A.J. McCarron--What do you think of him?

Canadian Bills Fan

I like this kid alot. He can do the whole game manager thing well AND he can throw the long ball well. He looks to be a very Coach Gailey offense friendly QB. He would look great in a Bills suit.

For me, accuracy is the best thing you need for a QB. AJ is very accurate. Having won on the big stage is important too.

Edited by reddogblitz

I like this kid alot. He can do the whole game manager thing well AND he can throw the long ball well. He looks to be a very Coach Gailey offense friendly QB. He would look great in a Bills suit.

For me, accuracy is the best thing you need for a QB. AJ is very accurate. Having won on the big stage is important too.

what red said :thumbsup:

I dont see him mentioned that much when talking about QB's to draft.

I know he may not declare this year for the draft but what if he did?

Would he be someone you would want to be our QB?

CBF

No! Just a less experienced version of what we already have.

Think athletic, big arm, and intelligent . . . McCarron is not athletic, nor does he have great arm strength

Think athletic, big arm, and intelligent . . . McCarron is not athletic, nor does he have great arm strength

:lol:

Less experienced? Well...Sure...So is Andrew Luck, and RGIII for that matter...Damn rookies... ;)

McCarron is not a great athlete like Cam Newton, but he's certainly a better athlete on the hoof than Fitz, he already has slightly better pocket presence, and though he does not have a great arm like Stafford, it's a hell of a lot better than Fitz's noodle...

McCarron would go no later than the 3rd Round in this Draft...If he continues to improve next year, which I'm sure he will, he can work his way into the 1st in 2014...And he's a considerably better prospect than Fitz was coming out... B-)

45 td to 8 int in his career. Not too shabby

True, but Kellen Moore had some impressive stats as well and where is he now?

I think McCarron is going to be back-up in the NFL. I just do not see him as a starter. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Mark Vader

True, but Kellen Moore had some impressive stats as well and where is he now?

I think McCarron is going to be back-up in the NFL. I just do not see him as a starter. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of caretaker QBs from loaded schools. See Matt Flynn's career at LSU. A lot of QBs would be winning titles at Bama. I've never watched AJ and thought he would ever carry a team. But as a later round pick? Sure, why not.

McCarron doesn't strike me as particularly intelligent. He's Matt Leinart 2.0, except no team will draft him in the first round

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.