (and, it's only your town doing it). On another note, damn man, I don't see how the game can be any kind of enjoyable with that much house-farming. I'm sorry, bro, but I don't quite get it....

It doesn't take donuts to get goo. I've actually gotten three donuts during this update, twice by popping ghosts and once from the graveyard (from last year's Halloween). I also have a bunch of neighbors; I cleaned out a bunch of inactive neighbors yesterday and added some more from the TSTO EA forum add-me lists:

http://forum.ea.com/...B16566567BAA64A

I was about to send along the same exact message to Mrags. His town is making my app crash too. I've seen it happen one other time with someone who went way overboard on the houses.

And I got a donut from a ghost yesterday too. That's the only one so far, but it was a pleasant surprise. So how did you get your 666 anyway? Just been sitting on them for a while and not spending any of them? If you do decide to use a few, don't bother with Arnie Pye. His helicopter flying around the sky is very annoying and gets in the way when you want to click on buildings.

Haha. Sorry guys. Don't mean to make your stuff crash.

It's not very fun but I'm farming for cash right now. I didnt play the game when there were tricks to getting tons of money. So right now in sitting on about $3m and not sure if I want to buy the magnifying glass or the worlds largest zirconia. In the meantime I'm just collecting money. Gonna get something here and save up a few million and completely rebuild my town again. Was just getting sick of my old town and wanted something new.

Haha. Sorry guys. Don't mean to make your stuff crash.

It's not very fun but I'm farming for cash right now. I didnt play the game when there were tricks to getting tons of money. So right now in sitting on about $3m and not sure if I want to buy the magnifying glass or the worlds largest zirconia. In the meantime I'm just collecting money. Gonna get something here and save up a few million and completely rebuild my town again. Was just getting sick of my old town and wanted something new.

You get that those high-cash items are for people who don't have anything else to spend $ on, right? I would just say to sit on it so you don't have to scrounge to be able to do a building/task ever again.

And once you sell back the houses, you'll have even more $. When your town is crashing people, that's a sign from Jebus that it's time to scale back. :P:

Shrader, I bit for that special offer from Gil last time. I had gotten some iTunes cards as gifts and I don't use it for much anything else (well, besides this REALLY cool app called Sky Guide I got the other day), so what the heck.

I did get Arnie Pye. I just have a soft spot for the media people, I guess.... The helicopter stuff had been kind of cool, until this update when it just gets in the way when trying to tap things. They're also doing the aliens Konos and ___ in this event, probably as a donut item? I haven't gone overboard on using donuts, just getting things/characters I want. And I don't think there's any real need to use donuts for goo.

Shrader, I bit for that special offer from Gil last time. I had gotten some iTunes cards as gifts and I don't use it for much anything else (well, besides this REALLY cool app called Sky Guide I got the other day), so what the heck.

I did get Arnie Pye. I just have a soft spot for the media people, I guess.... The helicopter stuff had been kind of cool, until this update when it just gets in the way when trying to tap things. They're also doing the aliens Konos and ___ in this event, probably as a donut item? I haven't gone overboard on using donuts, just getting things/characters I want. And I don't think there's any real need to use donuts for goo.

Yeah, I always use them for characters. I really wish I could get back the ones I spent on Pye though. I'd love to have Disco Stu, but I don't have enough. If they do another Gil deal, I may throw in a couple bucks.

But hey, it looks like we are all going to get Lard Lad and some other premium building for free thanks to the global prize for ghosts. That's what the shadow on that rewards page is, isn't it?

I hope so. I've wanted Lard Lad for a long time now.

You get that those high-cash items are for people who don't have anything else to spend $ on, right? I would just say to sit on it so you don't have to scrounge to be able to do a building/task ever again.

And once you sell back the houses, you'll have even more $. When your town is crashing people, that's a sign from Jebus that it's time to scale back. :P:

i for have anything else to spend money on tho. I have every plot of land accounted for. I own every building. Just about every piece of bush,flower,greenery. Those big ticket items are the only things I have left to buy. Other than stuff I need doughnuts for. But that's not going to happen because I won't spend any money on this game unless Gil shows up and offers another sick deal while at the same time I happen to have some extra cash in my bank account. Then maybe of think about spending about $20 on it.

I just noticed that when the power plant is haunted, Frank Grimes' ghost hovers over it. That's pretty cool. A few other buildings have their own random ghosts. Moe's has a ghost chugging beer. The prison has one in an electric chair. The library had something but I didn't look closely enough. There are some nice touches they added.

• 5 weeks later...

I've still not spent a dime on the game and nearly at 10k. I have like 30 to go. And I have $3.5 I am just sitting on because why not.

I keep my playing level pretty low, I sometimes just leave it on at work to click on from time to time.

Also, its annoying because now the TV show is using all these defenses from the game. And using less popular characters to appear in the shiow. Luigi is a perfect example.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So less than a week into my month long ban on TBD and my Simpsons game completely screwed up. Can't get in at all. It's BS. Other accounts on work on my devise but my beautiful town is gone. No luck in hearing anything from EA at this point. I've tried. Squat. I accumulated over $3million saved, every single buyable item (except for the $5million cubic Zirconia) many doughnut purchases from the scratch off game, and every item available through the special events in the last year with the exception of the Motel on wacking day. I'm supremely pi$$ed off here. On top of it, it made my long long ban here feel even longer with nothing to do. So in case you guys were wondering where I was and why I disappeared from the earth in all reachable areas. That's why.

Ok. So less than a week into my month long ban on TBD and my Simpsons game completely screwed up. Can't get in at all. It's BS. Other accounts on work on my devise but my beautiful town is gone. No luck in hearing anything from EA at this point. I've tried. Squat. I accumulated over $3million saved, every single buyable item (except for the $5million cubic Zirconia) many doughnut purchases from the scratch off game, and every item available through the special events in the last year with the exception of the Motel on wacking day. I'm supremely pi$$ed off here. On top of it, it made my long long ban here feel even longer with nothing to do. So in case you guys were wondering where I was and why I disappeared from the earth in all reachable areas. That's why.

I can't even open your town, it freezes both my phone and tablet.

If I get tired of mine, I'll let you have mine. It might be soon.

Yeah. Same thing happens with me when I try and load it myself. Apparently my Krustyland is fine tho if you click on that.

I'm so mad about it. I've been a fan of EA since early Madden years and NHLPA years on the Sega. They refuse to reply to my emails to their support teams. It's a joke.

I lost access to mine for a while last year. I think I went about 2 months without accessing it. After a couple weeks, I deleted the game, so I'm not sure how long it was actually out of commission. I downloaded it again after those 2 months because I was bored one day and it finally worked again. When I got back on the game, I had something like 250 donuts waiting for me. So maybe there's one little bonus coming your way if/when you are able to play again.